Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Need advice on how to...?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Crue2001  OFFLINE  

Crue2001

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 21, 2015 - 11:05 am

My youngest son likes very obscure (ie not on the radio) music, esp. lots of stuff from Japanese Anime.  He uses YouTube to listen to it all on a playlist, but then gets busy playing games, etc instead of doing his homework with that computer right in front of him.  I'm looking to find a way for him to be able to play a YouTube playlist with these songs at a desk upstairs away from the computer.  I know, you need the internet to use YouTube...but I don't know how else to make this work, so I'm here to see if anyone has ANY ideas on the best way to let him listen to this music without actually using a computer/having access to the internet that he can't seem to NOT use. 

We have tablets & Ipods, etc, but I'm not looking to spend a fortune buying the songs on Itunes or the like, and most of them are not available for purchase anyways.  Just looking for some ideas/thoughts...  TIA!!

Live, Laugh, Love...It's All Good!:D

#2 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,573 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 21, 2015 - 12:11 pm

Most tablets and smart phones have youtube apps that you could set it up to play on.

#3 laddhorn  OFFLINE  

laddhorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 996 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 21, 2015 - 5:55 pm

My wife enjoys streaming music to a bluetooth speaker.  You could set up the smartphone/ipod/etc. to stream to a speaker and that would prevent internet access as long as you kept control of the device.

#4 Crue2001  OFFLINE  

Crue2001

• 1,994 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 21, 2015 - 7:14 pm

My wife enjoys streaming music to a bluetooth speaker.  You could set up the smartphone/ipod/etc. to stream to a speaker and that would prevent internet access as long as you kept control of the device.

I think that might be our best option!  I think we might even have a bluetooth speaker around here already!  :)

#5 Pnambic  OFFLINE  

Pnambic

Can't re-Member

• 2,072 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 22, 2015 - 8:32 am

www.youtube-mp3.org

Da-shiang bad-tza shr duh lah doo-tze!

#6 Crue2001  OFFLINE  

Crue2001

• 1,994 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Oct 26, 2015 - 6:45 am

Is this a legal option?  LOL  Don't want the RIAA coming after me for downloading music that I didn't pay for! 

#7 Pnambic  OFFLINE  

Pnambic

Can't re-Member

• 2,072 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Oct 26, 2015 - 7:05 am

Basically, it's just as legal as taping from the radio.

People have been prosecuted for providing huge libraries of music that were only available by purchase for other people to take.

Making your own mp3's from media that's available for free to stream for your own private consumption hasn't been challenged.

Da-shiang bad-tza shr duh lah doo-tze!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users