Article: Retailers Prepare to Fight Holiday Shoppers and Each Other to Not Offer Discounts

Brad

http://consumerist.com/2015/10/05/retailers-prepare-to-fight-holiday-shoppers-and-each-other-to-not-offer-discounts/

"Retailers really, really want to wean American shoppers off our recession-era addiction to discounts. Will it be possible for them to resist the temptation to slap “40% off” signs everywhere to attract customers? Retail forecasts for this holiday season show that retailers want to avoid selling products at a discount, while consumers plan to make their shopping decisions according to price."

oh well... They will not be getting my money. Jacking up the price usually works on the clueless but I already have my sights on certain things and no what the price should be. So it will sit on there shelves before I pay more for it than I should have to. 

Even though the recession maybe easing off the pay has not gone up. So they can either lower the prices or sit in the red.... Okay rant over - I do not know why I got so upset over this article... SMH I have to do better LOL

• Like 2

Most of us here will know that they've jacked up the price then "clearance" it out but not everyone is as smart as we are :cheesy:

And thanks to GottaDeals for that, we will be informed shoppers and will know best pricing before even going out. 

Edited by Khobbs1