Kohl's: what time to be in line for doorbusters?

PCguy07

I think I will make Koh's my big store this year.  I haven't ever had to lineup there....I wan't that Kohl's cash (Actually my wife wants that Koh's cash...lol)

If the store opens at 6:00 PM, what time do you think I would have to be in line to get a number of doorbusters (Especially the PS4)?

My guess is at least by 3:00 PM...maybe sooner?

Thanks for your insight!

I'm on the same wavelength as you are.  I would think 3pm is sufficient, but it's really hard to gauge.  The KC is a huge incentive for many, but those that are looking for a variety of the other toys/iPad/etc, they will be lining up at Target/WM; because you certainly can't expect to be at more than one of those for opening and get what those doorbusters.

This will be the first time I even hit Kohls on BF. Let alone it being my main and first stop. I plan on getting there around 4pm and hope for the best. I'm relying on the crowds being more heavy at Target, Walmart and Best Buy.

Tap'd from my 6 Plus

I haven't hit Kohls on BF before either.  They have great deals this year, its hard not to make this my main stop.  I think I will drive by around 1-2 on Thanksgiving just to see what if any the line looks like.

• Like 1

kohls offers lots online days ahead...I always shop on BF but never been in person

Avoid kohl's if you can on Thanksgiving; do it all online the Monday before. If you're looking for those do orbiter electronics, you don't have much choice.

If you have the ability to drive by earlier and check, that's best....but not always feasible.

Of all the stores I have frequented on BF, Kohls stands out as having the longest line.  Maybe because other stores zig zag you through aisles, so the lines aren't as noticeably long, but I wouldn't step foot in Kohls on BF if you can order your items online. 

You say they have the longest line, but do you know what time the line started?

Last year we got to Kohls at 4:20 for 6pm opening and there were 2 other groups in line. They started handing out tickets for hot items at 5 and it was great to know you were guaranteed the item you were looking for!

How many people total between the two groups?  Any idea how many tickets they had for the "big" items?  I'm looking to get the PS4!

@Dylansmommy was very likely talking about the line inside the store to check out. Insanity after 10 minutes of the doors opening. The outside line will be long too, but not really until about an hour before opening, does it get extensive. You'll want to be there much before that for a ticket item.

The PS4 may be a big ticket item, but almost every ad for stores this year has had it listed at the $299 price point, so I don't think it will be an insane fight over it.    That being said, Khol's last year had a very long line, we showed up 3 hours before open (not our first stop) and were probably 50 people deep as I recall.  Not a problem really as their ad is so big so many people wanting different things, but the store was packed full.

@Dylansmommy was very likely talking about the line inside the store to check out. Insanity after 10 minutes of the doors opening. The outside line will be long too, but not really until about an hour before opening, does it get extensive. You'll want to be there much before that for a ticket item.

Yes, the line inside the store to check out!  Kohl's has never been a store I hit first, so I don't know how early people start to line up. 

You say they have the longest line, but do you know what time the line started?

How many people total between the two groups?  Any idea how many tickets they had for the "big" items?  I'm looking to get the PS4!

Only 2 or 3 people in each group.  They had 40 something of tv, 10 of game system, and not sure on other items.  It gets so cold in northeast that people don't plan to camp out as long.  By the time it was 30 minutes to opening, there was quite a long line.  Seemed that most people who were in line near us were not looking for gaming system as so many other stores had them.  If you live where its warmer, 2-3 hours would be a good bet to get in line before opening.

I love that you asked this question! I have done Walmart for ten years and there ad is worse then there normal everyday ads!!!! I am braving kohls for the first time ever for the Xbox one! I'm hoping I will get one, I'm also wondering when to line up! That extra money back is a huge incentive!

If you really really need that PS4 id play it safe and go at 2pm. My Kohls is always hundreds deep by opening time :)

I think you're right! 2 sounds good.

Best way to do kohls is to have someone get in line a few minutes after you get there. Their checkout lines are insane.

I wish i could. Its just me this year. Maybe i can get some help...I don't know...ill look into it.

I love that you asked this question! I have done Walmart for ten years and there ad is worse then there normal everyday ads!!!! I am braving kohls for the first time ever for the Xbox one! I'm hoping I will get one, I'm also wondering when to line up! That extra money back is a huge incentive!

My Plan is to get in line at 2pm, get the doorbuster ticket, race to everything i can, then race back to the line!

My Plan is to get in line at 2pm, get the doorbuster ticket, race to everything i can, then race back to the line!

Can you shop with a buddy? The best thing is to have someone get in line immediately to hold your place. Also, if you're getting a lot of stuff, it's helpful to bring your own shopping bag to hold it all. We used trash bags one year and it worked great.

Does anyone know if the Xbox One deal will be available online too?

Wisdom for the masses :gdclap: :

With sales starting early many people are eating Thanksgiving for lunch. Figure an early family will sit down about 11:00. They finish and clean up by noon and where do they go??? To the store. You get there at 3:00 to a line around the building and a nice police officer who tells you there is no room in the parking lot.

If you really want the item you need to get there before the masses start eating. Noon at the latest will get you some of the items you want, but I would say 10:00 to make sure.

I cannot tell you how many hundreds of people would come to the store frustrated because they got there 3 or 4 hours early only to hold out hope for a few movies instead of any door busters because of how long the lines were. If you wait until 2:00 you will not get your door busters. Every year about 50 people tell me they were expecting to be first in line. It is not the 1990's any more.  :gd_partyu  You have to get there early. (Best Buy and Target even earlier... much earlier).

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, bring something to keep you warm. Warm and in line is a time to bond... cold and in line it a time to kill everyone around you. Make sure you share your warmth with those around you... never know when you may need them to have your back.

one final suggestion... Consider taking names of people in line with you if you are one of the first there. At least the first 50 or so. The last thing you want is a college kid in front of you to grow to 15 right before the store opens. This keeps everyone honest and can help the store out and make sure you keep your place in line if rioting starts. Remember, the people that get there 1 hour before the store opens have nothing to lose by line jumping. Protect yourself and those behind you. They will appreciate it.

Hope this is helpful. :howdy: