What were your Favorite Giveaways from Back Friday?

jaymacfla

We have all seen them, those little enticements to be on of the first in line. The proverbial bone, the holy grail of collectors who must have every year offered. I have my favorites, and it could be just about anything offered, even gestures of kindness count and stories of bad Black Fridays turned good by store clearks and managers doing the right thing are out there. Tell us of your favorite!

My apologies for Misspelling Black Friday! I do not have seasonal Moderator privileges ......yet.

Edited by jaymacfla

Here is a fond memory of Best Buy Black Friday 2004. It was the free Sweet Tracks tin with music and other offerings inside. You can see the mention of it on the adscan as well. The next year, they went cheap and it was a download only. Bad move if you ask me.http://s5.postimg.org/p4deoiuqv/Sweet_Tracks.jpg

Edited by jaymacfla

I always liked the Target bag with snacks in it.  Not to mention my Target used to give out coffee and hot cocoa to those in line in the early morning hours.

Exactly! CompUSA would always come out with hot cocoa for many years. Towards the end, they forgot what made them great and the rest is history.

I like the gift card at Sports authority and last year we got a free chair too  JC Penny did a $10 off last year unless you were lucky and got a larger one.  Targets give away last year was yucky in my opinion. Steinmart usually have a scratch off in their ad that I use. 

I have often heard of the prizes at pets mart. Can anyone offer information of the freebies that they received in years past?

The last couple of years it's been a stocking full of freebies

Cat and dog treats, a bone full of disposable bags, a booklet full of discount coupons

They are literally around the corner from best buy, and if the opening times align just right I wouldn't mind stopping by for my well deserved patrol dog.

they dont open till Friday morning I believe at 7am, one of the few stores that still stick with tradition so they are a must stop for us every year. for me I am usually at Sam's Club shopping there so my family does the Pet Smart trip.

Big Lots used to give away nice things,but I cannot remember a single one.  Staples used to have a lot of free-after-rebate items (I still have a few hundred DVDs, four boxes of paper, and a copy paper box full of batteries).  The only giveaways I truly treasure are from sites like this.  I have received a number of shirts over the years that I pull out for November each year.  The collection is rather extensive, spans many years, and a few forums.  Let the giveaways begin!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last year Radio Shack gave away a pair of touch screen gloves as a Black Friday freebie. Since then they have closed a lot of stores in my area, so I don't expect it again this year.

A few years ago, we had an actual winter season here in Oklahoma and it was extremely cold the Black Friday weekend that year. I remember freezing in line at Home Depot, waiting for the doors to open, and the employees came out with doughnuts, coffee, and hot chocolate for us. I thought it was the kindest gesture and it lifted the mood of everyone in line.  :holiday16

• Like 2

Sometimes, it is the little things that make the biggest impression on the consumer. When CompUSA still cared, they gave out hot chocolate. Best Buy did this exactly........ONCE. I thought it would be interesting if stores gave out energy bars or energy drinks from companies that wanted to be associated with the holiday.