Jump to content

Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.


how to load pics on computer

5 replies to this topic

#1 dealluvr  OFFLINE  



  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,389 Posts
  • Member since 2005
  • Location: moved back to michigan

Posted Jun 23, 2016 - 4:26 pm

i have a digital camera and used it on my old computer. i plugged into the tower. now i have this new computer and there is no tower to plug into.do i need a new camera  or maybe i just need another part to use with the new computer. i dont know where to plug the camera into. i dont have my iphone any longer so i have to use digital camera

i love my boys

#2 freesia39  OFFLINE  



  • 12,219 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jun 24, 2016 - 3:10 pm

So many questions:


1. What is your new computer? A laptop? Desktop?  All in one computer?  There is still a USB port somewhere to plug into.

2. Does the camera have a memory card that the pictures saved to?  If yes, you can take that card out and your new computer might have a slot for a SD card.


#3 dealluvr  OFFLINE  



  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,389 Posts
  • Member since 2005
  • Location: moved back to michigan

Posted Jun 25, 2016 - 1:43 am

wimdpws 10 desktop   not sure if the casmera has a memory card i always have plugged in on the tower

i love my boys

#4 Pnambic  OFFLINE  


    Can't re-Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jun 28, 2016 - 6:37 am

OK, can you take a picture of the old tower and your new camera and upload them here.... ;)  I kid.


We need details.  Stuff like the make and model of your old computer.  

I'm not able to visualize the "tower" you speak of.  Can you provide more info?  

Whats the make and model of the camera?

Da-shiang bad-tza shr duh lah doo-tze!

#5 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  



  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,759 Posts
  • Member since 2006
  • Location: The Mitten State

Posted Jun 28, 2016 - 11:16 am

What type of cable did you use to plug it into the old tower? Was is a USB cable? Since you no longer have a tower on the new computer I'm assuming you bought an all-in-one where the monitor and computer are in the same case. On top of what pnambic asked for do you have the make and model of the new machine also? If it's USB then you should most likely have an open USB port on the sides or back of the new monitor/computer or possibly also on the keyboard itself. You would plug that cable in there and then into the camera.


The more info you can provide the better that way someone here can look up specs on all parts involved.

#6 stevemathis  OFFLINE  



  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Jul 17, 2016 - 8:41 am

It's very easy. You just use the same USB port. It's the same on every computer. Plug in this port and look up on MyComputer, there you'll find your camera. The best thing is for you to play around with it to get a hang of it.

Reply to this topic


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users