How much stuff do you buy for yourself during Black Friday

msyves

I have to admit it, my basket has more items for me in it than others on BF. Now don't get me wrong, I love to shop for others, but I can't help picking up those items I want for such good prices. In recent years I've gotten cell phones, tv's, and luggage just to name a few. This year I'm looking for great deals on gold earrings and designer watches.

I know I'm not the only one. So who else out there is hoping to pick up some new goodies for themselves? And, what is it you're looking for?

• Like 2

Sure, If something I want is on sale, and I can afford it, I'll pick it up.  I just have to make sure I'm not spending my Christmas budget on something for myself :).  This year, I have a list of a few things I'm looking for, for myself/my house. For instance, if the sale is good enough I plan to get myself an Amazon Echo. I also plan on getting myself a few of the 2 qt slow cookers for $5 at Walmart if they have them again this year (I'm hoping to use them for melting chocolate and caramel to make Christmas candy).  OH! And if Home Depot has the same tree on sale as last year (or one similar for the same price) I plan to grab one of those too.  That was my BF regret last year, not getting one of those trees when I had the chance  :holiday07 .

Honestly most of the shopping I do on BF is for me.  I shop sales and deals throughout the year for Christmas. I don't have any children and the youngest member of my family is 12 - he likes "action gifts" so we he gets a coupon book of activities we do year round.  Soooooooooo, I'll pick up a few filler items but for the most part I shop for me. :)

• Like 2

I love that I can get a bunch of the home goods that I want for my house.  I always buy blankets and down comforters at Kohls because they are a steel. This year we want to get a down bed topper and I told my DH that we had to wait until BF....lol.    I also get the movies and stocking stuffers.  When the kids were little, BF was about getting the stuff that they wanted most, but now they are big and its basically the same expense!

Sure, If something I want is on sale, and I can afford it, I'll pick it up.  I just have to make sure I'm not spending my Christmas budget on something for myself :).  This year, I have a list of a few things I'm looking for, for myself/my house. For instance, if the sale is good enough I plan to get myself an Amazon Echo. I also plan on getting myself a few of the 2 qt slow cookers for $5 at Walmart if they have them again this year (I'm hoping to use them for melting chocolate and caramel to make Christmas candy).  OH! And if Home Depot has the same tree on sale as last year (or one similar for the same price) I plan to grab one of those too.  That was my BF regret last year, not getting one of those trees when I had the chance  :holiday07 .

I had that same regret for not getting the fire pit at Home Depot.... it was so cheap!

I usually buy a few kitchen items (which I consider for everyone since it helps me cook  :) ).  I did buy towels and bathcloths last year because we only had 8 towels left, but once again I consider that a purchase that benefits everyone.  :)

I hardly ever buy anything for myself and if I do it is usually some kind of clothing that I need.

If I have received birthday money to spend I save it for BF and try to get something that I want. I have a large family so trying to get my Christmas shopping done is a priority. We also have a family rule that if an item is on your list you cannot buy it for yourself between Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

If I was going to buy myself something this year I want a pair of those Sketcher Go Walk ankle boots. 

oh yeah, I buy for myself. Kitchen bath/ home gifts usually. I look at it as helping the hubby out! an extra gift if you will... LOL. He doesn't have to stress and I get what I want.  

My kids are older "teens-ish" and are with me shopping now. If I look at something that I like, that is a GREAT deal and put it back, they get mad, throw it in the cart and say "well I guess i'm getting you THAT for christmas.  I get to wrap it and you can't have it until then".  They have come to the age that they have figured out that I won't do for myself, before they are taken care of. ..It is an ongoing argument in our house. Mom "you need to get yourself SOMETHING" good kids. :)

• Like 6

Guilty!  I find that each year, half of the loot I bought was for me/household!  Ha ha!  It's the best time to buy towels, sheets, etc.  To make myself feel better about the situation, I buy something for someone else and then something for me.  Equal gift buying!  lol  Ok, maybe not, but it sure made me feel better saying it.

• Like 1

It depends on whether I find sales on things FOR others. I always know what I want/need, and the list gets made throughout the year for things that I know will likely be BF deals.  If people send me lists of things that go on sale during BF, they I buy it for them :)  Otherwise, I just have to find a non-BF deal somewhere else.

By the time Black Friday comes I am usually done or close to being done shopping for everyone on my list, so BF is like an extra birthday for myself lol. I get some movies that I have been wanting and maybe another pair of fuzzy pajama pants because you can never have too many pairs.
  • Like 2

Guilty as charged.  Usually I buy things for the house like sheets, towels, etc because the prices are great.  Also winter stuff is at good prices and usually in good supply so I have lots of choices.  I also, look for others at the same time so it's not all about me.

I do take advantage of the great deals to pick up things for both myself and household items, in addition to gifts.  Macy's has had great prices on cashmere(my guilty indulgence), and Home Depot has been my first stop the past two years.  They have the BEST deal for Christmas trees!   Quite a change from the toy stores and clothing stores that used to be the focus :)

• Like 1

JC Penneys when they have the early bird coupon $10 of $25. I use that coupon multiple times for men's fleece pants, bras,sweaters , shirts. It's a good day for clothes, sometimes margarita glasses, fake Sherpa throws, pillows.its good for coats. I bought some beautiful glasses from Dillard's or Macy one year. I don't have a lot of people to buy for. My main concern was dd. She is now grown, next year will be my favorite, dd is due the week of Black Friday this year. I generally had dd shopping done with multiple layaways by the first week of October. I t was convient and good hiding place. She was exceptional when younger at finding presents hidden. I generally buy movies from bb and Walmart.

Flosmoney

• Like 1

I normally don't purchase much, if anything, for myself. I go Black Friday shopping with my sister and if I see something that catches my eye, it usually ends up in her shopping cart, sometimes hidden so I don't see it, and I'll get it from her for Christmas.

• Like 1

It really depends on the sale, where the store is located and the length of the line.  One year, I made a special trip to a liquor store that put out hard to find craft beers and ended up waiting in the checkout line over 30 minutes.

• Like 1