What city is everyone shopping in?

jenmovdob

Oh my!  I think it was a Walmart somewhere in NY where the crowds ran over a Walmart employee??  I remember reading about it, so sad.  Walmart has the worst crowd control. 

In WM's defense, I also think they have the worst crowds.  Then, they are designed to get groups of people in and out through multiple doors, and they have the most "stuff" scattered all over that it's nearly impossible to control things.

In WM's defense, I also think they have the worst crowds.  Then, they are designed to get groups of people in and out through multiple doors, and they have the most "stuff" scattered all over that it's nearly impossible to control things.

Oh they definitely have the most unruly bunch; however, how many years do they have to have uncontrolled chaos before they take a proactive approach and try to get a better system in place??   At my Walmarts, shoppers are always ripping through the merchandise before it's time and the managers don't stop them.  If they know they're going to get away with it, they'll continue to do it. 

Oh they definitely have the most unruly bunch; however, how many years do they have to have uncontrolled chaos before they take a proactive approach and try to get a better system in place??   At my Walmarts, shoppers are always ripping through the merchandise before it's time and the managers don't stop them.  If they know they're going to get away with it, they'll continue to do it. 

As a manager, I'd probably be afraid they would start ripping through my face should I attempt to stop them...  I'm not sure they could pay me enough to step in and try to break that up!  Walmart is one of the very few stores that is actually OPEN before the sale starts.  The rest of the retailers have lines waiting outside the door and 5 minutes after go-time, there's still line outside the door and dozens of people have already checked out of that store, whereas WM already has EVERYONE inside the store and trying to push carts through the maze of aisles and checkout lines.

Sorry; just noticed what thread we're in and this is getting quite a bit off topic ;)

Edited by bribri25

Oh my!  I think it was a Walmart somewhere in NY where the crowds ran over a Walmart employee??  I remember reading about it, so sad.  Walmart has the worst crowd control. 

Good luck and stay safe!

The Walmart where that happened is in Valley Stream NY on Long Island.  It is a suburban location not in New York City proper.

See: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/worker-dies-long-island-wal-mart-trampled-black-friday-stampede-article-1.334059

I don't shop at that Walmart, but often shop Black Friday in the "Nassau Hub" area just to the north, including another Walmart there.

As others have said, although this tragedy happened at this particular store, Walmarts in general have crowd control issues, partly due to the way they run their Black Friday events, and partly due to some of the people who tend to shop at Walmarts everywhere.  (Not referring to any of us on GottaDeal, of course.)

This is somewhat off-topic, of course, but I guess it shows that where you will be shopping (what neighborhood, not just what city/town) certainly does affect your Black Friday experience.

Edited by mcwalker