Thanksgiving Shopping - More Stores Closing?

Kanyon71

Here is a list (so far) as to stores that will be closed on Thanksgiving day

A.C. Moore

AAFES

Ace Hardware

American Girl

AT&T

At Home

Babies "R" Us

Barnes & Noble

Bed Bath & Beyond

Big 5

BJ's Wholesale Club

Blain's Farm & Fleet

Burlington

Christmas Tree Shops

Costco

Crate & Barrel

Dillard's

GameStop

Guitar Center

H&M

Half Price Books

Harbor Freight Tools

Hobby Lobby

Home Depot

HomeGoods

IKEA

Jo-Ann Fabrics

J. Jill

Lowe's

Mall of America

Marshalls

Mattress Firm

Menards

Mills Fleet Farm

Neiman Marcus

Nordstrom

Nordstrom Rack

Northern Tools

P.C. Richard & Son

Patagonia

Pep Boys

Petco

PetSmart

Pier 1 Imports

Publix

REI

Sam's Club

Sam Ash

Sportman's Warehouse

Sierra Trading Post

Staples

Sur La Table

The Container Store

T.J. Maxx

True Value

Tractor Supply

Von Maur

• Like 5

Here is a list (so far) as to stores that will be closed on Thanksgiving day

A.C. Moore

AAFES

Ace Hardware

American Girl

AT&T

At Home

Babies "R" Us

Barnes & Noble

Bed Bath & Beyond

Big 5

BJ's Wholesale Club

Blain's Farm & Fleet

Burlington

Christmas Tree Shops

Costco

Crate & Barrel

Dillard's

GameStop

Guitar Center

H&M

Half Price Books

Harbor Freight Tools

Hobby Lobby

Home Depot

HomeGoods

IKEA

Jo-Ann Fabrics

J. Jill

Lowe's

Mall of America

Marshalls

Mattress Firm

Menards

Mills Fleet Farm

Neiman Marcus

Nordstrom

Nordstrom Rack

Northern Tools

P.C. Richard & Son

Patagonia

Pep Boys

Petco

PetSmart

Pier 1 Imports

Publix

REI

Sam's Club

Sam Ash

Sportman's Warehouse

Sierra Trading Post

Staples

Sur La Table

The Container Store

T.J. Maxx

True Value

Tractor Supply

Von Maur

That's awesome and I have to admit more than I thought would be on it. Now if we can get some BIG names on there it would be even better.

• Like 1

I would love to see it go back to Friday openings so all the workers could spend the holiday with family, too. I really enjoyed getting up in the middle of the night to go with my family to stand in line with some coffee waiting for the opening visiting with others in line. With the earlier openings there a lot more people crowding in the store, you had to be really committed to get up in the a.m. to go out in the dark and cold to wait in line so it really pared down the masses. We would go get breakfast afterwards because we would be done about 9a.m.

Last year we did 99% of our Black Friday shopping online, due to work schedules. It was nice spending the day with our family and then staying up waiting for the sales to go live. I really miss standing in line and waiting for a 5am opening. The stores were much less crowded then they are now.
  • Like 1

Good to see these stores listed. Sam's Club is one, maybe Walmart will follow suit...

Sam's has never opened on Thanksgiving, that I can recall, so this isn't something new for them...the fact that they're a membership store probably makes it easier for them. Edited by tyreejames
  • Like 1

The mall in my area will not be open on Thursday this year. It was on the news and the mall chain said they was going to do this at all of there malls.

I just read an article on one of the local malls here doing the same thing. I speculate more and more of them will do the same.

I wish there would be a more consistent start time.   I live in a small town and have to drive an hour to any large retailer.    I've had years I've wanted something at a store opening at 6pm Thursday and another at 6am Friday.   Am I supposed to sleep in my car??  There aren't enough places open overnight where I shop to keep me busy (not to mention warm and safe)!   

I wish it would go back to Friday but the real truth is it won't. There's only ne and my son now so we go out for dinner then go shopping. I guess that's my way of adapting to the way things are now.

We made beautiful memories last year and really, that's a large part of Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

I wish it would go back to Friday but the real truth is it won't. There's only ne and my son now so we go out for dinner then go shopping. I guess that's my way of adapting to the way things are now.

We made beautiful memories last year and really, that's a large part of Thanksgiving.

You did it as a family so that's what matters. How you chose to spend that time with those you care about doesn't matter. :)

• 2 weeks later...

When my mom first go divorced many many moons ago, it was just her and I the first year - I was in my late 20's - we ate at the only place open in -Denny's and shopped at the only place open - Walgreen's!  Fast forward over 25 years that is one Thanksgiving that I still remember clearly! You and your son are making new and fabulous memories !

I'll shop either day so it won't matter to me. I do some online and go pick up the same day either way. If there are those that don't want to go out on Thursday what does it matter, can't those folks just go out on Friday? I really don't see why there is an issue either way.