Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Black Friday Live 2016? [bigjimslade update post #51]

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 bribri25  OFFLINE  

bribri25

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 20, 2016 - 5:49 am

How could anyone object to that??

#32 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

President, Black Friday Vacationers

• 1,468 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 20, 2016 - 7:24 am

Hey, we have the best people here. All of the other sites are ruled by rude or arrogant people. That is why you do not see any effort for a show anywhere else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using GottaDeal mobile app

#33 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 1,598 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 20, 2016 - 8:32 am

It's a good community here. Which is why I hang out all year long looking for deals.

#34 Peppermint  OFFLINE  

Peppermint

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Oct 20, 2016 - 2:18 pm

I enjoy the webcasts and listening to everyone's thoughts!

#35 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

• 1,468 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 21, 2016 - 6:35 am

One reason for the demise of a few sites as a relevant Black Friday sites is the fact that they are driven both by giant egos of the posters and the need for the site to directly glean profit from every click or share, so much so that they no longer try to hide it. This forum is well run, administered/moderated and is one of the last few sites that actually has both pleasant and helpful postings without all of the hateful tear-downs.

#36 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

• 1,468 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 24, 2016 - 4:56 pm

Update. I spent the last Sunday getting the majority of my Black Friday camping gear organized and cleaned out the barn in the process. I am going to devote some time to helping the wife with her transition to her new office tomorrow, leaving me free to pursue the live show, whether sanctioned or not (hopefully with support). I will try out a few different approaches including livestream,  Ustream, youtube, or even periscope. Please chime in with your favorite and topics of discussion and i would love to do a test run with a few of you here this week.

#37 howpomp  OFFLINE  

howpomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 25, 2016 - 4:30 am

Thank you jaymacfla for offering to do the webcasts. It is nice to hear and see what others are looking for in the ads as they come out. For me it is also a good way to see what I missed scanning through the ads.

As far as platform, I think YouTube Live is the way to go. Most everyone is familiar with it, you can insert the links where you want and for those of us who end of missing part or the whole livecast can easily go back and watch it.

31 days and counting.

Update. I spent the last Sunday getting the majority of my Black Friday camping gear organized and cleaned out the barn in the process. I am going to devote some time to helping the wife with her transition to her new office tomorrow, leaving me free to pursue the live show, whether sanctioned or not (hopefully with support). I will try out a few different approaches including livestream,  Ustream, youtube, or even periscope. Please chime in with your favorite and topics of discussion and i would love to do a test run with a few of you here this week.

#38 riven3d  OFFLINE  

riven3d

• 2,061 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 25, 2016 - 8:20 am

No way no how for YouTube we tried them one year and the delay was well over 4 minutes

#39 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

• 1,468 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 25, 2016 - 4:54 pm

I do remember that we went between Ustream and Livestream.

#40 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

• 1,468 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 26, 2016 - 3:11 pm

I am testing out a facebook live feed at this moment.

Edited by jaymacfla, Oct 26, 2016 - 3:22 pm.

#41 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

• 1,468 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 26, 2016 - 3:19 pm

https://www.facebook...tioners/videos/

Edited by jaymacfla, Oct 26, 2016 - 3:21 pm.

#42 Illinoismom  OFFLINE  

Illinoismom

sometimes you have to let go

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,715 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 26, 2016 - 4:23 pm

My opinion which isn't important, Ive watched a lot of face book live and it moves way to fast to see comments or answers 

#43 zim05  OFFLINE  

zim05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Oct 27, 2016 - 8:21 am

My opinion which isn't important, Ive watched a lot of face book live and it moves way to fast to see comments or answers 

I agree with you! 

#44 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

• 1,468 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 27, 2016 - 10:48 pm

All feedback is important! I did not like it either since the response feed was not all that great. I had to load separate software with OBS just to try it out.

#45 bribri25  OFFLINE  

bribri25

• 1,541 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 28, 2016 - 9:14 am

How about something like Goto Meeting or Webex?

#46 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

• 1,468 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 29, 2016 - 1:55 pm

Is anyone ready for a Ustream test event to help me out tonight?

#47 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

• 1,468 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 29, 2016 - 2:20 pm

http://LIVE NOW at h...d check it out!

#48 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

• 1,468 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 29, 2016 - 2:24 pm

Live now at link for test on USTREAM

#49 bribri25  OFFLINE  

bribri25

• 1,541 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 29, 2016 - 8:51 pm

Sorry I missed it. Hope things went well.

#50 Peppermint  OFFLINE  

Peppermint

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Oct 30, 2016 - 4:43 am

I missed it too ☹️️

#51 bigjimslade  OFFLINE  

bigjimslade

• 4,285 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 30, 2016 - 9:46 am

Hello Everyone!

I just logged onto GD a few days ago and saw this great thread about the webcast.  You and Brad have been very supportive of me and the webcast so I thought I would write this post and explain my situation.

The last 12 months has had its ups and downs.  As I said in the last webcast when Black Friday season started last year the relationship and engagement I was in ended mid-summer of 2015.  I really did not get over it until recently when a small army of Indian aunties and uncles gave me a lot of great advice on the situation.  Other things that have happened is my business (Selig Polyscope Co) is growing and has gotten into digital projection.  Other things have happened like my good friend being ran over and killed at a film festival. 

The big situation that is holding me back is both of my parents fell ill and were in the hospital over the last few months.  My dad has cancer surgery and had some setbacks.  He is expected to recover fully but it will take some time.  My mom had some neurological issues and had to be in the hospital as well.  Both are living with me since they are fall prone.  With taking care of them and working I just cant put the 1000% time into a weekly webcast.  It takes about 10 hours a week to prepare for one.  This includes reading the message boards, studying the ads, reading the news wires, reading other BF sites and such.    

If someone wants to take up the webcasts please do so and support them 10000% like you have done for me.  I am not done with BF and will be back next year.  I may do one big webcast in Nov if no one else picks up the torch.

Thank you for the kind posts on here and the kind Facebook messages that some of you have sent.

Dev

#52 racerfan  OFFLINE  

racerfan

• 3,880 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 30, 2016 - 11:30 am

Hello Everyone!

I just logged onto GD a few days ago and saw this great thread about the webcast. You and Brad have been very supportive of me and the webcast so I thought I would write this post and explain my situation.

The last 12 months has had its ups and downs. As I said in the last webcast when Black Friday season started last year the relationship and engagement I was in ended mid-summer of 2015. I really did not get over it until recently when a small army of Indian aunties and uncles gave me a lot of great advice on the situation. Other things that have happened is my business (Selig Polyscope Co) is growing and has gotten into digital projection. Other things have happened like my good friend being ran over and killed at a film festival.

The big situation that is holding me back is both of my parents fell ill and were in the hospital over the last few months. My dad has cancer surgery and had some setbacks. He is expected to recover fully but it will take some time. My mom had some neurological issues and had to be in the hospital as well. Both are living with me since they are fall prone. With taking care of them and working I just cant put the 1000% time into a weekly webcast. It takes about 10 hours a week to prepare for one. This includes reading the message boards, studying the ads, reading the news wires, reading other BF sites and such.

If someone wants to take up the webcasts please do so and support them 10000% like you have done for me. I am not done with BF and will be back next year. I may do one big webcast in Nov if no one else picks up the torch.
Thank you for the kind posts on here and the kind Facebook messages that some of you have sent.

Dev

BJS prayers for your parents. They will get better, it is just a bump for now.

We are all here for you. ((Hugs))

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using GottaDeal mobile app

#53 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 30, 2016 - 12:11 pm

Hello Everyone!

I just logged onto GD a few days ago and saw this great thread about the webcast.  You and Brad have been very supportive of me and the webcast so I thought I would write this post and explain my situation.

The last 12 months has had its ups and downs.  As I said in the last webcast when Black Friday season started last year the relationship and engagement I was in ended mid-summer of 2015.  I really did not get over it until recently when a small army of Indian aunties and uncles gave me a lot of great advice on the situation.  Other things that have happened is my business (Selig Polyscope Co) is growing and has gotten into digital projection.  Other things have happened like my good friend being ran over and killed at a film festival. 

The big situation that is holding me back is both of my parents fell ill and were in the hospital over the last few months.  My dad has cancer surgery and had some setbacks.  He is expected to recover fully but it will take some time.  My mom had some neurological issues and had to be in the hospital as well.  Both are living with me since they are fall prone.  With taking care of them and working I just cant put the 1000% time into a weekly webcast.  It takes about 10 hours a week to prepare for one.  This includes reading the message boards, studying the ads, reading the news wires, reading other BF sites and such.    

If someone wants to take up the webcasts please do so and support them 10000% like you have done for me.  I am not done with BF and will be back next year.  I may do one big webcast in Nov if no one else picks up the torch.

Dev

So glad you checked in Dev.  You take care of you and yours, and know we're all behind you.

#54 Peppermint  OFFLINE  

Peppermint

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Oct 30, 2016 - 3:39 pm

Good to hear from you BJS. Know that your BFLive family is thinking of you. We'll be here when you're ready!

#55 diana03  OFFLINE  

diana03

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 30, 2016 - 6:02 pm

Prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family Dev   

#56 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,818 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 30, 2016 - 6:30 pm

Hugs to you Dev (BigJimSlade)!

#57 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

To the Batmobile...for savings

• 1,905 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 30, 2016 - 8:23 pm

Good to hear from you Dev. We all go through tough times but sometimes we forget others do too (like our friends). Our prayers are with you and your family for a speedy recovery.
~Don't get cancelled!
~Quickly Robin!! To the Batmobile... for savings! :usaribbon:usflag:

'It's not a lie, if you believe it':tongue1:

#58 bribri25  OFFLINE  

bribri25

• 1,541 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Oct 30, 2016 - 10:03 pm

Glad to hear from you, BJS

#59 j2wice  OFFLINE  

j2wice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 31, 2016 - 6:31 am

Thoughts and prayers for you BJS and your family.

#60 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 1,598 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 31, 2016 - 6:58 am

Stay positive BJS, you need to take care of the important people and things in your life and we will all take care of the things here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users