Online or Brick and Mortar? Where do you do the majority of your shopping?

Elmck

Where do you do the majority of your Black Friday Shopping?? Last year I did more online shopping that ever before. I would estimate I did at least 75% online for my purchases that day. I still went out for a few things but nothing like I have in the past. I'm hoping to do the same again. 

Where will you be in the store or in your house???

Last few years been mainly online....it's great when u get most of the door busters online... I still hit a few stores for fun on Friday ... but with more and more stores last year opening on Thursday all the fun of true Black Friday is slowly dying.....

Last year I did some shopping online, it was more stressful shopping on line, waiting for the items I wanted to become available. Had one major item ordered only to be cancelled hours later. Thankfully I was still able to get it. No I will be out and about in the stores doing my shopping. This year if I order anything on line it will be minimal and nothing major.

More and more online, but we will definitely be in the stores also.  For one thing, I am hanging on to our Black Friday traditions by the skin of my teeth. They will not take BF away from me! lol      But also, there are always item on our lists that aren't available online.

I would say last year we were 40/60 for Online/B&M. This year I expect it to be about the same MAYBE 50/50. This is mainly due to the fact that we have family we buy for in other states so it's easier to have it shipped there online have someone wrap for us than it is to do it from here not to mention WAY cheaper in shipping. Couple of years back we spent about $200 just in shipping charges to send presents off that was the point where we decided it was better to use online with cheap or free shipping.

At this point, the bulk of the shopping is online. Last year, I got to Target around 7 and picked up the 2-3 items I was unable to get online. Then I went to the mall and hit Hollister & American Eagle. I then hit Walmart just for a usual walk through; was home by 9:30.

Friday morning I hit a few stores but didn't buy more than a few items.

I try to do everything online, unless I need something from JC Penney. They have screwed up my online order every year for 4 years straight so I just avoid them if I can and buy in person if I truly have to. Other than that, I have only had a few problems with orders being cancelled/delayed and the shopping portal discounts combined with not having to brave the Midwest winter makes it worthwhile for me.

Last year I did 90% online.  I went out to a couple stores on Thanksgiving but thats it. My husband went to Menards for me (just for dog items!).  Probably same this year.  When your kids have every electronic known to man, its really not needed to go out to the stores. Kids have iphone 6s  so just got phone cases ordered. Super deals on Michael Kors ones online for my daughter.

I find I've been shopping more online for gifts, but in store for myself :). It's easier to sit at home in the quiet and figure out what to get each person and how much I have left to spend on each person. Keeping track of everyone's gifts can be overwhelming sometimes in the store.

I also did about 75% of my shopping online before I went out last year! Saved a lot of hassle but still went out to see what else I could find that I might of missed! Always love to see how crazy people get about things! :)

You can't beat the thrill of still being out in the action. And to have something tangible in your hands after buying it. But with 10 stores that I want to go to, scattered all around town with opening times, who knows when....yeah, have to do some online (and make sure you can actually secure the item). I do hear stories about orders being canceled from online, but has only happened to me once, and with nothing major.

Does it count if I am shopping online while waiting IN line for the B&M to open? oooh... my favorite is shopping online while waiting in the checkout lines :) If its a must have, I get it in store if i can. heck, a few times for the critical item, I bought it online, then hit the store to try to get it... just in case! I figure my bases are covered that way!  Had to do that with some skylanders thing last year, and thank goodness I did! The online order was cancelled, but i got that kit in my hands at the store!