Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Printer recommendation?

8 replies to this topic

#1 momto6  OFFLINE  

momto6

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 25, 2015 - 7:52 am

Lots of printers on sale. Which is best? We need all in one.

#2 nirvana4all  OFFLINE  

nirvana4all

Sentient Program Operator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 25, 2015 - 8:14 pm

Many are good, I personally like the print quality of the multi-ink (not just 2 cartridge) versions of the Canon printers.

A computer can only be as smart as the person running it. :crash:

#3 Suzy Crampton  OFFLINE  

Suzy Crampton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 2, 2016 - 11:48 am

I look at all the reviews and can't decide what to do. I have googled printers and a Canon one always comes up as a good one, then I look at reviews and it shows more 1 ratings than 4 or 5. Are Canon printers really good or not?

Suzy Chapstick:)

#4 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 1,582 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 2, 2016 - 12:00 pm

I'm on my second Canon, I love them for the good quality and more importantly that I can replace all of my ink for under $5 a shot. I got the new one to upgrade my older one (wanted AirPrint) and gave my old one to my sister.

#5 nirvana4all  OFFLINE  

nirvana4all

Sentient Program Operator

• 1,361 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 3, 2016 - 3:30 pm

I will admit it depends on which canon printer.  Think of Chevrolet:  if you buy a cheap chevy cavalier, it is unlikely to last, but if you buy a GMC Canyon by chevy, it will likely hold up for quite a while.

My current printer is an mx410, doing great with it, does wireless printing, photos, and does not even have the multi-color ink cartridges.    I got my MIL who prints many more photos a MG5720 canon printer and it is doing amazing, it does have the multiple inks and has great photos.

A computer can only be as smart as the person running it. :crash:

#6 Suzy Crampton  OFFLINE  

Suzy Crampton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 3, 2016 - 4:33 pm

The one I was looking at is the MX922. Know anything about it?

#7 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 1,582 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 4, 2016 - 8:32 am

MX922 is the one I have. Bought it on a BF special on Amazon. Works great, I can say it takes longer to start printing than my old one did (not sure if it's normal or not) but once it does the printing is very fast and very high quality. Can still get the ink dirt cheap from Amazon which is something I checked before I bought it since it was a key thing for me with my Canon I gave away. So far we've been using it about a month and it's been great.

#8 Suzy Crampton  OFFLINE  

Suzy Crampton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 4, 2016 - 4:25 pm

Thank you!

#9 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 5, 2016 - 6:01 pm

The one I was looking at is the MX922. Know anything about it?

I have an MX882 which we use every day.  I have an MX922 still in the box which I bought for $70.  I like the 882 a lot and reviews for the 922 are very good.  One of the best things about these printers is that you can buy ink for next to nothing...

http://www.meritline...--p-124409.aspx

If you sign up for their newsletter, you will get a sheet of daily deals and a code for additional discounts.  I have been paying about $0.75 for MX882 ink and about $1.25 for the MX922.  That means you can recycle the empties at Staples for more than you pay for the full carts.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users