How do you $ave money on Black Friday?

nhughes

As with each year, it seems like the cost of everything is going up, except our paychecks. There are some good apps on mobile out there that you can save money on. A lot of stores have Reward programs, too. So question is, how do you save on Black Friday and which is the most rewarding to you?

I personally like to stack up on coupons in the papers. Also, if you have a cell phone, there is an app called ''Shopkick,'' A mobile friendly device that lets you scan products for points in retail stores. Scan selected products on your phone, add up enough points, and you get yourself a beautiful reward of your choosing. (For example: if you shopped at Target, for 1,500 points you can obtain a $10 Gift card). All you do is bring your phone up to the register and they scan the barcode on your phone.

Thoughts?

I'm going to use my Walmart Saving Catcher money. I may look into some of the others listed above! Always great to save money. I also buy most of my gift cards at Giant Eagle so I can get fuel perks! I also use the product charts that are done on here every year to find the best deals!

I like to shop @ Kmart where they have shop your way points that add up to dollars to use on a future purchase...last year JCP had spend a certain amount & get like a $20 coupon (i think) to use towards a future purchase the following week, i ended up with 2 because a woman from Canada wouldn't be back before the coupon expired so she gave me hers...i'm hoping they do something like that again this year!!!! Funds were really tight last year, but i managed to get about $300 worth of items for my boyfriend for abt $100 from JCP, including a $200 pea coat for $35...any place that offers points/cash back from purchases are the best deals & ways to save during BF to me...

Saving on BF is no different than saving the rest of the year.

- make a list of the stuff you want

- research best brands and models

- research best prices

- shop for the best price

- purchase using a credit card that doubles your warranty, provides price protection, or pays cash back

- watch for opportunities to price match or return/rebuy

With BF there is the slight twist in that you should try to make purchases late enough that the ads are out before your return period ends so you can ensure the best deal.

I have been saving up all my target gift cards from purchases throughout the year. If they pair a good sale with a $5-$10 gift card I'm there! I have a good amount to fund some of my target purchases this year.

That's a great idea! Didn't think about it. It probably doesn't seem like much at first, but when they add up, it's game on for shopping!

Edited by nhughes

Returning cartridges to staples so I get rewards back for November and BF shopping :)

I didnt know they did that..How much do they offer for that?

I just returned 7 inkjet cartridges the other day.  The Staples Rewards program gives you $2 back for each cartridge recycled in a voucher that you receive at the end of the period.  Note that you have to spend at least $30 on ink during the 180 days before the cartridges are turned in.  Base members can recycle up to 10 a month, Plus and Premier members up to to 20 a month.  It does not matter where the cartridges are purchased or what brand they are.

I use the app shopular which gives me all the great promo deals and codes for stores that may not be posted. I also use certain credit cards to earn the cash back so that I can receive money back on a gift card. I then use the gift cards as stocking stuffers.

I keep track of what I spend on Christmas every year. A few years ago I started tracking what I SAVED as well as what I spent.  Last year, I saved well over $1000 on Christmas just for my kids, just by following Gottadeal year round.

I use Walmart's Saving Catcher tho I haven't been as much lately. I also use Target's Cartwheel. I recently opened up a Holiday club savings account after years of saying I was going to.

I use the savings catcher also.  This year I used the full amount for my layaway down payment!

I stack up on discounted gift cards throughout the year....I use some of the various sites out there I'm sure u know most of them... That helps me save 10-30% up front.....

Good point on the ink cartridges I been doing that for years with OfficeMax .... Saved me hundreds of dollars through the years

I love the Walmart Savings Catcher...I have almost $80 saved! I price match...buy items online using ebates. I also am sticking to the lists this year...I always over buy! It's not a good deal unless it's actually wanted & used!

I did have $300 in savings catcher that I wanted to use for Black Friday but things had been bad here and I had to use it for groceries(gotta eat).I currently have about $40.

As with each year, it seems like the cost of everything is going up, except our paychecks. There are some good apps on mobile out there that you can save money on. A lot of stores have Reward programs, too. So question is, how do you save on Black Friday and which is the most rewarding to you?

I personally like to stack up on coupons in the papers. Also, if you have a cell phone, there is an app called ''Shopkick,'' A mobile friendly device that lets you scan products for points in retail stores. Scan selected products on your phone, add up enough points, and you get yourself a beautiful reward of your choosing. (For example: if you shopped at Target, for 1,500 points you can obtain a $10 Gift card). All you do is bring your phone up to the register and they scan the barcode on your phone.

Thoughts?

Every year I use my shopkicks on Black Friday.  As of today, between two phones I have $100 worth in gift cards.  Probably I will have another $50 worth in gift cards by Black Friday.

I also use rewards from Verizon Fios, I have $20 gift card in my hands already.  I am uploading codes in My Coke Rewards, getting close to a $10 gift card.  I use the Viggle app for points, I have enough for gift cards worth $30.  I use Shop Your Way from Sears/Kmart, already have $10 in points.  Red Card from Target for 5% off and Cartwheel app. 

Stack up on coupons that are good past Black Friday.

Physically on BF how do I save? I don't. I spend more cause I buy more (including stuff I probably wouldn't have normally bought. Yep, I'm that person :sidesplit)

Throughout the year, Walmart savings catcher, walgreens points, target cartwheel, coupons, etc..