Official Black Friday SMARTPHONES Discussion Thread

Brad

just curious does anyone know about the att go phone that is in the ad for $49?It is the huawei ascend xt.Im not looking into adding another phone on my payment plan right now.

Also what about the straighttalk samsung sky?Can that phone be used with att service?

I'm curious about the go phone as well. The reviews look good. What I'm wondering is how atts prepaid works. Will we have to sign up then or just buy a card? Can it be done online instead of buying a card in store?

With a go phone you activate it whenever

The reviews do look good I was hoping maybe someone on here had personal experience with it.

I'm actually have regular service with att but you can use a go phone on a contract plan

I got the S7 Edge at Sam's on Saturday.  The $250 gift card will pay for gas for a long time for me.  I had an S3 on it's last legs.  I then saw the Target ad where they have the $250 card the VR glasses and some other package.  

I paid for the taxes on the phone.  The activation fee of $20 was waived.  So far, I like the phone.

I got the S7 Edge at Sam's on Saturday.  The $250 gift card will pay for gas for a long time for me.  I had an S3 on it's last legs.  I then saw the Target ad where they have the $250 card the VR glasses and some other package.  

I paid for the taxes on the phone.  The activation fee of $20 was waived.  So far, I like the phone.

Awesome phone!!!  Great deal.

• Like 1

I got the S7 Edge at Sam's on Saturday. The $250 gift card will pay for gas for a long time for me. I had an S3 on it's last legs. I then saw the Target ad where they have the $250 card the VR glasses and some other package.

I paid for the taxes on the phone. The activation fee of $20 was waived. So far, I like the phone.

I have the S7 edge. Got it on release. LOVE IT!! Only problem is I can get the Otterbox Defender or full cover Lifeproof for it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using GottaDeal mobile app

Best Buy started today with additional $200 gift card for trading in any working smartphone.Ive been with sprint for a long time si I also get a $10 month service credit off each phone financed.Paid for tax and walked out with $900 worth of gift cards for 2 S7s.

I didn't see this question.

We have phones through Sprint on the lease (iphone forever) program.  My son wants the i-Phone 7 and since it is a decent jump in monthly lease costs he is asking for us to just get it for him for Christmas. I am wondering - how does the phone return work if we do the upgrade through Target?  

I am asking because recently I upgraded to the IPhone 7plus through a Sprint Lifestyles store in my area. I received my phone and left my old iphone 6s at the store with the employee after we wiped it clean. Then a month later I receive a bill for $200 from Sprint due to "non-return" of phone. After spending almost a day on the phone and talking to 3 different Sprint reps we finally determined that the 6s was still sitting at that store and hadn't been returned to the Sprint warehouse. This was a nightmare to figure out and I do not want to go through that again. Does anyone know what you do with your leased phone that you are replacing?

TIA

Best Buy started today with additional $200 gift card for trading in any working smartphone.Ive been with sprint for a long time si I also get a $10 month service credit off each phone financed.Paid for tax and walked out with $900 worth of gift cards for 2 S7s.

Do you know if this is still going on for the trade-in? Plus, did you also get a $250 gift card for best buy? I can't find it online. Thanks!

Sent from my LGLS990 using GottaDeal mobile app

We did the deal at Best Buy on Saturday and I dug our old Samsung 3 phones out of the junk drawer (as we want to keep our Samsung 5 phones for back up).  I had to use a charger at the Best Buy counter since they hadn't been charged in a couple years.  My husbands powered up just fine but mine was completely dead.  What I was able to do was purchase the cheapest prepaid smartphone I could find on the shelf (i don't remember the brand but it was on sale for $17.99) and I was able to use that as my working trade in for the 2nd $200 gift card.

Question; if I'm understanding it correctly, with Best Buy you have to pay full retail of $672 on an installment agreement to get the gift cards and if you go through Verizon on Friday you can get the phone for $10mo for 24 months so the price would be $240. Would that make them about the same price after discounts and gift cards but with Verizon you get the cheaper price and with Best Buy you pay more for the phone but get the gift cards? Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

Do you know if this is still going on for the trade-in? Plus, did you also get a $250 gift card for best buy? I can't find it online. Thanks!

Sent from my LGLS990 using GottaDeal mobile app

It is going on till end of business tonight.

The trade in is still good, just make sure the phone you are trading in has some sort of value on their trade-in website as that is the catch

And yes if you are doing the installment billing, you are getting the 250 dollar gift card. So in essence, its almost double the Black Friday deal on S7 and S7 edge at Best Buy if you go tonight.

Awesome phone!!! Great deal.

Good to know, I am getting the s7 edge today at Best Buy. I know Target added in an oculus package as well but I know nothing about it so the free VR glasses was what sold me on getting it today. I could have gotten the gift card a few days ago still but the VR glasses are through samsung with a valid receipt from 24 probably til about 26th.

It is going on till end of business tonight.

The trade in is still good, just make sure the phone you are trading in has some sort of value on their trade-in website as that is the catch

And yes if you are doing the installment billing, you are getting the 250 dollar gift card. So in essence, its almost double the Black Friday deal on S7 and S7 edge at Best Buy if you go tonight.

Truth is its like trading on your car at a dealership. You get about half what you could for it on Ebay. I have the s5 and the trade in is about $50. On Ebay they have the s5 for parts only with no chargers for about $70.