Who is ready to decorate? When will you start decorating?

colemandawn4905

I'm so ready. The Hallmark movie channel will start their movies Friday so that makes me more in the mood. I do not really celebrate Halloween as the kids do not trick or treat n I live in the country so we do not get trick or treaters. I do decorate for fall but i'm getting so excited to see the tree and the lights. I usually decorate the first week in November, When the kids got to be in jr high and high school and no longer believed in Santa i started decorating in early November because they kept me busy with cheering, basketball, and wrestling so I did it then so I could get a start on the holiday without always being stressed out, Now i just love to relax with the tree up. (even though i have 3 pencil trees i keep up and decorated for the seasons all year) lol

• Like 1

I won't decorate until the weekend after Thanksgiving, but that doesn't mean I don't want to now! LOL.  I bought a new shelf for my living room, for the sole purpose of putting my Christmas village on it. I've slowly added non-Christmas knick knacks to it, but it's still a little bare :). I can't wait to see what my village looks like this year though and I've been tempted to drag the boxes out and set it all up.

I'm ready now.may put lights up the beginning of November before the weather gets bad but won't do the majority of it until the week of thanksgiving.i do have my dinning room hutch with the snowman mugs and Santa cookie jar still out from 2 years ago.

I would love to start decorating, but not going to b/c my house is decorated so cute for the fall/thanksgiving.  I got a lot of great ideas from Pintrest this year and I love all that I've got put out.  I'll decorate for Christmas the day after black Friday.

• Like 1

I'm totally ready, but I don't usually decorate until the week of Thanksgiving. I like to have my decorations up for when my son comes home from college and for my guest at Thanksgiving dinner, not to mention my other children get anxious for me to start decorating around this time also. Edited by love2behappy

I have fall decor up now and that will stay until Thanksgiving...Christmas decorations will go up the weekend after Thanksgiving. Our outside lights stay up so we only have to put out the trees, garland, and various inflatables. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and it won't be too hard setting everything up.

I'll probably start decorating in the next couple weeks. I put up my Halloween/Thanksgiving decorations in early September so I can enjoy them because I know I'll never be able to wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate. Lol. I like my house to feel like Christmas after I get home from Black Friday shopping so I decorate early.
  • Like 1

When I was a kid, my parents refused to go black Friday shopping. (They hate crowds.) So the day after Thanksgiving we'd get out the tree and spend the day listening to my mom's collection of Christmas CDs and putting up the tree, and other decorations. Now I go out and shop BF so now I decorate the weekend after BF. I'd start before then but if my mom sees Christmas decorations out before Thanksgiving she kinda freaks out. Doesn't mean that some don't go up in my room though, since she doesn't go into my section of the house. ;)

I'm actually working on a new lighting controller made from a raspberry pi. I hope to have it completed in the next couple of weeks. We will start our decorating BF weekend. Hope to be able to have that ready and working and set everything else up.

This is our first year in our new house and I can't wait to start decorating! I'm trying to make myself wait until the weekend after Thanksgiving, but the season is so short and Christmas is my favorite!

Its our first year in a new house too. I cant wait to decorate. I already re arranged the furniture lol

• Like 1

I want to decorate this week!!!!!  It's 70 degrees here this week. Likely starting next week it'll never hit 50 again this year, and inevitably be sub 20 degrees by the time I get the chance to put them up...

Yeah, of course there's indoor decorations, but those are easier to do when you can just close the door to the outside ;)

I want to decorate this week!!!!! It's 70 degrees here this week. Likely starting next week it'll never hit 50 again this year, and inevitably be sub 20 degrees by the time I get the chance to put them up...

Yeah, of course there's indoor decorations, but those are easier to do when you can just close the door to the outside ;)

We're in the 70's here in South Jersey this week as well. When I told DH that I wanted to start the outside (multiple inflatables) he looked at me like I had 2 heads, lol. Next week looks to be in the 60's and I really want to take advantage of this string of nice weather.

I always want to decorate early but fear of what my neighbors might think prevents me from doin it. I usually do inside weekend before Thanksgiving and outside weekend after. But this yr with a recent death in the family im doin it next week, Just need some happy spirit in the home and hell with the neighbors.lol

• Like 2

Bleh, I didn't decorate for Halloween, and haven't decorated for fall/Thanksgiving. I've just got a bad attitude this year. I hope I get over it, because I like my house decorated. But no one will see it except husband and son, and other son for the few days he's home from school. We won't have any visitors. :(

But I usually put everything out the weekend after Thanksgiving. So I still have time to get my good attitude back.

Edited by bluebear

We started putting up our outdoor Xmas lights on the trees this past wknd; we want to take full advantage of the unseasonably warm weather we are having here in PA! Will hopefully get it all done by this coming weekend

Ya it was like 75 here yesterday. Not the kind of weather that makes me think fall lol. I got new Christmas Lighting computer all setup and got the relays working. Now I just have to build the receptacle's and get it all put in a weatherproof box and I should be ready to start putting up the lights and having the show ready. I grabbed a few of the Trans Siberian Orchestra songs now I just need to find some more songs to have it play. I need them in MP3 format. Any suggestions for songs people would like to hear and see in a Christmas light display?

We took all the outside Halloween stuff down on Sunday. I put the inside Halloween stuff away on Monday.

We have a few things outside for Thanksgiving. An inflatable turkey, a male and female pilgrim blow mold, and a turkey blow mold. Nothing on the inside though.

Probably won't do Christmas decorations until Thanksgiving weekend.

We took all the outside Halloween stuff down on Sunday. I put the inside Halloween stuff away on Monday.

We have a few things outside for Thanksgiving. An inflatable turkey, a male and female pilgrim blow mold, and a turkey blow mold. Nothing on the inside though.

Probably won't do Christmas decorations until Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm thinking about adding a turkey inflatable to our yard! Where did you get yours? The only one I've seen so far is 6-feet and I'm not certain I want the turkey to be that large.

We took down all the Halloween stuff on Sunday and put all the turkeys and pilgrims out! The house is all ready for Thanksgiving. My husband will do the outdoor xmas lights over the next couple weekends, but we don't light up until Thanksgiving night. And then the Saturday after Thanksgiving we'll do the trees and indoor stuff. I'm looking for some new outdoor yard guys this year, our lighted reindeer finally crapped out for good, so I'm thinking of replacing them with something weird like a dinosaur in a Santa hat or something like that. We need some new stuff here.

I'm thinking about adding a turkey inflatable to our yard! Where did you get yours? The only one I've seen so far is 6-feet and I'm not certain I want the turkey to be that large.

We took down all the Halloween stuff on Sunday and put all the turkeys and pilgrims out! The house is all ready for Thanksgiving. My husband will do the outdoor xmas lights over the next couple weekends, but we don't light up until Thanksgiving night. And then the Saturday after Thanksgiving we'll do the trees and indoor stuff. I'm looking for some new outdoor yard guys this year, our lighted reindeer finally crapped out for good, so I'm thinking of replacing them with something weird like a dinosaur in a Santa hat or something like that. We need some new stuff here.

I think it came from Walgreens a few years ago. 6 feet isn't really that big when it's sitting in front of  a house.