Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Help support GottaDEAL and use these links when shopping online this week. For more stores, see our store directory.

Photo

wi fi printer

4 replies to this topic

#1 dealluvr  OFFLINE  

dealluvr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,378 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Feb 14, 2016 - 5:44 am

i just recently bought a new desktop computer, little did I know they have the tower in the monitor now.  I'm looking for a printer. if I buy a wi fi  wireless printer do I need to just plug it in and I have been told that the computer and printer will hook up automatically.  I just want to know what I have to do in case I get one

i love my boys

#2 laddhorn  OFFLINE  

laddhorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Feb 18, 2016 - 2:02 pm

Not sure who told you that they "hook up automatically".  They don't unless you physically plug them together using a USB cable (defeating the purpose of wireless printing).  Connecting wirelessly is much more involved.

For the Wifi printer to work, you must have a network running at your home.  How is your desktop computer getting to the internet?  Do you have a wireless router (can be from your internet provider)?  Tell us more about how you are set up.

#3 hpowers  OFFLINE  

hpowers

• 3,876 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Feb 18, 2016 - 7:16 pm

They are making them easier theses days. I picked one up for a friend while staying in a vacation rental. I was able to set it up without any cables, completely wireless. The little screen on the front let me put the wifi passcode in. My phone recognized it and printing was a breeze. I think it was a Brother from Walmart, under $50.

#4 dealluvr  OFFLINE  

dealluvr

• 7,378 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Mar 1, 2016 - 11:15 pm

thanks

i love my boys

#5 stevemathis  OFFLINE  

stevemathis

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Jul 17, 2016 - 8:45 am

They are making them easier theses days. I picked one up for a friend while staying in a vacation rental. I was able to set it up without any cables, completely wireless. The little screen on the front let me put the wifi passcode in. My phone recognized it and printing was a breeze. I think it was a Brother from Walmart, under $50.

All these new devices are usually user friendly. Follow the instructions and you can't miss

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users