GD prize packs to be given away this year

Brad

Hey everyone,

So we're going to try something different for this year. Rather than give away and sell t-shirts, I'm going to make things a little easier on myself by giving away new GottaDEAL prize packs for our contests on the forum and Facebook this year.

These prize packs will have as assortment of never-before-seen GD swag including items we've never had before such as baseball caps, winter beanies and more. In fact I'm still ordering stuff to include so once I have everything here next month I'll post some pics.

In addition to the GD merch, I'm going to include a bunch of Amazon GCs in various denominations from $5 to $100 to randomly selected packs.

Yes, that means we won't be doing t-shirts this year (I can hear the boos from here). I fully plan to bring back shirts next year but I wanted to try this approach this year and see if it frees up some of my time to work on posting ads and deals. Dealing with t-shirt orders takes a lot of time and the only other option would be to sell them on a site like Teespring which would charge almost double what I normally do.

So since I'm still in the process of finding new items to add to the packs, please reply to this thread with ideas for what kinds of items you'd like to see included. I'm specifically looking for items that could be useful on Black Friday, so give me some ideas :)

• Like 8

Company I used to work for got a really good deal on Computer bags and backpacks that had their logo and stuff. I don't remember where they got the deal but I'm sure there are shops out there. They weren't like $200 Ogio Backpacks or Bags but they held up decent and I still use one for my daughter portable DVD player when we travel. Another company did these duffel bags, my wife loves the one I got lol.

• Like 1

something I always in the need of is gottadeal cards, I stand in line all day would be nice to hand something out to show people where to go to see the deals , I never have anything on me that has the website address or anything like that to give them

All these below freezing winter items makes me think Brad should start offering regional prize packs. What good are electric socks and ear warmers when it's only 50 degrees outside in AZ? ;)

I like the GD baseball cap and travel mug idea!

Hey you could get home and the air could be stuck on like 30 and you can't turn it off. Then you will be wishing you had those socks. :)

• Like 1

The winter hats are a great idea, especially for here in Missouri! Also the reusable shopping bags would be awesome! A notepad would be handy for making and checking off lists. I'd love a lanyard and/or keychain too. I'm sad that t-shirts won't be for sale but I can see how managing all the Black Friday stuff could be difficult. Prize packs will be fun!
  • Like 2

Lots of great ideas.  I don't know that I could add anything to them.  I just want to offer up that I order all of our promo items at my office, and I use a company called 4imprint.  Their customer service is awesome, and I've never had a problem with any of the products I've ordered.  Honestly, I don't know how they compare to others in price these days because I've been using them for years.  Shipping is a little high, that's my only complaint with them.  Use code B1230 for 10% off. I've used that code on my last several orders, so as far as I know it does not expire.  I know you get a lot of stuff printed, so you already know what's out there, just thought this info might help a little.   The link to their website is:  https://www.4imprint.com/

I really like the fanny pack idea. I use one every BF, purses are too easy to snag on something or to lose. Water bottle or travel cup would be nice too. I use the reusable shopping bags when I can't get a cart or get to our cart person.

Flashlights?  I like the sticker idea.  Maybe just a round logo we could put on our back windows, or something with one of those square scanable things (technical term...I forgot what they are called).  Perhaps maybe even a logo on a stun gun...you know...for those fights..lol