Official "What I Got / Share Your Experiences" Thread

Brad

I was up early this morning and got the Wii U bundle for $249 and the Mario Maker game with a $15 target card.    Walmart's site went funny for me, so I gave up, but just now was able to get the soda stream I've been waiting to go on sale for $49 at walmart.   Not too bad.        Only bad experience has been shopko, who let me order the item I had been waiting all day for, and then cancelled it a 1/2 hour later!   

So far I've ordered online from Bon Ton and Khols. I'm really disappointed with both.  For Khols, I'm not sure what is going on.  I see 3 items shipped, 12 in fulfillment and 2 that don't say anything.  But when I look up the order in the Khols app, it says cancelled.  And the Bon Ton order shows that 1 item has shipped twice and the second item has seemed to have disappeared.  I tried online shopping for the fist time this year and I think I'm going to go back to strictly shopping in store from now on.  I thought for sure I would know what to expect to receive from Khols but I have no confidence the other items will ship.  But I'm sure if I buy them in store tonight, I'll end up with duplicates.  And if I don't, I won't receive any!  UGH

I'm hoping the in store shopping goes smoothly.  I thought online shopping would be less stressful, but that has not been the case!  

Well, I had 3/4 of my Walmart list bought online and then just recently received an email that my order was cancelled due to an error processing. WHAT?!? Now more than half of my items are OUT OF STOCK! Ugh! Guess I will be fighting the crowd as usual. Just as I had been doing my happy dance because I only needed a few things. SMH.

The only item I ordered last night was the $154 trampoline at Walmart.  I finally got my order to go through at 3:26 AM.  It hasn't been cancelled.

I was going to order a couple movies at Target, but they were in store only.  Grrr...

I may go out later tonight...when the crowds have thinned a bit. 

Bought some TV DVDs at Target.com at 4am, book at BN.com with the 30% off, book at Amazon.com w/their 30 % off and grabbed a few things at Kohl's.com earlier in the week.

All I have left is my MIL and since I'm stumped as to what to get her (and she's the most ungrateful gift recipient ever), I may just hit the fancy food aisle for her.

• Like 1

Got the 30% off on a single book at both Barnes & Noble and Amazon and also the Age of Adeline DVD at the latter.  May or may not be trying for much more online, since my wants are modest this year.

I also decided to get the VIP Bag at Bath & Body Works, along with 12 hand sanitizers and 7 hand soaps, several of which ended up free with the Buy 3, Get 3 Free sale.

After seeing the 15% off plus free shipping coupon code at Hasbro Toy Shop (HOLIDAYSAVE), I decided to check out what they had and ended up with a couple Star Wars action figures.

Picked up some odds and ends at Avon with the BLACKFRIDAY free shipping code.

Edited by tthurber

I went online and took advantage of the sale going on at Bath & Body Works (Buy 3, Get 3 Free!). I also purchased  their 2015 V.I.P. tote that was $20 when you spend $35. Lastly, I went onto the Gymboree site (50% off the entire site) and bought my baby cousin (who was born last Saturday) a few ensembles. 

Well, part one done. Hit Wal-Mart tonight-- I've had a lot of luck with this one in the past for the sales, it is a small NC mountain town and some of the other regional ones apparently draw more of the people. Actually went in at 5:45 and walked right up (well, had to work through some crowds) and got the wristband for the 40" TV for $149. That was my main goal... wanted that TV for my "gaming cave" as my 32" is just a bit small with my vision starting to go the way it is. Also got the $10 crockpot. Most of the crowd seemed to be after the game bundles; I had wanted the 3 month cards on PSN Plus and Live but that area was just too bad to try I thought.

We had it paid for and loaded (had to drive around back of the store) and out 45 min later. Only bad thing was, in one of the main isles there was an older lady who was walking like one step every five seconds. While trying to maneuver and avoid being hit from behind myself, I just BARELY, and I do mean the tiniest tap possible, hit her heel from behind. Now, I had already been hit a good ten times worse than that getting the TV, you just sort of expect it I thought in those conditions. But the woman immediately started crying and going on about how it hurt. Now, I really do feel horrible about it and have a bad guilt complex... my husband tried to lighten the mood and reassure me afterwards though. :)

First thing tomorrow will actually be PetSmart. Want to load up on the cheap Purina my gourmet cats like. Belk is next to it and some good sales there too so will try that too.

ETA: Part 2.

PetSmart was a great experience, about a dozen of us waiting and everybody was very nice. Loaded up on the food and got a cat tree.

Went to Belk afterwards, and felt bad for the poor workers, who were like zombies... turns out that shift was there all night.

Was made to feel bad about my $149 TV by a FB friend who ripped into me for shopping on Thanksgiving because her husband and the workers not getting time with their families. :( I do feel bad for them, and I understand because on my job I work New Year's eve and day, but that was the only way I was going to get that TV!

Went into Best Buy after Belk, and they still had a lot of the TVs and game bundles. Wasn't that crowded really.

Edited by Paka

Did almost everything online this year with the exception of two store trips, which was nice.

Placed a Kohl's order early Monday morning for blankets, sheets, clothes, toaster oven, etc.

Went to Toys R Us on Tuesday and got a few toys I wanted for my 2-year-old niece.

On Wednesday I placed an order online at Old Navy for some things I had my eye on. Also purchased a doll and a small tree from Target.com. Found a few Disney Princess dresses on ToysRUs.com as well. I also got in on the Walmart price change that lasted for like 30 minutes, so that was nice. Ordered 4 Xbox One games, Cinderella Bluray, and Aladdin Bluray.

Today I bought a $50 Aeropostale gift card from eBay's sale for $40. Ordered a book for my mom on Amazon using the 30% off coupon. Also got American Sniper Bluray and Inside Out BluRay on lightning deals.

Stepped out around 4pm and got in line at Kohl's. Got the free movie tickets (which I had forgotten about, so that was nice) and got the Xbox One. Also picked up some other random things. My Kohl's was actually very organized. I hear the PS4's went pretty fast but that was largely in part to the fact that one family grabbed 5 of them and they only had like 15 tops? Checkout was smooth, I maybe waited 5 minutes until it was my turn. Got out of there and came straight home and into my PJ's. :)

May go out again in the morning if I feel like it but we'll see. I'll of course keep browsing online but I think I've pretty much gotten everything! Now to spend $135 in Kohl's Cash next week! ;)

We got everything we wanted, our big stop was Best Buy where we camped out last night. Our group was first in line and got four of the 50inch TVs for $149, a GoPro and BluRay players to name a few...

We made the news in our Gottadeal Shirts ;)

Holiday shopping begins with Thanksgiving deals

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/west-palm-beach/shoppers-ditch-thanksgiving-dinner-for-bargains

• Like 3

I ordered the Cinderella movie and the Frozen Karaoke CD from Amazon.  I ordered my daughter a Wii, a Kirby game for the Wii, and an Xbox 360 controller (since my kids are all sharing one controller) from Gamestop.com.  I got the controller free. 

I went to Walmart and got the trampoline.  That is the only thing I needed from there so we are already home.  However, we are leaving around 2:00 in the morning to head about an hour away to do the rest of our Black Friday shopping.  I will update when we get home. :)

Not sure if everyone's Old Navy was 50% off Wednesday. The ad said it was going to be Thursday & Friday.  I opened a Old Navy Visa card and got an additional 10% off so was really pleased with that.

The Target ad wasn't available when I first got on at 3:15 this morning so I started to order things from Best Buy, then Target's sale went online so I switched what I could to buy from Target because I have a Target card.

So from Target I got 2 copies of San Andreas on Blu Ray (one for dad and one for me) and Arrow: Third Season on DVD. From Best Buy I ended up getting Interstellar on Blu Ray for $7.99 because Target never did release it for the sale price of $4 that the ad said to their online sale.  I didn't want to go in the store just for one item so got it at Best Buy. I also got The Hobbit (Part 2 and 3).

At Walmart, I was very happy to get the $59.99 Fitbit shipped to my house, didn't want to step foot in any Walmart to pick it up :)

Never shopped at Kohls on BF even though I am a frequent customer. But they had some good deals this year that appealed to me. Did a good part of my Kohls shopping online Monday. But still wanted the PS4. Had previous plans so was not able to get there early. Got there at 5:30 and didn't hold much hope. Ended up getting one of the movie passes. Asked about the doorbusters and the only got 6 PS4s. Doors opened and headed straight for, or where I thought they would be while my gf redeemed the movie voucher. After being directed to where the game systems were I managed to snag the last PS4. With that out of the way we were free to shop casually. Which was no problem. No huge crowds to fight through. Ended up with some Christmas decorations, some house warming towels for my daughters new house and the 82 piece Oneida silverware set. Used the 15% coupon on everything except the PS4.. All in all after this week I have $180 in Kohls cash to spend. Saved quite a bit too.

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

Did most of mine online starting with Kohls's on Monday.

Kohl's: jewelry, throw blankets, holiday socks, shirts. *Most items still have not shipped which worries me. The store pickup order was a breeze

Target pre-sale last week: Apple TV. *store pickup was a breeze

Target on Sunday: used the extra % off code for entertainment and got 2 books for gifts. Store pickup was a breeze.

Macy's online: Bare Essentials makeup and philosophy shower gel. *already shipped

Online Shopping today includes:

Best Buy online: 2 orders, both consisting of movies. *both have shipped

Target online: one movie

Walmart online: one movie. * done while camped out in the store in front of the $1.96 DVD display. LOL

Amazon. Nabbed Aladdin Blu-Ray lightning deal and used their 30% off coupon for a book

Ventured out to my small hometown Walmart for the cheap movies and cozy socks. Was able to nab all the movies on my list plus extra, get checked out and back to the car by 6:10 pm. Couldn't locate the cozy socks but I expect them to have some of those left tomorrow. If not, no big deal.

Walmart was a different experience this year. For the first time in many, many years, the associates at this store kept the pallets heavily guarded and there was no pre-grabbing. We were warned that security would be called if we so much as touched a DVD before 6 pm. Luckily most of the DVD's I wanted were located near each other, however that display was just across from the fight-inducing towels!! I have to admit I was a bit worried so I grabbed what I wanted and got the heck out of that corner. LOL. People were made to line up for the towels and they were handed out one by one. Guess the store manager got tired of the fighting.

One shopper managed to sneak away with a stack of dvd's and was chased down by an associate and the dvd's were taken from her.

I wasn't witness to this but according to my mom, someone was wheeled out on a stretcher by paramedics. I think that happens every year.

So, all in all for me, no big ticket items this year but still pleased with my purchases and experiences, provided I get all my online orders. *I'm looking at you Kohl's*

Tomorrow I'll head out to Barnes & Noble to use the 30% off coupon and to Bed, Bath and Beyond because I haven't been in a while.

• Like 1

I did some online this year and so far, not cancelled.

Ventured out to Walmart about 7:30 and got everything on my list. Really wanted a trash can, but we're sold out on line. Got to the store and they had plenty, but when I looked at it, the can was VERY small. Glad I didn't order one!

Was making a second trip around to see if I missed something and saw the 40" TV sitting near some cardboard. Asked a worker and they said it was just sitting there. SCORE!!! Got the TV almost 2 hours later and was home by 9:30.

• Like 1

I'm a happy camper this year. My husband's "turkey alarm" went off around 5-5:30 this morning, so I checked my phone and saw that Target's deals had started. I ordered the Wii U Splatoon/Smash Bro's bundle for $250, a 3DS Mario Game for $15, Turtle Beach headset for $30, Skylanders Superchargers for $35, and Mario Maker for $60 and got the $15 giftcard. Everything has already shipped, and the Wii U is scheduled for in-store pickup in the morning. I found Target's online buying process to be very smooth. Additional 5% off with Redcard and free shipping.

Next up was Amazon, just a few games I needed for the boys, I got Mario Kart 8 for $45, Minecraft $18, Terraria $18, and Tearaway Unfolded $20. Free shipping.

Tonight, my brother and I headed up to Target at about 8:30. It was still pretty busy in there, but very well organized and decently stocked. There were two police officers out front. We have a good Target. I got the 40" Westinghouse TV for $218, 3 of the Skylanders figures for $11 each, Jurassic World Bluray combo $10, and Home Bluray combo for $9. I also got a super cute wallet for myself for $9 with their 40% off sale. I might get a purse in the morning when I run up to get the Wii U, especially since I have my $15 giftcard now from buying Mario Maker. Additional 5% off with Redcard. I was surprised to see the big pile of PS4's that were left, but no sign of the Wii U's, so I'm glad I got mine online.

We decided to drive across the street and see if anything was still going on at Walmart, this was around 9:30. It was weird, it was pretty dead over there. Totally different vibe than Target. In fact, the store employees were already rolling pallets of food back to where they belonged, and condensing and cleaning up the displays that were left. I didn't see movies or video games anywhere, and it looked like all the tv's were gone. Really, the only BF deals I saw there were clothes, cameras, fitbits, and speakers. It was so quiet.

Tomorrow morning, after I pick up the Wii U and bring it home (and hide it!) we're planning on taking the kids out for a while, see what deals we can find. I wasn't in the mood to browse tonight because I'm tired. We want to go to Kohls and then up to the mall.

I hope everyone had some luck tonight! Thanks again for being such a huge help this year. What would I do with Gottadeal?

• Like 2

Online:

Khols- dh got the necklace I'm wanting (lol), easy checkout

Justice- dds Christmas PJs, I had no problems but I heard a lot of people saying the site was awful

Amazon- Kindle fire, no problems

Khols a second time for 2 fitbits lol,again it was easy

forgot Best Buy- got dh 500x headset (whatever it is) then went back on and got 60.00 in iTunes gift cards for 48.00. Both easy checkouts

In store:

Aeropostale- had a ton of pants to return so I did that and got 3 pairs of pants and a hat for dd. (I had gotten a WAY better deal earlier this month but none of them fit dd)

JCPennys- Clothes for dd

Justice- clothes for dd

Old Navy- more clothes for dd

Childrens Place- clothes for ds

I went just so I could return the pants and get her some new ones. I ended up spending 300.00 (not counting the 100 Aero return/rebuying) and getting an Old Navy credit card just so we could check out faster. :sidesplit

Edited by julz0420
  • Like 1

Started Wednesday. Hit up the 50% off sale on city chic! using a $120 gift card I purchased for $43 on living social. That was a huge score. Also hit up Lane Bryant.

Stayed up (east coast) waiting on JCPenneys to go live, got the jeans I was looking for. Went out about 7:30 tonight and hit BonTon, Target, Dicks and Kmart. In and out at each store. Not crowded at all, never more than 2 minutes in line. Got close parking spots and everything we were after.

• Like 1

I stayed up all morning this morning and about 12:40am, BB updated there prices, I was aiming for the 40" Insignia LED TV, grabbed it, even kept check on it for the next few hours, it was in stock for a long time till about 4am this morning, then Target put theres up about 3am this morning, grabbed the Xbox One 500GB GOW Bundle with 15% Registry Discount and Redcard 5% Discount coming out to $257 with the $60 gift card, im gonna try to sell the gift card to one of my family/friend members and that would bring the total under $200, which I consider one of the slickest deals I ever got! The target one stayed on there for at least 2 hours before being sold out.

This was my first year since 2008 I didnt camp out anywhere and I stayed at home and shopped for the first time, it was weird and seemed like it wasnt right not being out at the stores with the other hundreds of people but then again, it was good because we stayed at home and didnt have to stand for hours.

Edited by Sim31
  • Like 2

Considering I was only going to go to a couple of stores and I wasn't even excited I did manage to shop for 8+ hours. lol First stop Michaels but too long of line to wait. I have to mention it rained constantly from at least 4:00 PM when I went out until midnight. It's never rained for BF that I can remember and I've been doing it for years and years. Sleet? Yes. Snow? Yes. Freezing cold and windy? Yes. Rain? NEVER! lol Went to Shoe Carnival. Last year I think there were 50 in line this year 5! Went in, got my son his Sperry shoes and left. More people were trickling in. Went to Penneys. Got the 9.99 (reg 40.00) and 2.99 pillow (reg 12?) AND they let me use a $10.00 off $10.00 purchase coupon! Then to Younkers and got the Kitchenaid mixer for my sister. Loaded it into my car. Went back inside where I wandered around for about an hour trying to find something to spend my three $10 off $10 coupons. Finally got so frustrated I left. Went to Kohls-lines all the way to the back for the checkout so I left. Went to Walmart. Got the cheap washcloths for operation Christmas child shoebox project and one or two other things. Went back to Michaels where I didn't have to wait in line and got what I wanted (which wasn't all that much-not as good as last year imho). Ran into Gordmans, didn't get anything. Went back to Younkers. Found some earrings to use my coupons on and a set of three paring knives. Went back to Kohls. Hadn't studied the ad that well. I had two $10.00 off coupons. I found out the Barbie's were 5.99 so I got excited. I got a ton of those and the 2 pack clothing sets (5.99 too). I also got that Melissa and Doug multi pack kitchen set. Oh and the cute Christmas cookie baking set. With the coupon and the 15% off it makes the Barbies/clothes sets $4.84. Then I went to Target and got those Barbie $29 doorbuster sets with the closet, two dolls and car. They were bringing three sets out from the back room and I got two of them. Finally I went home. Sat and looked through the Kohls. Saw the vacuums on sale and I really, really need one. So I called to see if they had any of the styles left I wanted and they did so I ran back over there (I only live 5 minutes away). Also got a Serta gel bed pad thing. I'm exhausted and broke! lol But it was fun! The young man at Kohls showing people to the registers was really funny and it reminded me of the old days and the fun I used to have in line waiting for stores to open and everyone joking around. All in all, except for the constant rain, it was a good time. :)

• Like 1

So far the only thing I have tried to get was from the 6pm Thursday Dell doorbusters.  AFTER the fact I found out from a Dell facebook post that I had to find my item through the black Friday link only.  I had typed in the item to search and it came up - and by doing it this way the price didn't change.

So even though I had the XBox deal in my cart, the price did not lower at check out.  So needless to say, I lost out on that deal.

They offered another Xbox deal for the same price but with much fewer extras (like no extra controllers).  I quickly did a Gotta Deal search for what they were going for from other stores and grabbed the second less attractive deal just before THAT one was sold out.

Dell posted on their facebook they are going to have an XBox deal on cyber Mon day, and right now I am hoping it is not a better deal than the one I ended up with.

I was able to snag the $149 laptop, and for some reason it took off at least 10% - I think because I am a Dell rewards member, and I ended up paying about $132.  Not quite as good a deal as Office Depot's Toshiba for $119, but now I can pay for it through my Dell account.

All in all, feeling good about it but not ecstatic like I would if I had snagged the deal I should have gotten  :yay:

Edited by myboysnme