Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Disney Infinity Help

4 replies to this topic

#1 brynnfromtheblock  OFFLINE  

brynnfromtheblock

I'm not that girl....

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 10, 2015 - 6:25 am

Can someone help me understand the way this works?  My DD11 went to a friends house and played the 2.0 edition and loved it, so we got her that and some characters.  For Christmas she wants some of the Inside Out Characters, which I see are 3.0, so I'm assuming I need the 3.0 disc.  I see a StarWars Starter pack on sale on BF, but she has no interest in any of the StarWars characters.   Is that set the only way to get the 3.0 characters to work correctly?  I know with her 2.0 we got a starter pack that had Sully from Monster's Inc etc which included the disc, but there was a Playpack with Merida from Brave that also included the disc - are there any similar 3.0 packs that have the disc besides the StarWars one?

I think I'll try defying gravity .... and you can't pull me down!!!

Tina

#2 riven3d  OFFLINE  

riven3d

• 2,485 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 10, 2015 - 7:36 am

Only Star Wars for the 3.0 and yes you need it to play with any of the 3.0 figures

#3 Pnambic  OFFLINE  

Pnambic

Can't re-Member

• 2,072 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 11, 2015 - 6:44 pm

It is so annoying how Disney is handling this game - releasing a new one every year and if you want to use the new characters, you have to upgrade to the new game...

So, the basics are:

Disney released Disney Infinity (1.0) before Christmas 2013.

The starter kit came with a couple figures and a base that connected to your game system via USB that you placed your figures on and a base world (playset) to play in.

They sold gazillions of those little figures to go with it and a bunch of add-on playsets.  Placing them on the base made them available in game.

They also sold ability (power) disks that augmented the figures' abilities.

Then they released 2.0 before Christmas 2014.

The same base works with 1.0 and 2.0.

The 1.0 figures work in the 2.0 game.

The 1.0 power disks work in the 2.0 game.

The 1.0 playsets DO NOT work in the 2.0 game.

The 2.0 figures DO NOT work in the 1.0 game.

The 2.0 power disks DO NOT work in the 1.0 game.

The 2.0 playsets DO NOT work in the 1.0 game.

The 2.0 base is interchangeable with the 1.0 base.

While most people bought another starter pack to get 2.0 as it included a new base (good to have a have when kids are playing with it all the time) and a couple figures for a decent price (especially Black Friday adjusted), they also sold just the 2.0 game disk for those people who just wanted the 2.0 game.  $20 I think?

They offered Starter packs with Marvel figures and a starter pack with Stitch and Merida if I recall correctly.

Now they've released 3.0 just before Christmas 2015.

Again, the 1.0 and 2.0 bases still work with the 3.0 game.

The 1.0 figures and 2.0 figures work in the 3.0 game.

The 1.0 power disks and 2.0 power disks work in the 3.0 game.

The 1.0 playsets and 2.0 playsets DO NOT work in the 3.0 game.

The 3.0 figures DO NOT work in the 1.0 or 2.0 games.

The 3.0 power disks DO NOT work in the 1.0 or 2.0 games.

The 3.0 playsets DO NOT work in the 1.0 or 2.0 games.

The 3.0 base is interchangeable with the 1.0 and 2.0 bases.

So far, I have not seen a 3.0 game disk for sale outside of a starter pack (except on EBay).  And the only starter packs I've seen have all been Star Wars ones.  There are other playsets available (Inside Out for example), but not as a starter pack yet.

It should be noted that the new Lego Dimensions (not related to Disney Infinity but similar in concept) game has been very vocal about always being forward and backward compatible in contrast to Disney's infinity system making you buy a new system every year to enjoy the new figures.

Da-shiang bad-tza shr duh lah doo-tze!

#4 brynnfromtheblock  OFFLINE  

brynnfromtheblock

I'm not that girl....

• 1,857 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 15, 2015 - 4:52 pm

Thank you for such a detailed response!!!! That's pretty much what I figured ... I did see though that you can download 3.0 for $20.... Do I miss anything by doing that? The base can be used for any of those right?
I think I'll try defying gravity .... and you can't pull me down!!!

Tina

#5 Pnambic  OFFLINE  

Pnambic

Can't re-Member

• 2,072 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 16, 2015 - 9:10 am

Yep, the base is interchangeable.

They starter pack gets you a couple extra characters at a slight discount.  But if they're characters you're not interested in having, then no discount is really worth it, right?

Da-shiang bad-tza shr duh lah doo-tze!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users