Getting excited!

Monique319

I am getting excited too! I am going to be scrambling a bit in my prep this year - just found out our Angel Tree info won't be available until Tuesday! Eeek! I will have to strategize and calculate costs on all those gifts pretty quickly in order to get the biggest bang for our buck. I am up to the task. Bring on the doorbusters!!

• Like 2

With Amazon in full force on Friday, and Kohl's Sunday night, and a few undetermined "special event" "members-only" pre-sales (Sears, TRU, etc.) we're really only ~ 3 days away. You can't really have the countdown to BF anymore because the majority really happens 24+ hours before Friday even hits.  I'd be curious what the breakdown is between:

• Online sales before noon Thursday
  • Thursday sales in-store
  • Friday sales in-store (there was a time this was probably 80%)
  • Saturday/Sunday sales
  • I'll exclude Cyber Monday from the equation because I think that's a different sale that's most a % off + free shipping, etc.

I'd have to imagine online sales before Thu is the most $$, but those big doorbusters keep it looking like Thursday does the largest amount.  Still, I'd imagine 80%+ is done before Friday even arrives.  Maybe I can start a thread and see what the GottaDeal community breakdown ends up being percentage-wise.  I wonder if that's just the math nerd in me or if other people would be interested too ;)

I'll try to get something on here for next Saturday, so stay tuned if you're interested as well.  And if you're still even reading and have any suggestions for the poll, go ahead and send me a PM, or post here (in fear of getting this thread off topic - though....this seems like a pretty broad topic, anyway :) ).

• Like 3

I have my list of items that I need at Walmart and Target as well as a list of items I'm gonna first try and get online.  My Christmas Planner is filling up fast with everything that I need to buy.  I'm so excited! I love this holiday!!! And Yes, BF is a holiday...to me! :yay:

Edited by Jen08
  • Like 1