Best Buy Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

And every year the staggering drives us mad lol

Isn't that the truth! One year I had 4 different orders because items a were so slow dropping, and items sell out so fast on Bestbuy.com. Thankfully the shipping was free with no minimum order total. I sat up all night long waiting for the last item. Dh's laptop. I did get everything I wanted.

I'm eyeing that Sony wi-fi Blu-ray player and the Seagate 2TB portable hard drive. Also gotta pick up a PS4 for my roommates as well as start my Blu-ray sci-fi movies collection.

I know Sony, and I trust them, so I would probably lean that way...but the Panasonic blue-ray player is $10 cheaper.  Can you tell me why you would choose the Sony over the Panasonic?

I know Sony, and I trust them, so I would probably lean that way...but the Panasonic blue-ray player is $10 cheaper.  Can you tell me why you would choose the Sony over the Panasonic?

I'd always choose Sony over Panasonic in BD players. They are the long-standing best in the business.  I do feel that Samsung is catching up with them.  My Sony BD player after a year and a half died and we hardly used that one.  The same player I've had for 4 years now is still going strong.  $10 is worth it to me, but I'm also considering the Samsung from other places that have it on sale.

• Like 1

I'd always choose Sony over Panasonic in BD players. They are the long-standing best in the business.  I do feel that Samsung is catching up with them.  My Sony BD player after a year and a half died and we hardly used that one.  The same player I've had for 4 years now is still going strong.  $10 is worth it to me, but I'm also considering the Samsung from other places that have it on sale.

I actually snagged a LG blu ray for $31 dollars this morning on amazon (it was a amazon warehouse deal) $9 cheaper than the panasonic. Every one of my blu ray players is LG now. They have really good quality players that last a long time like Sony.

Isn't that the truth! One year I had 4 different orders because items a were so slow dropping, and items sell out so fast on Bestbuy.com. Thankfully the shipping was free with no minimum order total. I sat up all night long waiting for the last item. Dh's laptop. I did get everything I wanted.

I have to deal with Targets annoying staggering every year so I know your pain. luckily I have two staggering stores to do my online shopping at this year so while I wait for things to go live at Target I will hit Best Buy and vice versa. Pry throw the Staples site in there for good measure too but only if they have free shipping because what I need there is a 1 cent item and not a must have by any means.

Edited by Tigger97498

Hey all just saw on the amazon part of the forum that the 26th they will have the fire tablets for $34.99 same price as Best Buy and the Fire Stick at $24.99 same as Best Buy so if anyone misses out on them at Best Buy you can still get them all Thanksgiving day at Amazon. Love when Amazon price matchs.

• Like 2

I have to deal with Targets annoying staggering every year so I know your pain. luckily I have two staggering stores to do my online shopping at this year so while I wait for things to go live at Target I will hit Best Buy and vice versa. Pry throw the Staples site in there for good measure too but only if they have free shipping because what I need there is a 1 cent item and not a must have by any means.

Ahhh you can always tell an experienced online Black Friday shopper .....I do the same. I always open separate pages at bb for each item I want (that's usually where all my must haves are) so I can just keep clicking a different page (item) between browsing different sites. That makes checkout when an item drops much quicker. It helps the time go by for sure.

What time do the BF sales using go live online?

Differs by retailer, their headquarters location, and when the site actually gets around to doing it...  Usually midnight is a good frame of reference; sometimes earlier, very often later.  The forums will be here to keep you informed when the time comes.

• Like 1

What time do the BF sales using go live online?

In my past experience, Bestbuy starts to drop their prices (very slowly) around 12:00 am est. If you want a lot of items from them, prepare for a long night because we're not kidding when we stay they stagger them slowly. Another tip from past experience.... when big items drop the site often goes down, and/or moves so slow it's hard to get through checkout. If you have trouble with checkout, make sure you put what you need in your cart while logged in (on computer or tablet you are shopping from), then log in from your cell phone and complete the purchase. That was the only way I could get through checkout last year with my iPad Air 2. Not sure why the cellphone worked so well, but after struggling with my computer for a good 10 minutes, I tried my phone and it went straight through.

• Like 1

I never shop BB on BF...hard difficult would it be to get the Toshiba tv priced at $149??  Thinking about upgrading my tv in the bedroom...eyes are too bad for a 32"! 

I will field this one. That Toshiba TV for $149.99 is an in-store only deal. So if you don't mind lining up anywhere from 8 to 12 hours prior to the store opening, possibly even much longer than that depending where you live then no getting that TV wouldn't be hard. About 2 hours before the store would open BB employees would come out and give out tickets for that TV and other deals. You simply take that ticket go towards the right check out line in the store, pay for your TV and enjoy your day. They may have drive around back to pick up the TV but that's not hard.

I've been reading in this thread that BB drops their prices all night long slowly. Does this mean that one item for instance will get cheaper and cheaper as the night goes on or does it mean that some items will be on sale then another item goes on sale and etc. Someone please explain for me. 

I've been reading in this thread that BB drops their prices all night long slowly. Does this mean that one item for instance will get cheaper and cheaper as the night goes on or does it mean that some items will be on sale then another item goes on sale and etc. Someone please explain for me. 

It means they don't change the prices on all items at the same time. So (hypothetical example only) while the TV you want might get tagged with its sale price at midnight, you might have to wait another couple of hours before that laptop you're eyeing gets tagged with its BF price.

Wittenlover described it perfectly. Here's a tip: shipping is free so checkout as each item drops. If you wait on your whole list to drop before checkout, some items will probably sell out before everything drops.

• Like 1

Well im hoping since the tablets are one of the more major items they get changed first. My luck printer will pry be 8 am and i will never get to go to sleep lol!!!

Which tablet you after? The iPad's were one of the last things to drop last year..... Not sure about the others.

I'll be waiting on the Nikon L840 camera bundle myself. Not a doorbuster (thankfully!) but still a pretty darn good deal on a camera I've been looking into for several months. It's an upgrade from what I have and, since one of my best friends already has this model, I've seen the quality of pictures I can get with it first hand. (Bonus!) Just hope I'm not up all night waiting for it!!! lol

Wittenlover described it perfectly. Here's a tip: shipping is free so checkout as each item drops. If you wait on your whole list to drop before checkout, some items will probably sell out before everything drops.

:gdiagree:  I'll just second this and clarify that "MANY items WILL DEFINITELY sell out before everything drops.".  Take Kim's suggestion.  If the price has dropped,

• Add to Cart
  • Checkout
  • Place order

Rinse & Repeat.   :stir:

• Like 1

Which tablet you after? The iPad's were one of the last things to drop last year..... Not sure about the others.

the fire I need to pick up two of them. Its on the front page so I have high hopes for a early price drop lol. Luckily its totally free shipping so I don't have to wait for a bunch of stuff to change over I can add to cart checkout wait and repeat Edited by Tigger97498
  • Like 1

:gdiagree:  I'll just second this and clarify that "MANY items WILL DEFINITELY sell out before everything drops.".  Take Kim's suggestion.  If the price has dropped,

• Add to Cart
  • Checkout
  • Place order
Rinse & Repeat.   :stir:

Yes, you definitely have to be quick! Especially for the deeper discounts, and big tech items. And if the site slows and/or goes down, use your cellphone to complete the purchase. It worked like a charm for me last year. If you call the customer service number, it will probably sell out before they get to you......

Fantastic tip on the phone never thought of it is that with the best buy app or in browser?

I used the browser. I didn't have the app on my phone and didn't think it would be wise to take the time to download it at that moment. Prob wouldn't be a bad idea to have the app already on your phone in case you need it though. It would prob be a little easier. Btw.....Amazon will have the kindle fire for the same price of $34.99. Might be easier to get it there and not have to set up for it. I believe it will be November 26th.

I've used the app before as well, but yes download ahead of time (e.g. from 10pm til midnight while waiting for the sale to go live instead of actually sleeping) rather than in the heat of the moment.  And of course get yourself logged in and all the good jazz.

I'm using the Amazon one as a backup p!an if I miss best buy. Downloading bb app tonight

At least you know if you miss it Amazon will have it. Id say it won't be quite as popular on bb since Amazon will have it too. Not a bad idea on downloading app. I use it every time I order something from there now. If you've got a lot to order from bb it also makes it easier to open a separate page for each item to keep a close eye for when they start dropping. I constantly refresh those pages. Of course opening separate pages would have to be done in a browser. I'm usually on my laptop, iPad and phone. Gotta multitask that night.

Edited by Kim3498