Secret Santa 2016 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

Well given that, I'm guessing my apartment office is holding a package hostage that I haven't been told is there. Typical. I'll check tomorrow.

Don't be too hard on them. It looks like it was just delivered yesterday. :)

Sorry for the delay in posting.   Mom received her box on Tuesday.  And of course she opened it IMMEDIATELY.  (Her philosophy since her 80th birthday has been "Hey, I could be dead tomorrow!  I'm opening it NOW!")  Unfortunately, she had everything open and has everything placed where she wants it to be placed - before I could get over there with my camera!

Her very first words were  "Candy!  I got Candy!  Lots and lots of Candy!  All my favorites!  How did she know??....(pause)...Don't buy me any candy for Christmas.  I have enough right now."  (Oh well,  I guess her Christmas candy from me just became New Year's candy.)

Mom is thrilled with everything and says "Thank you to my Secret Santa!  She sure is a good shopper!  I love everything!  Happy happy Eva!"

Mom's Secret Santa was very generous and I am in shock and very appreciative of her (or his) thoughtfulness!   (Mom would have been thrilled with just the candy!  But you literally got her everything on her Christmas list!)

Mom received:  1 can of Almond Roca, 

1 bag of Linder Dark Chocolate truffles,

a big bag of assorted Christmas candies  (Which included a large Dove dark chocolate bar.   Mom did share with me the peanut butter cups  -- she doesn't like those.  But the rest of the Christmas candies I've been told to "keep my paws out of there because those are hers".)

3 - 3 kcup boxes of Gevalia coffee.  (Oh boy did that make her happy!  New coffee to try!  --  But *I* am going to have to have a word with you secret santa, if Gevalia becomes mom's new go to brand.....)

1 coloring book with colored pencils -- the pictures are all "Ugly Christmas Sweaters".   (Could not have picked better!  Mom loves holiday sweaters!)

1 "Happy Holidays" Santa pin with a long white beard.   (Mom loved this - she wore it Friday to her Sr. Apartment complex's Christmas party.)

1 Red light weight Christmas shirt that sports glittery white snow flakes, Christmas trees, two penguins and a large heart in the center.  (Mom plans on wearing that to the Senor Center this week.  Light weight is perfect as mom will wear a sweater or sweater vest over it.

Thank you again from both of us for mom's lovely gifts.  She has been talking about them all week and says she just can't believe what a wonderful job you did shopping and how thoughtful you were.

• Like 5

I received my box on Wednesday.  Thank you to my Secret Santa!!   I did take a picture, but I will have to post it later. 

All my gifts were holiday themed.  I received a new oven mitt and kitchen towel  (I was just thinking at Thanksgiving that I really needed new oven mitts.  and Voila!!  Just in time for making Christmas Cookies this week!  Yay! a Christmas oven mitt - which I will most likely be using all year because I am throwing the one with hole it in out!)   I also received a cute glittery penguin ornament, and a small Christmas greeting wall hanging.   And a small bottle of hand sanitizer,  hand lotion  (orange-grapefruit-sugar plum combo scent.  Smells nice. The scent lasts a long time too.)  and a small soft plastic Christmas ornament filled with bubble bath.  (This one was funny,  it was frozen rock solid when it arrived.  The color changed as it thawed too.)

Thank you again to my Secret Santa for the thoughtful gifts!  (I will post a picture soon!)

• Like 3

Don't be too hard on them. It looks like it was just delivered yesterday. :)

It's a long-running battle. They want us to pick up our packages in a timely manner but we rarely know (unless we ordered it) when things get delivered, though they're supposed to notify us. smh Oh the irony... lol

In any event, I did stop in at the office yesterday and, sure enough, there was a package there! I'm waiting to open till Christmas. :-) Thank you, SS!

Edited by wittenlover
  • Like 1

As promised...here is a picture of my Secret Santa gifts....including the frozen bubble bath (which I had a lot of fun with until it was melted.)    Thank you again to my secret santa!   Everything is wonderful!   I will be using my new oven mitt today as today is CHRISTMAS COOKIE day!

http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p703/Reinholt1/000_0040_zpski6vai4s.jpg
Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 1

I am sorry for the delay in notifying arrival. I received the most awsomest gifts. They came on a perfect day when I needed to be reminded of the love of others.

I can't at this moment post pictures but I absolutely adored each and every gift I received. Thank you so much Secret Santa!!!

Merry Christmas!  Thank you all for a successful and fun Secret Santa Season.  There were just a few (3 to be exact) that didn't let us know they received, but they didn't let us know they didn't either, so I'm assuming they did. There were a couple moments in there that I was panicking a little, because I didn't know what to expect, but every single one of you came through and not a single elf was called upon.  I will turn the reins back over to the Chief Elf and the accounting firm of ShiShi, ShiShi and ShiShi for next year, but I will always be willing to step in and help out if I ever need to.

Here are the lists:

Secret Santa

Bethed---------------------à gatorburg

Nafcmf---------------------àprincez916

Hillybillyswife--------------àcjdav

Cjdav ------------------------àmomlori

Racerfan --------------------àilikefree

Lainieb ----------------------àmcape11111

Queenkishaa ---------------àillinoismom

Hanshotfirst ----------------àmegara211

Onemill ----------------------àhillybillyswife

Ilikefree ----------------------àwillandmel

Spice9195 -------------------àmsyves

Bopeep ----------------------àracerfan

Wittenlover -----------------àtracy0504

Jendeere ---------------------ànafcmf

Mcape14444 ----------------àbudgetsrsexy

Msyves-----------------------àytmomof4

Gatorburg -------------------àtara3117

Katyloveshockey -----------àspice9195

Tracy0504--------------------àbopeep

Reinholt1smom ------------à Jesusluvu

Princez916 -------------------àvern28

Illinoismom ------------------àlainieb

Momlori ----------------------à jendeere

Vern28-------------------------àqueenkishaa

Ytmomof4---------------------àreinholt1

Willandmel -------------------à reinholt1smom

Budgetsrsexy -----------------à katyloveshockey

Reinholt1 ----------------------àbethed

Jesusluvu ----------------------à wittenlover

Tara3117 ----------------------àonemill

Megara211 -------------------à hanshotfirst

Ornament Exchange

nafcmf-----------------------àracerfan

mandy4matt---------------àjendeere

JesusLuvU-------------------àbethed

Bopeep----------------------àBFAddict716

Bethed----------------------àWillandmel

Vern28----------------------ànafcmf

Spice9195------------------àMegara211

Onemill---------------------àBopeep

Racerfan--------------------àSpice9195

Willandmel-----------------àMandy4Matt

Megara211-----------------àJesusLuvU

Mcap14444-----------------àVern28

HillyBillysWife--------------àOneMil

BFAddict716----------------àMcape14444

Jendeere---------------------àHillybillysWife

Edited by Bopeep
  • Like 1

Reinholt1smom and Megara211 -   THANK YOU BOTH. I really loved everything that you gave. MY DD would not let me put the ornaments on the tree she thinks there HERS and I am to old to play with them :gdclap: and I am a few chapters into my wonderful book and oldest DD's are loving it as well.

Yes!  A big thanks to BoPeep for all her hard work!     :gdclap:

JesusLuvU --  You are very welcome!  Glad you are enjoying the book!  It is a good one!

WillandMel --  Thank you once again!  Mom loved everything!  The candy was all gone by Christmas morning.  (Yes she ate all that almond rocha and the linder.)  And she has been wearing that fuzzy bread santa pin practically every day.  She has worn her new holiday shirt to 2 events now too.

Ytmomof4 -- Thank you once again as well!  I put the oven mitt to good use making cookies last week!  A friend of mine stopped my with her 14 year old autistic daughter.  She immediately was drawn to the penguin ornament and the bubble bath ornament.  So what could I say?  LOL  They have a new home and are making a special needs child very happy.  Which makes me happy.

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 2