Have you found some great deals?

Jen08

So, I have only found 1 great deal so far.  It was back in July when Target did a Black Friday sale and I was able to get 2 things for my nieces.  I am hoping to find some great deals coming up since I know in the past that some stores start their pre black Friday sales soon.  Just wanted to find out if anyone else has gotten in great deals yet?  I am still holding on to hoping that someone will put a good price on the Wii U and the Xbox One so I can price match at Walmart and put them on layaway.

I have picked up quite a few good deals on Amazon with their silly add-on items.  I just save them all in my cart and wait for the prices to go down and when it hits about $25 (the add-on requirement) I purchase then.  Have to be patient however.  So men's wallets, socks for both men and women, toys (melissa and doug, crayola, playskool), scarves, gloves and most for $2-$3 (6 pairs women's socks gold-toe, men's 3 pairs for $2, etc).  Sometimes if there is a particular item on someone's list I keep in my cart and then fill in with the add-ons.  So blu-ray Hocus Pocus yesterday was around $5 and some of my add-ons had dropped in price so was easy to have a large order of items (11) right at $25.02.  Great for small/medium gifts and stocking stuffers.

• Like 1

Our Target had simple desks for 6.00, bought 2 and they've had twin xl sheets for 5.00,  Walmart has maternity shirts cheap.  kmart had the plastic outdoor nativity scene on sale for 52.00  bought son black levi jeans for 5.00 at Kohl's.

Edited by mamat2011

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1631379/mudd-gold-tone-simulated-crystal-simulated-abalone-turtle-long-pendant.jsp?color=White

Got this recently with 30% off a Kohls for DD12 (she had it on her list)

Did a lot of toys for the grandbabies at the Target clearance

Got Bean bag chairs for 3 grandbabies at Pier One 50% off (not my best deal ever but a great price for what my DD wanted the kids to have)

And Kohls had toys on sale last Saturday with the extra 10% off plus $10 off if you spent 50 30% off and free shipping. Made some items cheaper than BF.

I have picked up quite a few good deals on Amazon with their silly add-on items.  I just save them all in my cart and wait for the prices to go down and when it hits about $25 (the add-on requirement) I purchase then.  Have to be patient however.  So men's wallets, socks for both men and women, toys (melissa and doug, crayola, playskool), scarves, gloves and most for $2-$3 (6 pairs women's socks gold-toe, men's 3 pairs for $2, etc).  Sometimes if there is a particular item on someone's list I keep in my cart and then fill in with the add-ons.  So blu-ray Hocus Pocus yesterday was around $5 and some of my add-ons had dropped in price so was easy to have a large order of items (11) right at $25.02.  Great for small/medium gifts and stocking stuffers.

I've got a ton of silly/fun add ons too!  Mostly toys for great prices for my young nieces and nephews. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if they were necessarily the best deal, but they prices were right and I don't have to worry about not finding it closer to Christmas.  Both are robes for DH and DD - need extended big mans for DH and got it for $30 instead of the $80 it will be in the next month. DD  and a couple more presents were more of a too cute wont be there later thing...lol. 

• Like 1

My kids almost always get a t-shirt for their team of choice (OU/OSU - I have a divided family). Fanatics had a great sale (found here on GD!) a month or so ago, so those are taken care of.

You can find some really good deals at Fanatics! The only problem I've come across is that their t-shirt sizing isn't consistent.  =/

Ebay had a Samsung Galaxy Tablet 4G, refurbished for $59.  I wanted to get a tablet for my son to replace his out of date iPad, without investing in another iPad - he's only 8.

I've been playing with it for a week or so, and I really like it.  It looks brand new...works perfectly and couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Although I prefer the iPad, I think it will be a good fit for my son at an unbeatable price! 

• Like 2