What were your funniest moments during Black Friday?

jaymacfla

Okay Black Friday veterans, you have done it all, seen it all and you have a good story to tell. It may have been you, a friend, or even a story you have heard that is just too good to keep to yourself. I have quite a few and they range from the usual whacky shoppers, to the ones who do things so stupid, that you just have to shake your head in amazement. There are even risque stories that circulate from time to time. One of my favorite stories revolves around something called treachery.....Lets hear what your faves are and then i will tell you the juciest ones from my archives.

One of mine was about getting a hidden treasure. One year we wanted a specific camera from Best Buy (Point and Shoot Canon) for my mother in-law. So we are there in plenty of time and all that, we go to get the camera and it's not anywhere to be found, we asked an employee and someone looked it up and said they show it in stock but many people had not checked out yet. So we were bummed but went on to finish our shopping. I was wandering around the store and decided to look at the over the stove microwaves for some reason while my wife was gathering some other things. I have NO idea why but I started opening them op and looking at the inside just to see how big they were. So I get to one I open it up and there is a camera sitting in there. Not only A camera but the one we wanted. I was like WHOA looked around and said SCORE. My guess is someone stuffed it there for later. I found my wife and told her so we decided to go on a treasure hunt to find other hidden things. Walked out of there with other things some we wanted and some we didn't really think about but got them due to our treasure hunt. lol was pretty neat now I ALWAYS treat our shopping like a treasure hunt.

• Like 5

This wasn't funny to me, but my Black Friday shopping partner thought it was hilarious. We lost each other in the crowd while shopping at Walmart (no surprise) and she couldn't find me and I didn't have a cell phone so after 10 minutes of looking she had me paged over the intercom! It was very embarrassing, but she couldn't stop laughing.
  • Like 2

This wasn't funny to me, but my Black Friday shopping partner thought it was hilarious. We lost each other in the crowd while shopping at Walmart (no surprise) and she couldn't find me and I didn't have a cell phone so after 10 minutes of looking she had me paged over the intercom! It was very embarrassing, but she couldn't stop laughing.

Sorry, but I do have to side with her on this one.  That would be absolutely hilarious...

• Like 1

Our funniest moment on Black Friday was the year we rented a U-Haul truck to complete our shopping. My sister and I are long time Black Friday shoppers. One year we both had televisions, large toys and tools on our list. We knew we couldn't fit everything in either of our cars, so for a mere 19.99 (or so we thought) we rented a U-Haul truck. It was really cool to drive, and we had all of our meals, aspirin, antacids, tissues and more packed inside. We never eat out, we eat in... In the truck that is. Living in Rochester NY, it's generally pretty cold, sometimes encountering snowstorms. This year was no exception. So, when we ate our meals, we would put a sign on the truck that said, not moving, 'just resting', because we would start the car to run the heat, and the sign would alert people searching for a parking space that, we weren't going anywhere.? Well, off to Sears we headed just as my sister spotted a newscaster, looking for a bf story. She said, hey we rented a U-Haul! Want to interview us? The reporter, looked as if we were joking but said, sure! So in the middle of our shopping extravaganza, we were interviewed and on tv for both the 6 and 11pm news... Our 15 minutes of fame on Black Friday..
  • Like 2

One of my stories revolves around a young female reporter. She was hitting me hard with questions regarding the financial cost of camping versus showing up later. When she finally thought that she had me on the ropes, indicating that over a week that the ends do not justify the means, I had her move closer to my laptop. On the page was my eBay account showing all of the current sales in green and for the day totalled over $150. She was visibly shocked by her reaction and beat a hasty retreat. I never saw a story from her and it is probably because I did not fit the narrative of the average camper in the mind of a presumptive reporter.

A couple of years back we were waiting in line at Kmart. It was bitterly cold and we had a long time to go. My partner decided to grab her weather-proof blanket and made herself into a sitting burrito. I was standing to stretch my legs, when all of a sudden I saw a mouse. It ran right behind the line. People were screaming and running... and my poor partner (who did laugh about it later) was attempting to unroll at the same time as scoot on her butt out from the line and mouse. The mouse was so scared from all the chaos, it ran right under my friend's legs and then into the propane cage.

I couldn't even tell my friend it was NOT in her blanket (which she thought) because I was laughing at the entire scene unfold.

This was a few years ago when Walmart started their sale at 9 or 10 on Thanksgiving night. My mom had decided that BF was no longer her thing because she gets too flustered, so one of my brothers signed on to be my partner that year. After we all ate, our other younger brother decided he wanted to check out WM, and mom said she could handle an hour of WM with him, so they teamed up. My brother and I were waiting by a pallet of something, I don't remember, and we knew that mom and our other brother were somewhere in the store. After the sale started and the pallets were ripped open, we loaded up on what we wanted and then decided to head back towards electronics. We round a corner and run into my poor mother, wild-eyed, slightly sweaty, with a cart full of those long footstool chests! She yells "OH MY GOD YOU GUYS!!" We asked her why she had a cart full of furniture and she explained that when it started, that's the pallet she happened to be standing by, and everyone went crazy and she panicked and just loaded her cart up with whatever was near, thinking she would sort it out later. 3 footstools later, she had a full cart, no plan, and had lost our brother in the maylay. (He showed up a minute later with a video game.) We helped mom take all the furniture back to its pallet and sent her home. And that was mom's final Black Friday. Haha. Now she just texts us the whole time from the comfort of her home.
  • Like 5

I love this thread! The only BF kinda funny story I have is...a few years ago me, my MIL and SIL were at the mall shopping on BF when we started to walk by Abercrombie & Fitch.  As we were approaching the store, I saw a "guy" out front just standing there like a mannequin.  As we got closer I honestly couldn't tell if he was real or a mannequin.  I said, "is this dude real?"  He must have heard me b/c he looked at me and winked his eye and it freaked me out!! LOL! I hollered, "OMG!! He is real!!"  My SIL and MIL laughed and I felt so embarrassed that he had heard me.  But kudos to him for doing a great job! He sure had me fooled for a second.  Haha!

• Like 1

Last year I took my youngest daughter (14 years old) with us, her first fight for it.. she usually stands in line for things.  I put her at the pallet told her what she needed etc.  I guess when the maylay happened she was scared and an older gentleman handed her the product and my oldest daughter saw it and had to run and rescue her (She was to scared to move lol).  Needless to say we put her in the men's underwear and she just guarded our treasurers the rest of the trip.