Best tablet or laptop for someone that draws

julz0420

My daughter (12) draws, she's really good but she draws on the laptop and she is really really good at that. Right now she's using the finger pad and button to do it and I cant even imagine how much better she will be if she had the right tools.

What is the best laptop or drawing pad (tablet) or combo? Trying to stay around 500 but if its a combo deal I would be ok with 700.

She would use it (if its a laptop) to watch youtube and stuff also but drawing would be the main focus.

Edited by julz0420

To be honest if she is really into drawing I would suggest a Wacom tablet (it's not a tablet like in the aspect of Android/iPad sense). These are some of the tools that pro's use (I used one back when I did game design/creation). They are great product. I know they also make a screen that you can work on (sort of a tablet/screen all in one) but I think they tend to get pretty expensive. The nice thing about the tablet is that you can hook it to any PC/Mac you have or you could buy her a laptop just for it sort of a package. Here is a link to their medium sized one: https://us-store.wacom.com/Catalog/Pen-Tablets/Intuos/Intuos-Art-Medium-S01

Yep! Manga studio, or clip studio (same program, slightly different features) work great with tablets.

I'd suggest Krita.org as it's free and as good as painter/clip studio.

Might as well download the following as well;

Gimp.org

Inkscape.org

Scribus.org

As well. They can put out their own books for free except hardware. :)

Thanks for the help!!!

We looked at both the Huion and the Wacom and decided since she is 12 the Huion 1060 plus would be best for now. Plus we got the Manga studio 5. We are going to get her a new laptop too and that'll take care of her Santa gift :)

• Like 1