Are you already shopping or do you wait?

Elmck

I try to pick up things here and there throughout the year especially the Target toy clearance sales. Tonight I ordered 3 beanbag chairs from pier imports super excited about those and also found some lego watches on clearance at Kohls for 3.60 (after discounts)in store, How about you??

• Like 1

This year I have started a little later than I like too. Normally I pick things up from the day after Christmas until Christmas Eve (so year round) but this year has been different. I have although picked up a couple things and just started a layaway as of Friday, so I'm getting there.

I am almost done with the grandbabies. I'm also done with my youngest (he's joining the Marines, so he's just getting a good laptop this year - I had no idea what else to get him). I've got a few other things, but I still have a long way to go.

Good consumers are always shopping...buying is another thing.  I maintain a list of things I am interested in purchasing including recent good prices, reviews, and other thoughts.  This allows me to pounce on a good deal with out hesitation or reservation.  For example, I am an OTA-first cord cutter.  We have DVRs on all of our televisions.  I had thoroughly researched DVRs in 2010 when we cut the cord and decided on the DTVPal.  Last summer, a couple of the Pals started acting flaky.  They were no longer available, so I engaged in a new research activity.  I decided to buy the DVR+ mostly because the TiVo had a monthly fee and very high TCO.  In May, they offered the TiVo Roamio OTA with Lifetime for $300 and I bought two.  I have purchased low risk gifts in January for a birthday or holiday later in the year.  Worst thing that happens is that you surprise someone with an unexpected gift.

• Like 2

I buy throughout the year if I find something I like. Got the wife a Keurig 2.0 550 for $95 (reg $179-200) shipped and picked up the Battlestar Galactic Definitive Collection (classic series on blu-ray) for $23 (reg $79). When I se deals like that.... they are mine :D.

• Like 1

I have already started. I try to buy what I think will by the hot items that my nieces and nephews would like long before the holiday season. If they don't want them, I usually give them to Toys for Tots if I can't return them. 

We did a lot of traveling this summer and I always pick up a few trinkets for presents along the way. I stopped at that giant Christmas store in Frankenmuth, MI and bought a few gifts. Nothing like Christmas in July!

• Like 2

I have not started yet, but hope to start soon.  My daughter's birthday is in October and I have almost finished her birthday shopping.  I have been on the lookout for possible Christmas gifts, but not yet bought anything.  I am hoping to get a camo jacket for each of the kids in the next two weeks since those usually sell out fairly quickly.  I would say about 90% of Christmas shopping will be done Black Friday week.  Most of the stuff that my kids have even mentioned are things that I know go on sale then.

Good consumers are always shopping...buying is another thing.  I maintain a list of things I am interested in purchasing including recent good prices, reviews, and other thoughts.  This allows me to pounce on a good deal with out hesitation or reservation.  For example, I am an OTA-first cord cutter.  We have DVRs on all of our televisions.  I had thoroughly researched DVRs in 2010 when we cut the cord and decided on the DTVPal.  Last summer, a couple of the Pals started acting flaky.  They were no longer available, so I engaged in a new research activity.  I decided to buy the DVR+ mostly because the TiVo had a monthly fee and very high TCO.  In May, they offered the TiVo Roamio OTA with Lifetime for $300 and I bought two.  I have purchased low risk gifts in January for a birthday or holiday later in the year.  Worst thing that happens is that you surprise someone with an unexpected gift.

Absolutely!  Cant get a good deal if you don't know the prices!  Now I am more prone to buy early as the last couple of years have shown that sometimes waiting until BF isnt the best deal!  

• Like 1

Started Xmas shopping about 2 weeks ago. Prob is that we just moved 2 weeks ago as well so I'm having to stash stuff at work for a couple of months. It's become a tradition to wrap gifts at work a couple days before Xmas then try to hide them until Xmas eve.

• Like 1