Who's already started their shopping?

Peppermint

I've only bought those things that were clearanced out and I know I couldn't get cheaper. I'm going back through last years BF ads to see if any of the items that I want this year were in them. Especially electronics since it always seems to be a staple item.
  • Like 1

I've done about 30% of my shopping, I hit the Target toy sale for the grandkids, and also got a few Kindles on prime day. DD13 wants to redo her room so I have been using the 10 off 10 and 10 off 25 at JC Pennys and found an oops paint color she wanted at Walmart. Like the rest mostly clearance or deals I don't think I'll beat.

I've done some shopping so far. Our WM clearanced off a bunch of the My Life As... Sets and all my nieces love those, $30 playset for $13. And they clearanced off tons of the Marvel Avengers action figures for half off so my nephew is set for bday and Christmas. Best buy of all though was at Kmart's store closing sale. $300 necklace for $35, and i got $15 in points for buying it so it was like spending 20!

Trying to wait on the rest for BF, if I can go. DH doesn't like the thought of me going out 6months pregnant!

• Like 1

I just hosted an Usborne books party and I think I'm going to wait for Christmas to give DS1 some of his books. Other than that, only the things I bought last Christmas on clearance, like an huge teddy bear for my nephew.

I'm hoping I can convince DH's siblings to just to do kids' gifts and then the adults go out and do something fun instead of giving each other gifts. It would make life so much easier for everyone.

• Like 1

So far I only have flasks that are made to look like tampons for one of my sisters, but I have started my lists. Most of my relatives are hard to shop for, so I think of things months in advance and then rig the name picking raffle to my advantage. I'm planning on buying plasma lighters for the smokers in my family once I find a reliable product. 

I just bought my first stocking stuffer which I stumbled upon in the Target clearance section. My husband and I are opting to only do stockings for each other this year and shift our gift budget into our vacation fund going forward (we love to travel).  As for the rest of my family, they usually provide a list of wants in early November.  In theory this is great in that I don't have to struggle to come up with ideas, but at the same time means I can't try to catch bargains throughout the entire year.

Bought 3 pairs of wireless earbuds at Best Buy two weeks ago during their anniversary sale! Got them for my mother, sister and myself as that is the one thing we all 3 said we wouldn't mind having. I was so excited to find them at 50% off. Not sure we will wait for Christmas to have them though so I need backup plans.