Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Indoor HDTV Antenna Deals

4 replies to this topic

#1 Khobbs1  OFFLINE  

Khobbs1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 29, 2015 - 4:24 am

I'm looking for an indoor hdtv antenna, looking at cutting the cord.  i have done a bit of research and found a few that might work.  Need a 50 mile range as i'm not close to a tower.  Looking at a mohu, amazon basics and 1byone.  Would love to find a good deal. 

I have done some preliminary testing with just a wire clothes hanger and found reception to be spotty at best, but think with a more permanent solution this would work well.

I am aware of kodi, have fire stick, apple tv and chromecast.  So far, I like the fire stick best, it is portable, user friendly, prime instant video and sideloading is simple.

TIA

#2 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 29, 2015 - 7:21 am

Good luck getting 50 miles out of an indoor antenna.  You probably need one in the attic or on the roof.  First thing you want to do is run off to tvfool.com and run a report for your address and agl.  post a link here and we can discuss intelligently.

#3 Khobbs1  OFFLINE  

Khobbs1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 29, 2015 - 8:53 am

thanks for that response, been there done that.  ran the tvfool tool prior to doing any testing, if i wasn't able to get the channels i really wanted, there was no point in moving forwad.   based on the tvfool results, i did receive 50 ota channels with the coat hanger, hahaha.  i do anticipate placing in attic and i'm looking to move forward with a more permanent/stable solution.  which is why i'm asking for thoughts/suggestions deals, on an antenna.

i do have a coax amplifier in the attic right now, which is where i want it to be as the long term solution.  i thought i could get some additional input, that might be more on my level of intelligence.  http://www.tvfool.co...=8e034240f22ad2

thanks for the suggestion

#4 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 29, 2015 - 10:14 am

The report you linked is very favorable -- at least down to wkrc.  All uhf too.  The stations are in a couple directions, but strong enough that a multi-directional antenna will likely get the job done.  The worst case scenario is 30 miles not 50.  That's attainable given LOS.  

Mohu Leaf Ultimate (UHF) would be a nice antenna for you.

#5 Khobbs1  OFFLINE  

Khobbs1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 29, 2015 - 10:41 am

The report you linked is very favorable -- at least down to wkrc.  All uhf too.  The stations are in a couple directions, but strong enough that a multi-directional antenna will likely get the job done.  The worst case scenario is 30 miles not 50.  That's attainable given LOS.  

Mohu Leaf Ultimate (UHF) would be a nice antenna for you.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I was looking at that one used and the newer model of it.  I was going for the 50 mile range, just to make sure it covered the 30, with wind and storms and terrain, hahaha.

Now, just hoping for a good deal, i'm a cheapskate, hahaha.  looking for the best deal i can find and hope some sales on bf.  it's not a normal bf big ticket item, but hey, i can only hope.

thanks again

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users