Walmart cancelled my order!

everlast316

Ordered the 249 hp touchscreen laptop for my son on 11/27. Order confirmed, email said it would be available for pickup at my store the next day. Saturday came and went with no email.

Today (Sunday) I get an email telling me my order was cancelled because it wasn't in stock but I'm more than welcome to re-order it (at full price) to pick up at another store.

So I go online and it says it will be in stock at the same store on Thursday.

I call Walmart and said instead of cancelling my order, I would like to just wait and pick it up Thursday at the price I paid for it. The rep I talked to had no interest in satisfying me, repeatedly telling me that the order was cancelled and that they wouldn't price match a black Friday price.

So I missed other opportunities to purchase a discounted item because I was under that an order confirmation from Walmart actually meant that my order was confirmed and now they want me to pay full price.

Its not the end of the world, but it's the principle of this poor business practice that bothers me. I just wanted to share with everyone on here and I'll make myself feel better by driving a half mile down the road to target and giving them my business that had been going to Walmart.

I know Walmart will survive without me, but if they annoy enough people into taking action, eventually they'll feel it in the bottom line.

Hope y'all had more success than me. See you next year!

That's awful!  I've been following Walmart's FB page, and this, unfortunately, is happening to a lot of people.  I don't understand why they're not letting people buy at BF prices when the items come back in stock if they had already paid for the item.  That's just horrible customer service.  It's happening to tons of people!  They're just going to end losing more money.

I read one woman's post where she went into her Walmart to buy clothing that was supposed to be on sale throughout Friday, and her store had crossed out all the BF prices and raised them back to regular price.  When she questioned the manager and showed him the ad, she was told that it was a corporate decision. 

I also read that Walmart wasn't refunding these buyers right away either...so not only do they not have the item that they already paid for, but Walmart isn't refunding them either.  This one guy's credit card is all screwed up and every time he goes to use it, he's been told that it's been flagged for fraudulent activity. 

I kept waiting for my order to be cancelled because everyone's order just kept being cancelled, but it's been shipped and according to the tracking, it will be here on Tuesday, so we'll see.  Despite my purchase going through, I don't think I'll be shopping much at Walmart anymore. 

After what happened to me with Best Buy, I decided on holding off buying at other places online.  I guess I'm glad I decided not to try my luck with Walmart.

I'm curious if the sour taste of online shopping felt by so many people this year will result in more in-store shopping next year or if it will cause people just to stop doing Black Friday altogether.  Personally I think I'll probably skip online shopping on BF next year and either look harder for deals throughout the year or go to more stores in person.

noticed each of these cancelled orders are for store pickup, stores have the right to cancel an order if it takes away from their store inventory and the people in the store to buy that product, just because you place the order online for store pickup does not mean you will get the item.

First the store has to be contacted to pull the item, then they go see if the product is in stock and then finally they pull it if it is. if no product to pull then they cancel your order.

I am sorry this has happened to everyone but this does happen all the time year round at any store.

I went in to pick up my order and was told someone already picked it up the day before, Just me and my husband had authorization to pick it up, and we were both there looking at each other.

Apparently a worker gave someone else our similar item and scanned our sticker that was on that box. They then allowed that person to sign off on our credit card. So the worker gave us the item we purchased and did not have us sign anything since our credit card was already charged. I guess we were part of a 3 person mix up, and whoever signed for our item will probably never have a bill for it since we did not sign anything to receive ours.

I went in to pick up my order and was told someone already picked it up the day before, Just me and my husband had authorization to pick it up, and we were both there looking at each other.

Wow, the epitome of screw ups. A)they're supposed to open box and show you items b)they're supposed to verify everything on receipt is in box c)they have always asked me for card used at purchase and id.not sure how they got away with that.

At least you got what you ordered. On the other hand whoever got your stuff got it for free unless they came back when they realized the error. If cashier didn't put through system they'll show an extra 1 available when it's not.

Mine are supposed to arrive on the 14th but with it still saying in processing I'm a little worried.  I hope she gets hers.

14th is a long time away...  If coming from a distribution center within a few hundred miles, it's very likely to be able to arrive in 1-2 days.  Additionally, using USPS across the country should still arrive in less than 5 business days.  You certainly have a reason for concern (being so long already), but don't give up hope yet if it still says 14th.

I would suggest next time just getting these items shipped home (if it's BF weekend). I know everyone wants it NOW, but they probably didn't have the manpower to pull products or care to; being that it was so busy. By the time they looked at items for in-store pick-up...they were probably out of stock. Sucks, but probably close to the truth.

I would have loved to have it "ship to home" but these items didn't allow for free shipping and the freight was going to be 99.99 each for ship to home.  Ship to Store was what I did - not pick up in store.  I'm still waiting but looking at alternative presents just in case.

**Update from OP**

I decided to try my luck with emailing customer service and detailed the situation and they offered to sell me the laptop at the confirmed price and offered free rush shipping for my inconvenience! I never thought I'd get a better response from an email than a live person, but I did. Just wanted to share this with you all.

I'm happy I can continue to shop at Walmart without having a negative opinion of them in my mind!

Thanks to all who commented with messages of support. See you all next year!

• Like 3