Upcoming Amazon Black Friday deals on Kindle, Fire & Fire TV

Brad

Oh good I will get the fire tablets I need there then if Best Buy sells out!!!!!!!!!! Pry pick up another fire stick too either here or Best Buy (same price deal) just in case "santa" brings me the 32" tv I want for my new tv stand lol!!!

Edited by Tigger97498

Oh good I will get the fire tablets I need there then if Best Buy sells out!!!!!!!!!! Pry pick up another fire stick too either here or Best Buy (same price deal) just in case "santa" brings me the 32" tv I want for my new tv stand lol!!!

Nice!! And maybe it'll go live on Amazon before BB finally rolls over; except that'll be midnight Pacific for Amazon.  

Did you really buy a TV Stand with no TV, yet? ;)

No I found out this morning I am getting moms tv stand so now I need a tv for it lol!!! Be nice if it goes live on amazon first though it wont help me much because I still gotta stay up for Best Buy blu rays and several things at Target lol.

Edited by Tigger97498

I think Kodi is one of the best parts of the fire stick just because its so much easier to install and navigate with the fire stick. Its also easy as 1 2 3 to install repositories for Kodi with the fire stick. I have used it both on the fire stick and the apple tv and the fire stick's just a much better experience. You can always  view all instant amazon videos you have purchased even if you dont have prime.

Im a little puzzled as to why HBO is on there when you can watch HBO on tv?Ive no clue about these new streaming devices, I have chromecast.

If you subscribe to HBO as part of your cable service, you can watch it on tablets, stream shows, movies, etc. Also, there's a subscription service for those who do not subscribe to it through cable. Think binge watching and on demand type services.

• Like 1

Does anybody know if the Fire tablet is going to be a lightning deal or an all day deal?  I haven't shopped much on Amazon on Black Friday so not sure how their deals work.  Thanks for your help. 

This will be on sale $34.99 on 11/26 (same price as elsewhere, but maybe more available here?)  It won't be a lightning deal, but more of a price cut for 24 hours.  See the link in Brad's first post in this thread for more info.

• Like 1

Thanks bribri25.  Does Amazon limit the number of Fire Tablets you can buy on Black Friday?

That's a really good question.  I'm going to guess that it won't be a Lightning Deal, which almost always limits the quantity to 1.  Even if it's a Deal of The Day, you're allowed to purchase more than one of those on normal Amazon DOTD, so I don't think this would be any different.  They may end up manually putting a cap on these, but I wouldn't expect it to be 1 or 2; possibly as low as 3.  Since they are selling them Buy 5, get 1 Free right now.....I would guess no limit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know a few people out there are waiting for the Fire @ $35, so I'll pose this question to see what others are thinking:

Sponsored home screen or unsponsored home screen?  These will be for DD5 & DS4 and could very easily click on the sponsored links on the home screen and potentially start purchasing things....or at least getting down that path.  How do others feel about it?  Is it worth $15 to get those removed, or are we just enabling Amazon to continue doing this by paying for it?

I know a few people out there are waiting for the Fire @ $35, so I'll pose this question to see what others are thinking:

Sponsored home screen or unsponsored home screen?  These will be for DD5 & DS4 and could very easily click on the sponsored links on the home screen and potentially start purchasing things....or at least getting down that path.  How do others feel about it?  Is it worth $15 to get those removed, or are we just enabling Amazon to continue doing this by paying for it?

You will be able to place parental controls on the device so that they won't be able to make any purchases without a password.  Hope that helps!

Yes, that makes me feel a little more comfortable.  Will they be able to figure out that to unlock the sponsored screen that you need to push this button and then swipe, etc.?  Or do you have to go to the sponsored link before being able to open an app upon turning on the device?

Yes, that makes me feel a little more comfortable.  Will they be able to figure out that to unlock the sponsored screen that you need to push this button and then swipe, etc.?  Or do you have to go to the sponsored link before being able to open an app upon turning on the device?

When you turn on the device it will show the sponsor ad and there are 2 options on the left it says buy now.... On the right it should say something about open home screen

They will not have to go into the sponsored ad at all.  To be honest, I rarely even notice what the ad is for because I automatically swipe left to open the Kindle (granted, I'm not 5, but I don't think it would be a big deal for them either). If you think about the ads as just the wallpaper on the lock screen, it's less intimidating.  I wouldn't let it worry you.

When you turn on the device it will show the sponsor ad and there are 2 options on the left it says buy now.... On the right it should say something about open home screen

They will not have to go into the sponsored ad at all.  To be honest, I rarely even notice what the ad is for because I automatically swipe left to open the Kindle (granted, I'm not 5, but I don't think it would be a big deal for them either). If you think about the ads as just the wallpaper on the lock screen, it's less intimidating.  I wouldn't let it worry you.

Thanks!  They are perfectly capable of swiping on their Nabi 2 right now, so I'll just think of it as a lock screen wallpaper with an extra button.  They will learn quick when it means waiting for a web site to load vs. going right to their apps/videos. Lol

• Like 1

The Fire Tablet looked interesting, until you have to add another $15 just to remove the ads.  The Tab 4 or Tab A or Tab E look more promising now...

If it helps, the "ads" don't pop up once you open the Kindle. They are just on the lock screen when you turn it on.