Staples opening at 6am on Black Friday

Brad

I think it was a matter of sale figures for them, it cost them more money to be open on Thanksgiving for the few hours than what they thought.

It would be nice if everyone would follow their lead, I would love to be able to actually be home on Thanksgiving instead of in line somewhere waiting most of the day.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping this will be back to our normal. I really hate the thursday thing. I enjoy the old days, when we sent the kids to nana and papa's after dinner. We looked over ad's. set the game plan down. chilled a lil bit. Slept from 8 to 2...and on with the shopping. I loved the early wake up and the adrenaline. REALLY hated the ate and run thing.

• Like 3

Hoping this will be back to our normal. I really hate the thursday thing. I enjoy the old days, when we sent the kids to nana and papa's after dinner. We looked over ad's. set the game plan down. chilled a lil bit. Slept from 8 to 2...and on with the shopping. I loved the early wake up and the adrenaline. REALLY hated the ate and run thing.

My plan was similar. Went out after dinner, went home, rested, and then back out with the kids at 7am. The wrench is when online sales also kick in during the middle of the night so basically it's a non stop staggering of openings; sleep from 2-5. I do like being able to do some of the shopping with DD5 & DS4, though. Most of the gifts we buy for them are gotten elsewhere, as toys in the store are often a disaster waiting to happen, or require 6 hours in below 0 temperatures.

• 2 weeks later...

Listen kids, they will open on Thanksgiving until they stop making money on Thanksgiving.  You and I are free to patronize the openings or not.  Employees are free to work the event or not.  Some rely on the money and others thrive on the excitement.  Let's not have every announcement turn into a should they or shouldn't they debate.

Maybe Brad can start an official should they or shouldn't they thread?

• 2 weeks later...

Press release: http://investor.staples.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=96244&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2107160

Black Friday deals begin on Staples.com Thanksgiving Day and in stores Friday at 6 a.m. On Thanksgiving customers can buy online and pick up in store or receive free shipping for Rewards members. For more details on Black Friday deals visit http://www.staples.com/blackfridayad starting November 8. Select Black Friday deals (while supplies last) include:

Amazon Fire 7” tablet bundle $54.99 (reg. $79.99, save $25.00 with instant rebate)
Toshiba i3 notebook with Windows 10 Black Friday Burst $299 (reg. $499 - $150 instant savings - $50 manufacturer instant rebate)
Dell i3147-10000sLV laptop with Windows 10 $299 (reg. $499, save $200)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone order online yesterday and have it shipped already? Mine has been processing even though it's supposed be here monday.

Identical situation.  I just chatted with customer service and they assured me it would be there on Monday between 9-6, but didn't have any tracking information (well, no kidding....i saw that it wasn't shipped - I could have told you there was no tracking info).  At this point, they are going to need to overnight it to get it here by Monday (unless they are shipping it from my local store to my house. lol).  I almost went in the store this morning to re-purchase my items, but I figured by 10am they'd be sold out and that's the last thing DD5 & DS4 would have wanted to do after hitting up Menards/PetSmart/DunkinDonuts/Costco this morning.  There's still more available online of my item - I just want to make sure I get it! :)