Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Camera HELP!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Deal Grabber  OFFLINE  

Deal Grabber

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 7, 2015 - 8:15 am

I bought this camera for my DH 2 yrs ago and its a great camera and she loves it;

http://www.amazon.co...ailpage_o00_s00

was thinking of getting her a better one this yr, what does one think of this one?

http://www.kohls.com...on eos rebel t5

now ik they are diff cameras but exactly how much better is the kohls canon from the one i got her yrs ago? Would the diff in the 2 even be noticable enough to to justify spending $400? Ik nothing about cameras. Thxs for any input anyone has :)

Ohhh another day another deal!!!

#2 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,179 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 7, 2015 - 10:56 am

The first is a bridge camera.

The second is a full DSLR.

If she is really into photography, wants to shoot more in manual and have different lenses then the t5 would work. But I wouldn't buy it from Kohls. Look around and see if you can find a better bundle deal with more lenses. 

GO BRUINS!

#3 Deal Grabber  OFFLINE  

Deal Grabber

• 1,841 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 7, 2015 - 3:28 pm

The first is a bridge camera.

The second is a full DSLR.

If she is really into photography, wants to shoot more in manual and have different lenses then the t5 would work. But I wouldn't buy it from Kohls. Look around and see if you can find a better bundle deal with more lenses. 

One from Kohls isnt a good deal? I figured with $120 bk in kohls cash it was a descent deal

#4 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,179 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 7, 2015 - 4:21 pm

Whoops my bad, I didn't see the second lens in the link. It's the same deal as the one running at Best Buy right now.

Also, is size a concern? DSLRs are much larger.  

Is the camera better? It all depends on how she will use it. If she will just keep it in auto and never use the other features, eh.

GO BRUINS!

#5 Deal Grabber  OFFLINE  

Deal Grabber

• 1,841 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 7, 2015 - 5:16 pm

Whoops my bad, I didn't see the second lens in the link. It's the same deal as the one running at Best Buy right now.

Also, is size a concern? DSLRs are much larger.  

Is the camera better? It all depends on how she will use it. If she will just keep it in auto and never use the other features, eh.

Larger as in heavier? She uses it to take videos and random pics, i guess my question was is it worth the money.lol Im gonna check out BB for their sale.thxs

#6 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,755 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 7, 2015 - 5:25 pm

I have a 5 year old Canon Rebel. It is pretty big and clunky and heavy. It doesn't go in your purse. Mine does not take video. I see this one does though, so that's cool. When I got it, I had every intention of learning how to use all the cool features of a DSLR. I still use it as a point and shoot. I would recommend going by a Best Buy and looking at the camera in person first.
It does take really good pictures though. :)

Edited by bluebear, Nov 7, 2015 - 5:27 pm.

#7 Deal Grabber  OFFLINE  

Deal Grabber

• 1,841 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 7, 2015 - 6:37 pm

Ok what is dslr mean? Point n shoot means focus and take pic?told yall im clueless.lol

#8 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,179 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 7, 2015 - 9:17 pm

No, a DSLR means "Digital Single Lens Reflex." Will it take better pictures? Yes. But the tradeoffs are cost and size.

It will not fit in her purse (this version.)  It is larger, body wise, and weight wise. It will NOT fit in a pocket.

If you want a camera to act as a point and shoot, do not buy a DSLR. It's not worth your money. Buy a better P&S (any camera out there that doesn't let you manually change the settings before you take the photo), buy a mirrorless camera, don't buy the DSLR.  There are fantastic pocket sized cameras that take great pictures, even in low light, and have some manual features. I have a Canon S110 (workhorse for me), or look at the Sony RX cameras.

(I also would rather get the t5i, not the t5, but that's me. I like more features.)

GO BRUINS!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users