Watmart Price Match question?

Dylansmommy

Is this the correct place to post this?

Does Walmart price match their own online prices?  In the past, I was told no because they don't compete with themselves.

Today, I was in the store and the online price was $15 cheaper than the store price.  I bought in on my phone and waited for the alert Site to Store alert.  The woman told me I could price match.  So I got the item, cancelled the online order, but when I checked out in electronics, I was told that they didn't price match.  I manager didn't know either...one said yes, the other said no.

I bought it again on my phone and am waiting for the Site to Store alert.

Yes. Its a policy they implemented last year.  Here is their exact policy from their coorperate site. (edited to add the link: http://corporate.walmart.com/policies )

Online Price Match Policy

We’re committed to providing low prices every day, on everything. So if you find a current lower price from an online retailer on an identical, in-stock product, tell us and we’ll match it.

The following are guidelines and limitations:

• The prices on Walmart.com and online retailers* will be matched
  • Our customers must provide the online price and retailer
  • The item must be currently in-stock at the online retailer’s website at the time the request for the price match is made
  • The item must be sold and fulfilled by online retailers listed below*
  • We reserve the right to verify the price of the identical, in-stock item at the online retailer’s website (i.e., size, model, quantity, brand, color)
  • We will limit quantities to one-per-customer, per item, per day**

How to match an in-store purchase to an online price:

• Request the price match right at the register
  • The Store Management has the final decision for matching an online price

How to match a Walmart.com purchase to an online competitor:

• Contact Walmart.com Customer Care at http://help.walmart.com prior to placing your order on Walmart.com
  • The Customer Care Agent has the final decision for matching an online price

We do not honor:

• Prices from marketplace and third-party sellers.
  • Prices from auctions or requiring memberships
  • Prices that cannot be determined independent of other items, e.g., fees, shipping charges
  • Percent off or dollar off if the item's price cannot be determined independent of other items, fees or charges
  • Bundle offers, Instant Rebates, Mail-in Offers, Offers that include financing
  • Prices that require minimum quantity purchases
  • Clearance, Close out, Liquidation, Special Hour/Flash/Limited Quantity offers
  • Damaged, Used or Refurbished items
  • Misprinted or inaccurate prices
  • Online price match is not available in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico for in store purchases
  • We will not offer rain-checks for items that are not currently in-stock in our store or Walmart.com
  • Online price match is not available for Walmart One Hour Guarantee Items
  • Walmart.com will not price match on behalf of Walmart Marketplace Retailers to other online competitors
  • Walmart.com will not price match items purchased on Walmart.com between Thanksgiving and Cyber-Monday 

*Online retailers are limited to: Academy.com, Amazon.com, Autozone.com, Babiesrus.com, Basspro.com, Bedbathandbeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, Cabelas.com, Dickssportinggoods.com, Dollargeneral.com, Familydollar.com, Homedepot.com, Jcpenney.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Lowes.com, Michaels.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Oreillyauto.com, Pepboys.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Sears.com, SportsAuthority.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, Toysrus.com, Walgreens.com, Walmart.com

**Quantities are not limited in New Mexico except when purchases are made for the purpose of reselling merchandise

Walmart reserves the right to update or modify the terms of this Policy at any time

Edited by Spotted1

Well, I was up at my local WM this morning because I had placed a video game order for Site to Store and never got a "come and get it" text or email, so I figured I would stop in to see what was up. Turns out my order was stuck in processing and no one could do anything with it! Well luckily all my games were in stock, so we cancelled the online order and they price matched all of them to Walmart.com's prices, which I would have just gone and done in the first place had I realized they did that now! I remember it used to be a rule that you couldn't do that, and I hadn't realized it changed. I'll just stick to that from now on instead of the site to store fiasco. Now I have to wait for the charges to drop off from the online order, so as of right now I've technically paid for those games twice. Tis the season! Lol
  • Like 1

That sucks if the mgt ultimately has the final say.  I mean their getting your money regardless so why not just price match it with their online price and sell the dang item!  Its a win win for walmart.  LOL!!  I've only been told once by my local walmart that they don't price match with their online prices but that was a few years ago when it first came out about price matching.  I've bought a couple of other items since then and they've priced match.

I'm having the opposite problem. The online price is $10 more than the store price, but none of the stores have the bike I need. One store said to order it and do the price match when I pick it up, 3 others plus my sister that is a Walmart employee said that they can't do that. It is the perfect gift for someone so I guess I have to pay extra, but it ticks me off that each store said the other stores had several in stock and then there are none when I get there. 

I'm having the opposite problem. The online price is $10 more than the store price, but none of the stores have the bike I need. One store said to order it and do the price match when I pick it up, 3 others plus my sister that is a Walmart employee said that they can't do that. It is the perfect gift for someone so I guess I have to pay extra, but it ticks me off that each store said the other stores had several in stock and then there are none when I get there. 

it says to PM online to call Customer Service and they will do it, just dont know how it works from there