Amazon.com Online Black Friday Sale Discussion

Brad

Just had to call CS because I, yet again, tried to buy a lightning deal, had it in my cart, went to checkout (immediately, well within the 15 minutes), and it was moved to my wait list saying it was sold out.  Is this happening to anyone else?  This is the 2nd time (once on Prime Day, and now today).

Edited by sas377

Just had to call CS because I, yet again, tried to buy a lightning deal, had it in my cart, went to checkout (immediately, well within the 15 minutes), and it was moved to my wait list saying it was sold out.  Is this happening to anyone else?  This is the 2nd time (once on Prime Day, and now today).

Never once have I had it happen.  I've probably purchased 100 lightning deals in the past 10 years.

Edited by bribri25
  • Like 1

I don't really see any new format to the lightning deals.  The only change from previous years is that they don't have the Movies/CDs/etc. calendar that they used to have.  Everything else is the same; they throw up 1,000 random (mostly mediocre) deals throughout the day and sprinkle in some gems and/or price matches for other BF retailers.  It's still laid out that on a computer, you see ~3 across and ~25 per page and on mobile you see ~2 across and continually scroll down.  And as an added bonus, they now have filtering by Current/Upcoming/Watching and let you Watch an upcoming deal with a reminder.

If you're saying that you never really looked through the lightning deals on an hourly basis and just went off the calendars for items you knew would be there in advance, then yes, it's changed - they don't have the calendars; but that's not a format change of the Amazon lightning deals.

And just saw this that 3pm-11pm PST on Thursday, there will be 'mobile app only' specific deals.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000625601&forceHttps=0&isAUI=1

I don't really see any new format to the lightning deals.  The only change from previous years is that they don't have the Movies/CDs/etc. calendar that they used to have.  Everything else is the same; they throw up 1,000 random (mostly mediocre) deals throughout the day and sprinkle in some gems and/or price matches for other BF retailers.  It's still laid out that on a computer, you see ~3 across and ~25 per page and on mobile you see ~2 across and continually scroll down.  And as an added bonus, they now have filtering by Current/Upcoming/Watching and let you Watch an upcoming deal with a reminder.

If you're saying that you never really looked through the lightning deals on an hourly basis and just went off the calendars for items you knew would be there in advance, then yes, it's changed - they don't have the calendars; but that's not a format change of the Amazon lightning deals.

And just saw this that 3pm-11pm PST on Thursday, there will be 'mobile app only' specific deals.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000625601&forceHttps=0&isAUI=1

Perhaps it's just the mediocre deals then. I got to order early from bestbuy during the elite sale, and they also had the beats I needed on sale so I've gotten a lot accomplished so far anyway. I'm just not getting into amazon this year for some reason.... I really miss the calendar. Just don't have all day to monitor the deals. They should be better the closer it gets to Thanksgiving so maybe there will be something I can't live without.

Perhaps it's just the mediocre deals then. I got to order early from bestbuy during the elite sale, and they also had the beats I needed on sale so I've gotten a lot accomplished so far anyway. I'm just not getting into amazon this year for some reason.... I really miss the calendar. Just don't have all day to monitor the deals. They should be better the closer it gets to Thanksgiving so maybe there will be something I can't live without.

Yes, it's very likely the deals will get better Wednesday, and certainly Thursday & Friday.

Well, so far lots of jewelry and clothes to wade through, none of which I'm interested in. Not really any movies or tv shows, which is what I usually get a lot of on Amazon this time of year. But, it's early yet.

Edited by mello

I can't believe there isn't a movie or TV show DVD deal to be found here they typically price match all the brick and mortar stores.

I know! I've been glued to this site and the tracker looking for these deals. Amazon is a mess this year for me. I've barely looked at any of the lightning deals. I don't have the patience to wade through all of the them.

Hopefully some DVD & blu-ray deals will pop up soon because that's really all that's left of my lists.

I can't believe there isn't a movie or TV show DVD deal to be found here they typically price match all the brick and mortar stores.

Yesterday they had several Blu-rays that were the same price as Best Buys sale prices. The three I saw that I was interested in were Pitch Perfect 2, Insurgent and Hunger Games Mocking Jay 1. There were many others that matched Best Buy prices.

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

I got two that I can get at amazon tommorow and friday IF best buy or target sells out or dont post dvds online (like Walmart did to us last year). I actually may do Furious 7 at Amazon just to make sure it doesnt get lost since thats one I HAVE to have and I did have dvds that never made it into my shipments box last year at Target My problem now is how do i get them ordered while out doing brick and mortar stores lol. Thanks again Brad!

Edited by Tigger97498

check this out FREE!!!! apps, movies, music and books

http://www.amazon.com/gp/adlp/verizon_thanksgetting_day/ref=br_imp_ara-1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-hero-J&pf_rd_r=13QH093WHQ25AM118JM0&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2295694522&pf_rd_i=desktop

choice of 3 blooks, 10 songs, 10 app, 9 movies and 18 television episodes.

get 1 or all for free

check this out FREE!!!! apps, movies, music and books

http://www.amazon.com/gp/adlp/verizon_thanksgetting_day/ref=br_imp_ara-1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-hero-J&pf_rd_r=13QH093WHQ25AM118JM0&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2295694522&pf_rd_i=desktop

choice of 3 blooks, 10 songs, 10 app, 9 movies and 18 television episodes.

get 1 or all for free

I saw something to this effect through Verizon wireless yesterday, but hadn't had the chance to fully investigate.

Thanks riven i got a digital copy of Divrgent just now with that i have it on dvd but may as well have an amazon copy for my fire tv

wasnt going to get it but for free why not, grabbed a couple other movies, 1 of the books and a few things on music, dont need any of the apps