Target to Price Match Amazon and 28 Other Stores

magickallight

From Target's Press Release:

September 30, 2015

Super savers, it’s time to get excited. Starting Oct. 1, we’re updating Target’s Price Match Policy by expanding digitally, providing longer timeframes and matching additional competitors—so if you find a lower price, it’s now easier than ever to match it in our stores or at Target.com. Here’s a rundown of what’s new.

You can now price match Target.com products with competitors

Just like the policy in our stores, Target.com purchases are now eligible for price matching with competitors. So no matter how or where you like to shop, you can feel confident that you’re getting the best value.

The list of competitors we match just got a lot longer

We’ve expanded the list of online competitors we match (both in stores and Target.com) and added 24 more. We looked at which competitors are most important to our guests, and where there’s a lot of overlap with Target’s product assortment, and landed on the competitors that are most relevant for our guests. And for the first time, that list includes membership clubs like Costco and Sam’s Club.

Here’s the full list: Amazon.com, Babiesrus.com, BedBathBeyond.com, Bestbuy.com, BN.com, Buybuybaby.com, Costco.com, CVS.com, Diapers.com, DicksSportingGoods.com, Drugstore.com, Gamestop.com, JCPenney.com, Kmart.com, Kohls.com, Macys.com, Newegg.com, Officedepot.com, Petco.com, Petsmart.com, Samsclub.com, Sears.com, SportsAuthority.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Toysrus.com, Ulta.com. Walgreens.com, Walmart.com and Wayfair.com.

You’ve got twice as many days to make a price adjustment on a product at Target

We’ve doubled the timeframe for a price adjustment to 14 days, both in stores and at Target.com. That means, if you see a lower price, you have two full weeks to come back for the adjustment. The timeframe for Target.com used to be seven days, or until the end of the following week’s ad for store purchases.

Nice! Although it will be hard to beat Amazon's no sales tax and crowds

My state (NJ) pays sales tax now on Amazon as do many others. This price match combined with my 5% for using my redcard makes this a sweet deal. Location is not an issue for me either as I have at least 5 Targets all within 20 minutes of my home and I'm in one at least once a week.

Now the crowds...you got me there!

My state (NJ) pays sales tax now on Amazon as do many others. This price match combined with my 5% for using my redcard makes this a sweet deal. Location is not an issue for me either as I have at least 5 Targets all within 20 minutes of my home and I'm in one at least once a week.

WI has had me pay sales tax on most items from Amazon recently. And whatever doesn't, you're required to pay on your state income tax return. So, the 5% red card wins out for me.

WI has had me pay sales tax on most items from Amazon recently. And whatever doesn't, you're required to pay on your state income tax return. So, the 5% red card wins out for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon charges sales tax for all states now

Actually, it's only the states they have a distribution center in. However, bribri25 is right, you are supposed to claim it on your state tax if you don't pay it at point of sale.

• Like 1