Black Friday Stocking Stuffers

hockeyfanamo

Not a big fan of the underwear/socks stocking stuffer.....  Stockings in my home are for the best little some things that you just happened to pick up that aren't necessary but have to have! And they are probably miserable to wrap!  lol 

• Like 3

Not a big fan of the underwear/socks stocking stuffer..... Stockings in my home are for the best little some things that you just happened to pick up that aren't necessary but have to have! And they are probably miserable to wrap! lol

I don't do socks and underwear either.If my kids get that for Christmas it's under the tree

• Like 2

Candy, gift cards to starbucks, itunes, and mcdonalds, and whatever else my husband and I come up with. We do put socks in our children's stockings but they are cute or funny socks like last year my teenage daughter got wonder woman socks with a cape on the back, my teenage son received the super man one's, can't remember what the youngest 2 received but I'm sure it'll come to me. . .they have to be cool socks not just regular everyday socks
  • Like 2

Most of my kids are adults too but still want stockings. I try to mix it up some things are useful, some are fun, and sometimes I can sneak in a special surprise. Lately though there are so many stockings I have a hard time getting them done!! 

• Like 1

Usually a pair of video game boxers with matching lounge pants and socks, a DVD, a video game, money soap from hallmark, specialty candy, deodorant gift sets, gift cards, and a t-shirt in their favorite nfl team/ or other interest. Seems the stockings are the favorite thing at our house. I bought too much for a regular stocking one year so got huge ones to stuff. Bad mistake! It's a challenge to fill them every year now......
  • Like 1

I usually do mostly candy in the stockings. When my boys were little, the stockings were filled with candy (Nerds, Gobstoppers, that kind of stuff - the oldest didn't like chocolate), and there was a small stuffed animal on top. As they got older it was just the candy. Now, I don't do as much candy, because I was finding that I could fill Easter eggs with the leftovers. They get one box of their favorite candy, and usually a gift card.  The grands get candy candy candy, and whatever else Grama wants to stuff in there that their little hearts may desire :).

So, to answer the original question, I don't buy any of the stocking stuffers on BF. In fact, it's usually the last thing I buy.

• Like 1

The pharmacies (especially Walgreens) usually have some "Free after Rebate" or "Free after Voucher" type deals on small items.  These usually start Thanksgiving morning, so you can pick them up before Thanksgiving festivities, or at other off-times through Friday.

• Like 2

Yes! Love the freebies from Walgreens. Ear buds, ponytail holders, hairbrushes, free or cheap razors, free or cheap lip balm... :)

Other than those, can't think of anything else in particular. Just candies and other stuff.Believe I've gotten gloves and hats before on BF, makeup...

Oh, and Walgreens has had a gift card offer when buying iTunes. We are not an iTunes family, but I can give them as gifts, then use the gift card for more stuff!

Edited by bluebear
  • Like 1

I shop at Ulta for a lot of stuffers. My family is mostly female and Ulta can have some pretty decent giveaways. I also use my points from filling my prescriptions at Walgreens for things. Candy winds up rotting at our house, so a typical stocking will have a silver dollar, some nail polish, perfume or bath gel, Eos, small smelly candles, and a DVD or video game.

Edited by msomnipotent
  • Like 1