Smart Watches on Black Friday?

stacyk9

So, what's everyone's thoughts on sales on smart watches, specifically Android Wear? Is it something too new to even consider putting on sale? I'm seriously looking at putting one on my Christmas list and just curious about it.

Thanks!

Stacy

There were some good deals last year on them. I ended up getting an Apple Watch for my wife (we have iPhones so it goes with it). She loves it, I had bought her a FitBit which she used until it started making her break out. She says she gets a lot more use out of the smart watch though.

Google delayed the new version of Android Wear until next year sometime (and I wouldn't be surprised if they end up killing it eventually). But that means there won't be many new models coming out soon but there should still be some nice BF deals on models like the Moto 360 gen 2.

Does anyone know or heard anything about the Fossil Smartwatches?  I like the styles better but have not heard anything regarding how well they actually work.

From the reviews I saw on Amazon they seem mostly positive, complaints I saw centered around the software on it not the hardware itself, some people talking about freezing and low battery life. If it's only a software issue then they should be able to solve that fairly easy. Not a ton of reviews though, I'm not sure how long they have been out though.

• Like 1

From the reviews I saw on Amazon they seem mostly positive, complaints I saw centered around the software on it not the hardware itself, some people talking about freezing and low battery life. If it's only a software issue then they should be able to solve that fairly easy. Not a ton of reviews though, I'm not sure how long they have been out though.

They have only been out a couple months - they range in the $300 area. 

• Like 1