Who uses a christmas planner?

colemandawn4905

Several years ago Hallmark (the store) had a planner. It had a stocking on the front and i loved it. I used it for several years. I still have it and have addresses in it. I wish i could find another like it. I did print out several pages i found online and added them to a binder for a Christmas planner but its a big binder. the Hallmark one was small and fit in my purse (i carry a bigger purse). lol Does anyone else use a planner? Where did you get it? 

• Like 1

I'm sorry I missed that Hallmark planner. I make my own planner every year from notebook paper, a folder, and colored sharpies. It doesn't fit in my purse, but I bring it along and leave it in the car for reference during my Christmas shopping trips.
  • Like 1

I'm not sure I know what a Christmas planner is, but sounds cool!

I have a small 5x7 notebook that I write every gift for the kids down in, sometimes $$amount, and whether it is from me or Santa, stocking, and whether I've wrapped it. Done this since they were little, youngest is 16 now, so probably about 14 years. I'm on my 2nd notebook.

Several years back, the notebook was getting full, so I tore out the old pages and threw them away. The next day I realized what I had done! But it was too late, trash was gone. Still makes me sad. :(

I'm not sure I know what a Christmas planner is, but sounds cool!

I have a small 5x7 notebook that I write every gift for the kids down in, sometimes $$amount, and whether it is from me or Santa, stocking, and whether I've wrapped it. Done this since they were little, youngest is 16 now, so probably about 14 years. I'm on my 2nd notebook.

Several years back, the notebook was getting full, so I tore out the old pages and threw them away. The next day I realized what I had done! But it was too late, trash was gone. Still makes me sad. :(

The one i had i still use but only for reference. I made the new one and have tons of stuff in it like favorite movies to watch, recipes, etc

I didn't know there was such a thing as a Christmas Planner, but would love to have one.  It sure would make it a lot easier for me since I buy for so many people.  What all is even in one?  I need to google this! LOL!

• Like 1

I didn't know there was such a thing as a Christmas Planner, but would love to have one.  It sure would make it a lot easier for me since I buy for so many people.  What all is even in one?  I need to google this! LOL!

I printed pages online for mine. Mine has pages for stocking stuffers, gifts, black friday, recipes, addresses for chirstmas cards, things to buy for the house etc..there are so many pages on different sites

• Like 1

I have used a Christmas planner for years. Started as a Binder, grew to a BIGGER binder, then I downsized to a composition book.

This year I am attempting to just use a spreadsheet. I'm on the computer more than anything and it will do all the budgetting for me. And then I'll just use an envelope and small notebook for lists to take to stores and to store receipts.

• Like 1

I use a spreadsheet AND a  notebook.  I would love to use one or the other but I find I forget to print/email myself the spreadsheet and then I'm in the store without a list!!  I would love a comprehensive planner that would include recipes, budgets, etc.  Off to Google.

My planner consist of a piece of notebook paper n a pen, DD name on one side, DS name on the other, i write down what i buy. When i have equal gifts and the tree is full i quit. I do family usually in one day, will go to major department store and start with a name and checkout when last name is called. Very easy, i dedicate most of my time decorating or baking and spending time with family. Worse case if i forget a gift cash is always good :)

I've tried to do a Christmas planner or binder in the past but I just don't keep it updated.  My Christmas planner is my thumb drive!  I have a large variety of Word files and Excel spreadsheets I use to plan and organize everything each year.  I have a Christmas CURRENT folder that my living breathing stuff for that year lives.  At the end of year I save all the documents to a Christmas Past folder named for that year, i.e. 2014.  I have Christmas Past folders going back to 2004 at this point.  :)

I prefer it because I can go back and look at all of my planning and notes and gifts given for previous years.  Very helpful!

I print out shopping lists, etc. as needed and put them in my purse.  But then I always update the copies via the computer.  I plan everything - I found the site Organized Christmas years ago and they were a big influence on my planning style.  I start early and plan EVERYTHING - gift lists, grocery lists (broken down by when I need what for every holiday from Halloween to New Years), events to attend, decor plans, etc.

That all being said - if a hard copy Christmas Planner appeals to you there are some really beautiful ones out there.   Some folks just take to the kind of thing you can hold in your hand and write on better than typing on a keyboard - totally get that!

• Like 1

I've tried to do a Christmas planner or binder in the past but I just don't keep it updated.  My Christmas planner is my thumb drive!  I have a large variety of Word files and Excel spreadsheets I use to plan and organize everything each year.  I have a Christmas CURRENT folder that my living breathing stuff for that year lives.  At the end of year I save all the documents to a Christmas Past folder named for that year, i.e. 2014.  I have Christmas Past folders going back to 2004 at this point.   :)

I prefer it because I can go back and look at all of my planning and notes and gifts given for previous years.  Very helpful!

I print out shopping lists, etc. as needed and put them in my purse.  But then I always update the copies via the computer.  I plan everything - I found the site Organized Christmas years ago and they were a big influence on my planning style.  I start early and plan EVERYTHING - gift lists, grocery lists (broken down by when I need what for every holiday from Halloween to New Years), events to attend, decor plans, etc.

That all being said - if a hard copy Christmas Planner appeals to you there are some really beautiful ones out there.   Some folks just take to the kind of thing you can hold in your hand and write on better than typing on a keyboard - totally get that!

I keep everything saved electronically as well. I have my Christmas lists back to 2003.  I love being able to look back and see what I got the kids (and what I spent) as they got older and older.  I used to email it back and forth from my home computer to my work computer, so if something happened to one I always had it backed up on another.  Now, I keep it in Dropbox so it's on their server and I can access it anywhere.

I keep everything saved electronically as well. I have my Christmas lists back to 2003.  I love being able to look back and see what I got the kids (and what I spent) as they got older and older.  I used to email it back and forth from my home computer to my work computer, so if something happened to one I always had it backed up on another.  Now, I keep it in Dropbox so it's on their server and I can access it anywhere.

This is what I do now and it never fails that I forget to email the latest version.  Didn't think of Dropbox - thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

i also didnt know of such a thing... but i make 2 pages a year.. 1 has ppl who live here.. and the items they are getting as well as the price.. so i keep both the price and number of items close.. ( this takes some extra doing towards the end...or additional gift cards to even things out..

and the second paper for family and people who dont live here.. and it just lists what they are getting and who.. in hopes of making sure i dont forget someone.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used a planner for years, also from Organized Christmas!  For the past few years I've switched to using OneNote on my iPad mini/iPhone.  I have one notebook for household items (window sizes, room sizes, etc), and others for Christmas lists, ideas, etc.  I like that I can easily add websites to it, to refer back to later.  It's like a cross between Pinterest and a diary.  And bonus: no one in my house can get into it and see what I'm getting them (that happened once with my paper planner).