2. 2. I'm shopping for...

• Nintendo U
    • Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • Something Else
    • Undecided...Still Researching But Definitely Buying
    • Undecided...Still Researching Likely to Buy
    • Not Shopping for a Console

Early numbers show Sony winning the BF console sales contest. Did you get a console?  Which one?  Where did you get it and how much did it cost? How did you decide?  I'm not very experienced at polls.  You have to choose one option in each question.

Edited by len_mullen

I purchased a Xbox one for DS8 (2nd Xbox one in our house). I ordered it from Microsoft for $299; that included several console bundles to choose from, a free game and a $60 gift card.

I ultimately went with the Lego movie game bundle and chose rare replay for the free game. Will order another controller/charger with the gift card. It was easy to decide as DS19 already has one and DS8 has a 360 so he'll be able to enjoy the backwards compatibility that is being phased in. We do also still own a PS3.

I did not plan on purchasing a console this year.  I got interested after seeing an Xbox One on a 70" television.  We were probably going to get Battlefront on some platform.  It seemed like a good time to get a new console.  My kids have gaming PCs, so my focus was on multiplayer, single screen games.  

I feel like $650 (not including $110 in unspent gift/promo codes) for this system was a bargain...

• XBox One 1TB console (Microsoft Store $388.99 w/$60 gift code)
  • Four wireless controllers (new model with phone jack; two with bundle, two from Amazon @$39 ea)
  • Battlefront (Dell Home with $25 promo code @ $59.99)
  • Call of Duty Black OPs III (Dell Home with $25 promo code @ $59.99)
  • Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (with bundle)
  • Minecraft ($16.37 from Amazon)
  • Sunset Overdrive (with Bundle)
  • Ori and the Blind Forest (with bundle)
  • Rare Replay (with bundle)
  • Rayman Legends ($23.99 from Amazon)
  • Borderlands: The Handsome Collection ($24.99  from Amazon)
  • Xbox 360 Gears of War Collection (with bundle)
  • 12 Month Xbox Live Gold ($27.89 from CD Keys.com)

In the end, I chose the Xbox One for ME.  The games the kids will play are on both platforms.  I build a bundle that I would like to play on with them and chose games the whole family would enjoy playing together.  

I got the Xbox One at Kohl's. This worked out to be the best deal for me, as I had $77 in merchandise credit and a $50 gift card. The price was $300, so I also earned $90 in Kohl's Cash that I will be using this week. I had the choice between the Lego bundle or Gears of War. I chose Lego because I had purchased the Gears of War game for Xbox One through Walmart earlier in the day for $15. I also picked up a couple of other games through Walmart as well as 3 games from the B2G1 Target sale a few weeks ago. :)

Wasn't really planning on getting a new console since my XBOX 360 collects dust. But I ended up picking up a PS4 Uncharted bundle at Kohls on Thanksgiving for $299 (plus $90 Kohls cash). Actually got the last one on the shelf right after they opened.

My deciding factors.....

The PS4 has the ability to play 3D blu-rays. Just got a new Sony 4k set a few months ago that also has 3D. How often I will use it I don't know. But it would be nice to have the ability to try it if I want to.

The PS4 seems to be the one that is more forgiving not having an internet connection. I just moved and have no broadband options.

The Last of Us. Been wanting to play that game since it was released.

I will say I have always preferred the XBOX because of Halo and Gears of War exclusives. Had a PS3 for a bit but liked the 360 I had better. I'm pretty happy with my decision. Right now I am picking up some older and remastered games like Tomb Raider, Watch Dogs and Call of Duty Ghost because they were dirt cheap on Black Friday. Gonna grab The Last of Us as soon as it drops in price. Not really interested in spending $60 to have a brand new game. I won't be playing online so there is no hurry to grab the newest games before the online popularity runs out. Though I am bummed I can't get in on Star Wars Battlefront.

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

Edited by Monstermile

I purchased the PS4 Star Wars Battlefront bundle from Target for $349.99 - 10% off online on the 1st day of 10 days of deals 10% off electronics. final price after tax was $337. I chose the PS4 because of some of the games I want to play are only available on it and not the Xbox One, also the being able to play blu-rays is nice.

Ordered an Xbox 1 from Microsoft yesterday - hope my $60 gift card rolls in in time to get him the Black Ops 111 game he wants.

I'm hoping for the same!  I've received my shipping confirmation, but not my gift card code.

Anyway - I ordered the 1tb Xbox One Fallout 4 bundle from Microsoft for $349 with a $60 gift card. Got to choose a free game, so went with Assassin's Creed Unity.  I had planned on trying to get Target's deal, but for an extra $50 I got twice the memory and 2 (or 3, I think, because the Fallout 3 is already downloaded) extra games.  I plan to buy the COD Black Ops III game with the gift card.  But in case I don't get it in time, I bought him the Xbox 360 version for $29.99 (also from Microsoft). 

I bought two, but it won't let me choose 2. I bought a Wii U and a PS4. I got the PS4 at Sams a couple weeks ago for $300 and the Wii U bundle at Target.com for $250 on Thursday morning and picked it up on Friday in the store. Deciding factors were really just as simple as that's what my kids want, so that's what I bought. They know more about that crap than I could ever hope to. Lol Edited by jakesmommy403
  • Like 1

I got my Xbox One last year from Kohl's with $115 in KC. Bought a PS4 a few months ago for $299 w/ Last of US. For those referring to the PS4's Blu-ray playing ability... the Xbox One does too. In fact the XBO was the first to play blu-ray 3D. PS4 added it later.

game is called Black Ops III or Black Ops 3 its roman numerals not 1 3 times

Gee, I'm sorry that I didn't type it correctly - I guess I'm just TOO STUPID to participate in forum discussions. Not only was your response rude, but to be a MOD and treat people like that?!? I remember when this was a FUN place to be and felt like a family... very disappointed in what I am seeing here!

I got my Xbox One last year from Kohl's with $115 in KC. Bought a PS4 a few months ago for $299 w/ Last of US. For those referring to the PS4's Blu-ray playing ability... the Xbox One does too. In fact the XBO was the first to play blu-ray 3D. PS4 added it later.

Interesting. I didn't realize The XBOX ONE played 3D blu-rays. Still not an option for me because it relies more on an internet connection than the PS4.

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

Gee, I'm sorry that I didn't type it correctly - I guess I'm just TOO STUPID to participate in forum discussions. Not only was your response rude, but to be a MOD and treat people like that?!? I remember when this was a FUN place to be and felt like a family... very disappointed in what I am seeing here!

Wow talk about being rude. You really need an attitude check there

I was telling you the correct way it is said and then you got all rude about it.