Black Friday Live 2016? [bigjimslade update post #51]

dadegr01

One reason for the demise of a few sites as a relevant Black Friday sites is the fact that they are driven both by giant egos of the posters and the need for the site to directly glean profit from every click or share, so much so that they no longer try to hide it. This forum is well run, administered/moderated and is one of the last few sites that actually has both pleasant and helpful postings without all of the hateful tear-downs.

• Like 5

Update. I spent the last Sunday getting the majority of my Black Friday camping gear organized and cleaned out the barn in the process. I am going to devote some time to helping the wife with her transition to her new office tomorrow, leaving me free to pursue the live show, whether sanctioned or not (hopefully with support). I will try out a few different approaches including livestream,  Ustream, youtube, or even periscope. Please chime in with your favorite and topics of discussion and i would love to do a test run with a few of you here this week.

• Like 2

Thank you jaymacfla for offering to do the webcasts. It is nice to hear and see what others are looking for in the ads as they come out. For me it is also a good way to see what I missed scanning through the ads.

As far as platform, I think YouTube Live is the way to go. Most everyone is familiar with it, you can insert the links where you want and for those of us who end of missing part or the whole livecast can easily go back and watch it.

31 days and counting.

Update. I spent the last Sunday getting the majority of my Black Friday camping gear organized and cleaned out the barn in the process. I am going to devote some time to helping the wife with her transition to her new office tomorrow, leaving me free to pursue the live show, whether sanctioned or not (hopefully with support). I will try out a few different approaches including livestream,  Ustream, youtube, or even periscope. Please chime in with your favorite and topics of discussion and i would love to do a test run with a few of you here this week.

• Like 1

Hello Everyone!

I just logged onto GD a few days ago and saw this great thread about the webcast.  You and Brad have been very supportive of me and the webcast so I thought I would write this post and explain my situation.

The last 12 months has had its ups and downs.  As I said in the last webcast when Black Friday season started last year the relationship and engagement I was in ended mid-summer of 2015.  I really did not get over it until recently when a small army of Indian aunties and uncles gave me a lot of great advice on the situation.  Other things that have happened is my business (Selig Polyscope Co) is growing and has gotten into digital projection.  Other things have happened like my good friend being ran over and killed at a film festival. 

The big situation that is holding me back is both of my parents fell ill and were in the hospital over the last few months.  My dad has cancer surgery and had some setbacks.  He is expected to recover fully but it will take some time.  My mom had some neurological issues and had to be in the hospital as well.  Both are living with me since they are fall prone.  With taking care of them and working I just cant put the 1000% time into a weekly webcast.  It takes about 10 hours a week to prepare for one.  This includes reading the message boards, studying the ads, reading the news wires, reading other BF sites and such.    

If someone wants to take up the webcasts please do so and support them 10000% like you have done for me.  I am not done with BF and will be back next year.  I may do one big webcast in Nov if no one else picks up the torch.

Thank you for the kind posts on here and the kind Facebook messages that some of you have sent.

Dev

• Like 13

Hello Everyone!

I just logged onto GD a few days ago and saw this great thread about the webcast. You and Brad have been very supportive of me and the webcast so I thought I would write this post and explain my situation.

The last 12 months has had its ups and downs. As I said in the last webcast when Black Friday season started last year the relationship and engagement I was in ended mid-summer of 2015. I really did not get over it until recently when a small army of Indian aunties and uncles gave me a lot of great advice on the situation. Other things that have happened is my business (Selig Polyscope Co) is growing and has gotten into digital projection. Other things have happened like my good friend being ran over and killed at a film festival.

The big situation that is holding me back is both of my parents fell ill and were in the hospital over the last few months. My dad has cancer surgery and had some setbacks. He is expected to recover fully but it will take some time. My mom had some neurological issues and had to be in the hospital as well. Both are living with me since they are fall prone. With taking care of them and working I just cant put the 1000% time into a weekly webcast. It takes about 10 hours a week to prepare for one. This includes reading the message boards, studying the ads, reading the news wires, reading other BF sites and such.

If someone wants to take up the webcasts please do so and support them 10000% like you have done for me. I am not done with BF and will be back next year. I may do one big webcast in Nov if no one else picks up the torch.

Thank you for the kind posts on here and the kind Facebook messages that some of you have sent.

Dev

BJS prayers for your parents. They will get better, it is just a bump for now.

We are all here for you. ((Hugs))

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using GottaDeal mobile app

Hello Everyone!

I just logged onto GD a few days ago and saw this great thread about the webcast.  You and Brad have been very supportive of me and the webcast so I thought I would write this post and explain my situation.

The last 12 months has had its ups and downs.  As I said in the last webcast when Black Friday season started last year the relationship and engagement I was in ended mid-summer of 2015.  I really did not get over it until recently when a small army of Indian aunties and uncles gave me a lot of great advice on the situation.  Other things that have happened is my business (Selig Polyscope Co) is growing and has gotten into digital projection.  Other things have happened like my good friend being ran over and killed at a film festival. 

The big situation that is holding me back is both of my parents fell ill and were in the hospital over the last few months.  My dad has cancer surgery and had some setbacks.  He is expected to recover fully but it will take some time.  My mom had some neurological issues and had to be in the hospital as well.  Both are living with me since they are fall prone.  With taking care of them and working I just cant put the 1000% time into a weekly webcast.  It takes about 10 hours a week to prepare for one.  This includes reading the message boards, studying the ads, reading the news wires, reading other BF sites and such.    

If someone wants to take up the webcasts please do so and support them 10000% like you have done for me.  I am not done with BF and will be back next year.  I may do one big webcast in Nov if no one else picks up the torch.

Dev

So glad you checked in Dev.  You take care of you and yours, and know we're all behind you.