Secret Santa 2015 Official Discussion Thread

pogiporkchop

Thank you Pogiporkchop for putting this all together. I had a lot of fun. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. Bopeep thank you for me gift I haven't had a chance to start with the crochet learning yet but as soon as the new year starts I plan to set aside time to learn. Thank you so much. Willandmel thank you so much for the wonderful ornaments. I would lve to know where you got the wooden ones. I posted them on a Navy for moms site and all the moms there would love to know where to get one for themselves. I think I will leave them up all year I just love them.Thank you.  I hope everyone loved all the gifts they received.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/candyrain/be5aa162-4c7b-482c-b6a9-5e9cf3a6a296_zpsagytrlhw.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/candyrain/379c991d-8e81-4ee6-83f7-f70a753fb724_zpsivpzc9eq.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y142/candyrain/bf8cba91-1bcd-4f67-9ebb-9680f240e3dd_zpstqb2gm5n.jpg

I finally opened my gifts on Christmas Day.  

Ok ok i did peak at one or two gifts a week before but that's it.  

I received a Hello Kitty candy cane, an extention cord for my Wii remote, a package of peanuts(yum), some mints candies,
a Hello Kitty air freshner for my car (my car thanks you), a Hello Kitty ornament, and lastly a super cute decorated box that was wrapped.
That was just mean. :indiffere  But inside was a Hello Kitty bank. :trampolin   You are totally forgiven. :gdhug5:   Surprisingly I don't have a Hello Kiity bank.

Thank you Willandmel so much for my thoughtful gifts.  

Thank you Megara211 for my ornament and nuts :gdlicklips: .

Lastly thank you pogiporkchop and the firm of ShiShi, ShiShi and ShiShi.  You guys earned that bamboo nog. Enjoy!

Edited by lilquiet
  • Like 1

I wasn't the best SS! As when I signed up, I didn't know that there was going to be issues with my youngest daughter that would having me make 6 unexpected trips to Platteville were she attends school. I had so many ideas that I wanted to do but alas none of them happened. I am glad you did like what I sent. We now have had an EEG and this week she goes for a MRI they have diagnosed her with a form of epilepsy along with the other issues she has. I swear this kid can not cut a break. On a high note she did finish the semester with a 3.1 GPA she was proud as the medical issues took a toll and she thought she had failed 2 classes.

• Like 1

I NEED to thank JesusLuvU for ALL the amazing gifts...We didn't get back home til after 8pm when we then had to wait for my brother to get off his phone to open family gifts so I decided to open a few work gifts and my SS gift. I started with all the little packets and then was very amused when I get to envelope last and it clearly states open last, I was very glad I had NOT torn into it first :)

Pics will follow but I did not want to seem ungreatful because I'm anything BUT. Each of these seemed pretty much perfectly selected for us, dog treats for Trina, toys for Bella, my favorite chocolates, hot cocoa to destress at work, candles to brighten up the house, socks for me to lounge around the house in, socks to wear with with my Christmas outfits for the rest of my visits this weekend and the photography course to top it all off. Who knows, maybe better technique/knowledge combined with my love of animals and patience in watching them could turn into a new much loved career....

I was a little overwhelmed while opening the gifts and the groupon in the Christmas card brought tears to my eyes....Thank you a million times over! :)

We received:

The awesome gift box

2 Dog treats (a raw hide and a filled one(peanut butter, I think))- confiscated for Trina

2 Dog squeak toys (blue reindeer and a red light bulb)- confiscated for Bella

2 starbucks drinks (marshmallow hot cocoa and peppermint hot cocoa)

2 DairyMilk Caramello King or Family bars....one of my ALL TIME favorite chocolates

2 delicious candles (sugared pecan and apple cider)

1 pair of Christmas Yorkie socks

1 pair of fuzzy cozy socks (blue with snowman)

1 beautiful Christmas Card (w/ Portuguese on the front-we just emailed our family there or Christmas wishes)

1 Groupon for a photography course- I always wanted to do one but wasn't quite ready when I took as a teen

OK, we've got box before open, open with gifts, Bella sulking because I told her to stay away as I opened (she's a little thief), gifts before envelope, gifts with envelope then Trina with rawhide and Bella with Toy.

attachicon.gifIMG_6946-1.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_6941-1.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_6942-1.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_6945-1.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_6946-1.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_6948-1.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_6951-1.jpg

You are so welcomed. I hope you enjoy and have a blast with your class. 

• Like 1

BIG THANK YOU TO - Mandy4Matt   I am so in love with my ornament. I bought a special box just to store it in.

and a BIG THANK YOU TO - Spice9195 - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU - I LOVE MY gifts... The mug is outstanding, gift card, candy ,etc all is much appreciated... Now how to hide it from the kids is another story.

• Like 2

Illinoismom...we understand.

Life happens...we just gotta roll with it don't we.

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter is having struggles with epilepsy.  It sounds like it's been a rough end of the year for all of you.  But congrats to your daughter on finishing the semester on such a high note!  It's a testament to her character and to her potential.  I am sure that whatever this life throws at her, she will face it and continue to do well!

• Like 1

Huge thank you to momlori!! My SS gift was very special. I received: 3 packs of smarties, a holiday hand soap, some Cowboys items (including a iron on transfer [emoji4]), some hot chocolate and a lovely red throw blanket. I am having surgery on the 21st so the blanket will get plenty of use while I recover. Thanks again!!

post-139824-145140708787_thumb.jpgpost-139824-145140710607_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

::doing my happy dance!::

Gotta tell someone!   I just finished my 2016 Christmas shopping!  Just the little stuff left....you know stocking stuffers etc.  Yip-peee!

HEY CHEF ELF!!   When are we getting our 2016 Secret Santa names?!?  I am ready to start while the sales are hot!

• Like 5

Yes! To the elf that was worried, I got my box and the kitties have already claimed the beautiful sherpa throw for themselves, with Hodges immediately crawling under it for his afternoon nap and Mew joining him but on the top side yesterday afternoon. I did manage to keep the peppermint bark out of their furry paws for myself, though. Ha! Thank you!

As for the Wolverine pillow pet I received earlier, he'll be watching the game with me when the Wolverines take to the field in about 40 minutes! Happy "sweet" '16, y'all! :-)

• Like 2