Black Friday Survival Kit

arci122

Depends on how long you're "surviving" and the weather. If you're camping vs doing the Thu evening through Fri lunch vs just the night of Thu and then sleeping and getting up again for Fri.

Can you really not survive without the hair brush? :P

Survive, yes, but do like to run a brush through before I sit down to eat after hours of shopping!   :gd_soapbo:gdlol:

Mine is:

Wallet (obviously)

Chapstick

Bottle of water (I always have one in my purse-my kids call it my Purse Water)

iPhone with lists and ad scans/screen shots on it

In my van:

Phone charger

Paper ads

Coffee cup for refills

Warm layers to put on/take off as needed

Xmas music

Box of crackers

Headache medicine

• Like 2

Seeing as I'm usually only out for a few hours on Friday morning, I don't really do a "survival kit". I do typically take a bottle of water with me when I head out and then grab a drink of either the "hot cocoa" or "cold & fizzy" variety when all is said and done, though. :)

Edited by wittenlover

I don't "camp" out but I do line up usually about 24 hours prior to the store opening. I bring a chair, blankets, bottled drinks, a snack (usually trail mix or similar), warm clothes (gloves, etc.), my iPod full of music to last me through the night, extra clothes (in case something happens), my iPad loaded with all the ads and my shopping list, and, obviously, money/cards to pay for everything.

EDIT - Might bring a game or two, but with the cold weather of the northeast, the winds, and wearing gloves it can be hard to enjoy a game.

Edited by DaFees
  • Like 1

I just stick to a very basic list of wallet, chapstick, hand warmers, and I always have a bunch of those little candy canes and some chocolates in my jacket pocket. I like to give them to cashiers and fellow shoppers to keep everyone in a good mood. 

• Like 2

My typical Black Friday kit includes:

Badge Lanyard - With Plastic Case for holding drivers license and debit card

Shopping List/Copy of Ads

Chapstick

Coffee Travel Mug to get me started - with a trip through Starbucks at some point!!!

Bottled Water and Crackers/Granola bars in the car

Blanket in car to throw over any larger items that I want to keep out of site

• Like 1

I got the lanyard idea on these boards years ago :)  Love it!  Since I'm wearing layers it is a great way to have what I need to pay for things kept secure without carrying a purse or worrying about it falling out of a pocket!

We're in NW Indiana and the weather is probably going to be pretty cold too!  I keep extra blankets in the car period but I don't have a trunk, it's an small SUV style - and the windows are tinted pretty good - but it doesn't hurt to use a little extra caution!

• Like 1