Refurbished Apple

sdn40

Against my anti - Apple beliefs, I may be looking for an ipad for my daughter. In school internet seems to only be Apple friendly for some reason.

I'm all about original refurbished if I can do it, and there are many available currently on Apples website.

Question is, will the availability of these items be more and more scarce as xmas draws near ?

I'm kind of thinking they will be gobbled up and be hard to get once December hits.

Am I right ?

The stock on Apples site for refurbs constantly changes with those being sold and new stuff coming in. Honestly if you see one you want and have the funds available may as well just grab it. Apple isn't real generous when it comes to lowering prices for the holidays lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Apple refurbished generally doesn't go on sale unless there is a major excess in inventory... that being said.... Apple refurbished is generally just as good as new if not better than new. They cosmetically are indistinguishable from new... but you can bet that whatever problem the device has previously has been looked at with human eyes and fixed. Not massed produced on an assembly line like new devices.

Edited by EliteABombAZ

Most "refurbished" products are actually very little used, if used at all.  They are mostly immediate returns by people who changed their minds, but once they have been in a customer's hands (even still in the box), they are typically moved to the refurbished category.   I have bought a number of refurbished products, including a Samsung phone direct from Verizon, and never had a problem with any of them, and saved quite a bit of money.

Edited by mcwalker