Best Buy (Re-open)

Fry's (Re-open)

Office Depot/Office Max (Re-Open)

9:00am

Costco

Walgreens (Re-open)

Edited by arci122
  • Like 2

Good, lets go back to Black Friday like it used to be, opening early Friday morning. I loved the tradition of waiting all night. I wasn't feeling the last two years when places like walmart took all the fun out of it and Thanksgiving by having deals right in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner time. I don't really mind the midnight openings though.

Edited by hoits2000
  • Like 3

I like Thursday openings however they should be later so employees can enjoy time with their families. I don't mind waiting till midnight actually shopping earlier is a rush. I wouldn't even mind waiting till the friday morning like it use to be. Made alot of friends along the way camping out at walmart. 

I hope they go back to the traditional 5am openings or at least midnight or 1am. There are way too many spectators and socializers now. I have seen people bring their whole family with them including the elderly and only one person is there to shop. It makes the stores too congested now.
  • Like 1

I hope they go back as well. There be so many people just spectating and not buying. It is already crowded enough. People want get out early in the morning unless they mean business . I really don't mine them even coming out but dont take the tickets or pick up stuff just to hide it later or never buy it at all. But yea I believe in family time as well and if they open to early I will miss out on some sells unless I can get it online. 

I am also jumping on the "hoping they go back to opening Friday morning".  And yes, I know I contradict myself by saying this, but as much as I hate going out on thanksgiving night and also all those employees that have to leave their family gatherings to go to work, I am also at those store shopping on Thursday night.  Its a love hate relationship. LOL!!!  But in all seriousness, I would be happy if all the stores went back to opening on Friday morning. 

• Like 1

I am also jumping on the "hoping they go back to opening Friday morning".  And yes, I know I contradict myself by saying this, but as much as I hate going out on thanksgiving night and also all those employees that have to leave their family gatherings to go to work, I am also at those store shopping on Thursday night.  Its a love hate relationship. LOL!!!  But in all seriousness, I would be happy if all the stores went back to opening on Friday morning. 

Close as I get is shopping online. I still refuse to go to the stores on Thursday, that and my time is spent cooking, football, being with family and planning for Friday :)

Wish all stores would go back to Black Friday and not Thanksgiving Thurs.  I am a die hard black friday shopper....it's a tradition with my daughter and I but every year it gets earlier and earlier and dang it is cutting into Thanksgiving dinner  :no:

• Like 1

Update: An article was published today stating, these 10 stores will NOT open on Thanksgiving. You may know of some of them already.

1. DSW

2.P.C. Richard & Son

3. Nordstrom

4. Costco

5. TJ Maxx

6. Staples

7. GameStop

8. REI

9. Half Price Books

10. Neiman Marcus

I also hope for the stores to open on Black Friday instead of Thursday but unfortunately, stores will continue to open earlier if the customers are there to spend money. But I have to say, it was nice shopping at JC Penny last year @ 3am and have like 20 people in the store since the store opened Thursday night and did not close.

I, as well as others, Wish they would go back to Friday hrs, instead of being open on Thanksgiving Thursday! it was a tradition in our family to enjoy Thanksgiving and our wonderful feast, then the guys would relax on the couch, watch the game and us girls would gather at the table reading the ad papers, make our list and set forth a plan.

Now it's hard to even enjoy Thanksgiving dinner and/ or worry about getting to the store to get in line (or not eat at all with the family, just to make sure your kids get what they want for Christmas, especially if it's a HOT item!) :no:

Update: An article was published today stating, these 10 stores will NOT open on Thanksgiving. You may know of some of them already.

1. DSW

2.P.C. Richard & Son

3. Nordstrom

4. Costco

5. TJ Maxx

6. Staples

7. GameStop

8. REI

9. Half Price Books

10. Neiman Marcus

I was reading on my facebook page and one of my friends posted this...and this was as of yesterday 10389355_10152868616341303_2669290677269

I miss Black Friday I hate the change to brown Thursday it has ruined the traditions and fun for me and my family - I don't want to loose Thanksgiving just for a great deal what happened to celebrating things we are thankful for as a family first - makes me very sad as I have loved Black Friday for years [emoji22]

We have always done Thanksgiving dinner fairly early so starting on Thursday doesn't cut into Thanksgiving too much for us.  What I miss is any amount of sleep i used to get.  Used to be get up early to get ready for dinner, eat dinner, go through ads and make a plan then go to bed and get up early to shop.  Now its get up early to get ready for dinner, eat dinner, go through ads and make a plan then go shopping through midnight then out again early Friday to get in line for early Friday sales then hide everything then wake kids and go to breakfast.  Whew, sleepy just thinking about it.  :sleeping:

Meijer is starting their big sale at 6AM on Thursday this year - I think that is the earliest of any of the stores I've seen so far!?!

FYI - Meijer has done a Thursday morning sale for the last several years now. This isn't new. I've taken advantage of the "buy one pair, get one for $1" Thursday shoe sale a few times.

Thank you for the lists of when stores are opening, but for the ones opening on Thursday, is there a list of when they close and open again? Like Kohl s is open on Thursday at 6:00pm but I think they are closing at 1:00 am on Friday? 

You'll note many of the Friday times are listed as "Re-open". I don't recall seeing anything about a closure anywhere in the Kohl's ad. (Someone feel free to point it out if I happened to overlook it!)

ETA: It might be helpful for those planning if closing times could be added for those stores that are closing during the night, but not sure how feasible that is.

Edited by wittenlover

I am more excited to see that there are quite a few more retailers offering their black friday items online this year. I think they will not only have more in sales, but more people will be able to get to spend time with their families on Thanksgiving Day instead of worrying about rushing out to the stores. I know how thankful I am to be able to shop in my PJ's in my warm bed!