Do you collect ornaments?

Elmck

It was a family tradition for each child to pick an ornament each year and his or her initials and the year were added to them, this filled our tree with wonderful memories of years past. Since all the kids are now grown and moved out, everyone tries to get me a unique moose ornament each year. :)

I love Flamingos and Santa clauses, I know, strange but true.  My dad played Santa Claus from before I was born until shortly before his passing at age 70.... He was Santa Claus.... And I just love Flamingos.  Thinking of starting steampunk collections as well and also Harry Potter, my other 2 loves.... 

We collect ornaments from everywhere we go and are always adding new ones each year.

Also, my dad gets me the annual collectible Clemson University ornament every year (~13 years now). We put all those on our Clemson tree with orange/purple lights, all Clemson/sports themed ornaments and purple beads.  GO TIGERS!!!!!

• Like 3

We collect ornaments from everywhere we go and are always adding new ones each year.

Also, my dad gets me the annual collectible Clemson University ornament every year (~13 years now). We put all those on our Clemson tree with orange/purple lights, all Clemson/sports themed ornaments and purple beads.  GO TIGERS!!!!!

What a cool idea-I would love a sports themed tree!

Frosty Friends from Hallmark, every year since I was a child. Once i buy it, it feels like the holidays can begin. :)

My sister has every one of those too!  Those early ones are worth lots of money these days.  I wish I had the whole series but for some reason my grandmother didn't start me on those ornaments.  I got Betsey Clarke ones instead, which they no longer have.  

I decorate in gingerbread and candy, but I'm not sure I would say I collect them. Although a couple people do pick up neat ornaments for me from time to time, like gingerbread Mickey mouse ears, which I appreciate! :)

My grandfather got my daughter a silver bell from Service Merchandise for her first Christmas, and I kept that up until she was 21 (although not from there!) The boys were harder to keep up a tradition. We've done some hot wheels and also nutcrackers, but nothing consistent for them.

Grandson is about to have his first Christmas. Trying to think of a good tradition for him....

Yes, I collect ornaments.  I have a very large collection of antique and vintage ornaments.

For my tree I put a frame ornament with a photo of my sons on the tree for each year - this is my 21st year.

I have a tree full of ornaments from places I've been and things that are memories for me and my family.

Sometimes I display my antique ornaments at a local museum and fill about 10 trees.

I used to collect a LOT of Hallmark ornaments, but when we retired I gave some to daughter and sold a bunch.  Only have enough to decorate our tree, but did keep all the mini ornaments that I had.  Now I only purchase the Frosty Friends for daughter and the Puppy Love series for me.  Once in awhile I will get a special one, like next year I will get daughter the one celebrating her wedding.

• Like 1

I collect nutcracker ornaments. I collect all sizes of nutcrackers but I have a tree with just nc ornaments. I have to buy a bigger tree this year. Not only do I have too many ornaments, but the smaller tree is too easy for my jerk cat to topple. I used to collect Swarovski ornaments, but they would attract the aforementioned cat within seconds of being put on display, so I sold them.

Yes, I collect ornaments.  By the tote full!  It's a little crazy.  I try to get DS a special ornament each year - with the thought being that I'll give him his "collection" someday when he is ready to put up his own tree.

I also try to get ornaments on special trips.  But I've bought so many ornaments at this point that I've kind of made a rule for myself that any new ornaments have to be handmade.  I love making ornaments out of felt and have gotten pretty good at it.  I mostly give them away as gifts but am trying to make extras for me to keep!

• Like 1

I purchase something special for my kids each year for the tree, but its theirs to take with them when they move out and start their own family. DD is 22 this year she is getting Pinkie Pie , DS is 20 and I've not decided yet what to get him.

My parents got us each an ornament with the year we were born and stuff about the year i think, its been years since we've taken those down. I started collecting disney and nightmare Ornaments. This year i started collecting ornaments from places I've been. I got zoo atlanta, world of coca cola polar bear ones and Georgia aquarium soon to be joined by aquatica and seaworld pass member ones :)