Walmart Website for Black Friday shopping?

AuntJamelle

Is anyone else having a terrible time with the Walmart website lately?  I'd like to consider using it for their BF sale this year but I think it might be less stressful to actually face the hordes of...enthusiastic...shoppers!!!   :lmao:

I ordered some clothes for DS last week and I had real trouble getting things in my cart.  Different browsers, cleaning history, etc. did nothing.  Called customer service and was told their site was having "issues".  Finally did enough acrobatics clicking around that I got what I needed, more or less.  What a pain!  

Had similar issues today just trying to browse their site.  I don't remember it being like this last year.

What are others finding? 

I had a problem earlier in the year with a product on sale listed as in stock that I ordered to pick up in the store, but the store said it had been out for several weeks and they had told them to take it off the site. Last year I ordered online for their Black Friday items without problems.

I would be cautious. Walmart online is notorious for mixing up orders, confirming a purchase and then saying it's out of stock days later, etc. Also, you cannot resolve online order problems in a store. They won't even talk to you. Last year they sent me someone else's order and it took me three hours over 2 separate calls to the 800number, plus a visit to the store before I finally gave up on trying to return it to them. Yes, that's right... To give them something back because it wasn't mine and I hadn't paid for it. I finally just gave up because no one at Walmart would help me.

Oh... And they wouldn't honor the Black Friday offer from their ad for an online order made on Black Friday. I bought the xbox one halo bundle that was supposed to come with a gift card. They gave me the game system for the Black Friday price, including the promo game download but refused to honor the gift card. The circular did not say in-stores only like some others retailers print. They admitted to that, but then still refused to honor the promotion.

I would stay away from their website for Black Friday shopping on anything that is important, but that's just based on my experience with them.

Edited by mkplatypus
  • Like 1

I've ordered on BF on their website and never occurred any problems.  Except the one year, that prices were wrongfully put on sale...a couple of my orders went through and a couple were cancelled, but I can't fault them for that! 

It's been my experience, that they only make so many of one item available at a time.  So if it shows out of stock, keep refreshing until it comes back in stock...it usually does later that day. 

I'm having issues today too.  I ordered a Calphalon pan 3 weeks ago and it's now 5 days past the due date for store pick-up.  I've tried to contact customer care as they say and the site keeps going in circles with every link I click.  I have yet to be able to get the form to fill out and email to them.  Guess I'll have to give up the ghost and actually call....

I have had issues with just browsing their site .. getting slowness or there was a problem loading the website error. This happened to me from 2 different computers/laptops from 2 different locations and from my iphone. I noticed the problems last week and it has been ongoing. 

I've been wondering about this too because I usually don't do anything Wal-Mart on BF, but this year Target's ad isn't as great so there are a few things I'm thinking of getting online with then. Good to know that it isn't always a sure thing with them once it's ordered. What about availability of items once the sale goes live online? If I want to get on there as soon as it starts it will be 3 am - not about to do that if things don't start picking up until later.

I refuse to do any serious shopping on walmart site. I'll peruse after I'm back for blurays i may have missed but after staying up all night one year waiting for it to go live and then having to login 10 times only for it to delete my stuff from cart each time, then eventually it had multiples before telling me everything was sold out..no thanks. The following year nothing i wanted was available online and again login issue before whatever miniscule thing showed sold out. Thanksgiving week means little sleep for me, I'm not about to piss myself off and go out in a bad mood on BF because 1 retailer can't get their act together. I'd rather brave the actual store and have something to show for my efforts. Lol, i still have an email from them in response to my complaint and they've done nothing to make the experience any different. If you want something in store don't leave it till Saturday if it can be avoided, depending on the manager they will totally disregard the price while quantities last clearly stated in ad.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't fall for the $35.00 credit to open Walmart credit card when spending $75.00. They send the account number in an email, but don't give the expiration date or code. Without that info, the card cannot be added to use for the order. I called, and they could not give me the exp. date and code. Said they would give the $35.00 credit on the statement on future purchases made after I get the card, which is mailed. Seems as if the $75.00 could actually be $150.00.

Don't fall for the $35.00 credit to open Walmart credit card when spending $75.00. They send the account number in an email, but don't give the expiration date or code. Without that info, the card cannot be added to use for the order. I called, and they could not give me the exp. date and code. Said they would give the $35.00 credit on the statement on future purchases made after I get the card, which is mailed. Seems as if the $75.00 could actually be $150.00.

There are no expiration dates on the WM cards.  When you enter you card number, it goes past that after you click enter.