Walgreens Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

Disappointed that there are almost no "free after rebate or points" deals in this ad, as in the past.  The only two are on the last page: 

- Oral B toothbrush or Pro-Health or 3D White mouthwash

- Scunci Hair Elastics (good stocking stuffers for girls)

I recall last year finding out too late that there had been a bunch of "free after points" items in the "regular weekly ad" that covered the Sunday through Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  I think it was at Walgreens.  So I will be checking for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering that as well. In the past, I've gone at midnight and been able to get the sale prices. But it seems this year, the 8am opening time is much more prominent in the ad.

I'll be going tonight at midnight, so I'll let you know!

Ty.  I tried to ask the store today and both people working had no idea. It was their first Black Friday. 

Back from Walgreens. Sale was live at midnight. It was a little hard though, always is. They always have trouble with the iTunes/GC deal, and this year was no exception. Bad when the manager says, oh I remember we had this issue with you last year, at this same register! Anyhow, apparently they have a new policy where all gift cards have to be paid with cash. So I just got cash back from 2 transactions. And those online coupons were a little confusing, but all worked out. And a few offers gave points instead of register rewards, so that threw me off a little. But all in all a successful trip.

Edited by bluebear

Back from Walgreens. Sale was live at midnight. It was a little hard though, always is. They always have trouble with the iTunes/GC deal, and this year was no exception. Bad when the manager says, oh I remember we had this issue with you last year, at this same register! Anyhow, apparently they have a new policy where all gift cards have to be paid with cash. So I just got cash back from 2 transactions. And those online coupons were a little confusing, but all worked out. And a few offers gave points instead of register rewards, so that threw me off a little. But all in all a successful trip.

Did you get the pony tail ties that were a $3 RR? Did that print or no? Ty so much for posting to let me know.  I may have to head out now  lol

Edited by elena_398

Did you get the pony tail ties that were a $3 RR? Did that print or no? Ty so much for posting to let me know.  I may have to head out now  lol

Yes, that worked perfectly!

The only real trouble I had was the GC with iTunes, and that was partly my fault, partly cashier.  I warned her it was hard, but she jus tweet right through with transaction.

Key is: Bring the WHITE walgreens gift card to the register with you. They scan it in for $10, then it comes off.  Maybe next year I'll remember!!

• Like 1

Went to my 24 hour walgreens  in the middle of the night.....Got everything done there (no problems at all which made me so happy! ). Then went to my 24 hour Rite Aid and got that done. Came back home for a couple hours. Then left the house by 6

am for Big Lots, Dollar General, etc.  Was home prepping Thanks giving dinner by 8 am. Good times.

• Like 1