Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2016

txsupermom

• 2 weeks later...
Old Spice swagger antiperspirant/deodorant two packs today for $3.98. I was able to get hey Remington electric shaver at $40 half price for a friend of mine today. They also had several Norelco brand ones similarly priced. They were marking down a bunch of stuff and baby. Mostly large furniture and that kind of stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Vday was 50/70 today.

Found linens for 70% off.  Sheet sets, comforters sets, etc.  Bathroom rugs 50%.

Lots of miscellaneous electronics on clearance.  30%-50%.

Some toys 70%.  Talking Yoda originally over $140 now around $50.  Also saw Monster Jams trucks with a skeleton looking think sticking out the top for 70%.

Charman toilet paper (located in the stock up section) must have been marked down.  Saw a woman leaving an empty pallet with a cart overflowing with Charman toilet paper.  Saw the red stickers but have no idea how much they were marked down. 

All winter stuff (ice melting chemicals, snow shovels, windshield scrapers/brushes) all 70% off.  Mild winter here but still picked up a snow shovel for $3 and change.  16 years here in North DFW and this is my first winter without snow.  Figure a pretty safe investment.

Valentine's seems to have gone to 90/70 on Saturday. I was able to pick up some cards with pencils or erasers, boxes of stickers for kids bday treat bags, Some foam craft things.a men's sriracha pj, some girls tops Olaf and pink minnie tees, men's tees grey "you stole a pizza my heart", red "do you have a bae or no" and pink "I'm a stud muffin looking for my cupcake", some cupcake liners and a pack of cookie cutters

Target I visited yesterday was 90/70, and they also threw in a ton of the Star Wars stuff from the dollar section.

I got a couple calendars, a few wall signs and 2 journals but didn't see anything else. I got the valentine sticker boxes (Nina turtles, avengers, star wars) and face mask cards(Nina turtles and avengers) thinking of birthday treat bags. I think walgreens had avengers pencil+card packs.

And an insulated star wars cup from Zak very awesome for .30 also got a hello kitty beanie for the same i think.

Edited by tinkrbel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is just an LA 25 thing or if all stores are seeing it, but they are keeping more of the clearance in the home location where it was at full price rather than moving it to end caps. I was at a store yesterday and over heard a conversation with a department manager and the main store manager discussing the fact that this is a new directive. Not that there won't be some consolidation on end caps, but that they are to leave clearance in place where possible. So, you will have to look a little harder for it.

It might be an LA 25 thing. They are doing some experimentation with 25 LA stores to see if some new ideas work. They are doing pretty major remodels and changing the look and feel. The home areas look more like a Kohls with furniture displays set up in sitting areas and much more open displays. Different types of signs and lighting. They remodelled guest services so they look like movie theater sales counters with bright, LED lights over big displays of candy and stuff that is normally at the check lanes. The WORST thing they are doing is removing the Target Cafe and replacing it with a Which Wich. That means no more popcorn, hot dogs, Icees, pretzels or pizzas. The Which Wich will be staffed by outside employees (not Target employees), so I am sure they see it as a cost savings. Since I don't go to Target for lunch, but do occasionally like a snack (and think of all the mommas who are not going to be able to get popcorn for their kiddos!), so I'm not thrilled.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Lots of bedding marked down to 70% plus there is a Cartwheel for additional 20% off bedding and it worked on all my clearance!!  Worth a look if you have time.

Patio is on markdown.  30%/50% and a few 70% off items too.  Nothing I wanted, but lots of red stickers everywhere.

Toys have started.  Got Modern Warfare 3 for PS3 marked down to 3.74 from 29.99.  Almost 90% off.  Most toys at 30%/50% with a few 70%.

Mom and I were checking out the toy clearance in our area, and found a Lego set my nephew wants marked 30% off. when we got it to the register it was 70% off I was shocked but thrilled!! other items I wanted still scanned 30% off so I'll wait.

thanks for the heads up on bedding I'll have to go back and look!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

50% off Halloween Candy/Food Products and 70% off Halloween trinkets/decor at my store today. 

I grabbed a few bags of candy, and got 2 decorative spider web pillows for $1.50 each. Lots left, but nothing I was looking for I guess. 

There was a lot of dollar spot birthday/random stuff mixed in with the 70% off too. 

• Like 1

I've been noticing more CDs and DVDs and books ending up in "perimeter piles" lately; meaning they are hard to shop through because they're in messy piles. I keep hoping I'm going to find some gems but no luck yet. Interested to know if anyone has seen anything worthwhile lately.

I used to work for major record labels, and when I sold to Target in the '00s, we had to include an allowance for product markdowns, because they never wanted to return anything. They preferred to sell off old stock via markdowns.

I've been noticing more CDs and DVDs and books ending up in "perimeter piles" lately; meaning they are hard to shop through because they're in messy piles. I keep hoping I'm going to find some gems but no luck yet. Interested to know if anyone has seen anything worthwhile lately.

I used to work for major record labels, and when I sold to Target in the '00s, we had to include an allowance for product markdowns, because they never wanted to return anything. They preferred to sell off old stock via markdowns.

I worked at Target from 03-07, and I never saw any CDs on clearance. That also goes for DVDs, books, software, and video games. I do know that seasonal stuff might sometimes end up in the mix, like you said, but they would ring up normal price. My fellow employees liked to stick clearance wherever they felt like it. They liked to do the same with products that needed numbers. Clearance endcaps it went. Always pissed me off, because guess who ended up being the cashier ringing these up?

I remember asking electronic employees what they did with all the seasonal media. They told me that it gets boxed up and shipped out. That's probably what happened to all our VHS tapes. I don't remember ever selling audio cassettes (store opened in 2003)

Edited by UmmYeahOk

Two Targets in North Dallas went 90. ...like a few days ago. At least one of those I asked claimed they did. They told me they had too much Christmas, that their stockroom was full and needed Halloween gone. Pretty much candy corn and those plastic pumpkin buckets. Very disappointing. Not just the store. I always come to this site during the fall/winter seasons, but it looks like activity on this site has gone to a crawl. Edited by UmmYeahOk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Two Targets in North Dallas went 90. ...like a few days ago. At least one of those I asked claimed they did. They told me they had too much Christmas, that their stockroom was full and needed Halloween gone. Pretty much candy corn and those plastic pumpkin buckets. Very disappointing. Not just the store. I always come to this site during the fall/winter seasons, but it looks like activity on this site has gone to a crawl.

I agree.  This has been my go-to-site for years and I can't believe the lack of posts this year.  Oh well, off to DC area stores later this week to try and score.  Lots of stores to choose from but I hit a home run in Reston VA last Christmas.  :-)

• Like 1