Just stopped by the nearest Kmart...

riven3d

Just stopped by the nearest store to me just to pass some time. The electronics department is almost gone they had a couple isles of stuff, movies and TV's but no video games at all. Video games were the only thing I buy from there and now it looks like this year on BF there will be no reason for me to go there, doesn't help that the closest store is 20 miles away

Just stopped by the nearest store to me just to pass some time. The electronics department is almost gone they had a couple isles of stuff, movies and TV's but no video games at all. Video games were the only thing I buy from there and now it looks like this year on BF there will be no reason for me to go there, doesn't help that the closest store is 20 miles away

I noticed that at mine too last week

my last purchase from them was just before BF they had a game on sale that we bought for my DD BF's family.

Its so far to get to one now we dont even get their sales ads not even for BF anymore, so I have to view them online and I am never impressed with them, but to remove the video game selection I was just floored.

Electronics was 2 isles, half an isle to movies, 1 full isle was headphones and other things, and then on the back wall was a few TV's nothing like it used to be at all.

This store is not a franchise store it is indepently owned so I was shocked to see it like that.

I liked shopping there because it having layaway unlike anybody else year round. I bought video games there all the time because of that and now nothing its just so hard to believe.

I worked at Kmart for 4 years (HS into college).  It's sad what they have become.  The only time I see myself excited about going to one is if it's closing and they're having their "going of of business" sale!  2 years ago they were sending me surprise points (free money) towards stuff, so then I would go shop there, but I haven't receieved any surprise points in well over a year.  I don't see them being around in another decade (and that may be generous).

I used to love KMart. When their grocery gambit failed, they quickly started to slide downhill. My experience was like yours, but quite a few years ago. They had pulled ALL of the PC games up and locked up all of the console games. If you do not trust the clientele, then the customers get the message loud and clear that your business is not wanted. I made it a rule to only shop must have deals, and that put me in the store about twice annually. Imagine if others came to this same conclusion. You always saw a dozen or so cars on the parking lot, but Walmart was packed.

KMART is still around?  They've closed so many here that I haven't been in one now in at least 3 years....Last time was to buy a desk for a family that we adopted at work....

Yes!  There's one over here by us on Normandy.  I know there's another one but I can't remember where  :no: