Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

I am looking for a good quality Xbox One gaming headset for my son.  Does anyone have any recommendations of a good one or ones that I should stay away from?  Also, either I'm missing it or these aren't in any of the black friday ads.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

I am looking for a good quality Xbox One gaming headset for my son.  Does anyone have any recommendations of a good one or ones that I should stay away from?  Also, either I'm missing it or these aren't in any of the black friday ads.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

My husband has Turtle Beach.  I think Walmart has them in their ad.

DONE! And I am very happy.

Microsoft store:

1TB Tomb Raider edition Xbox One: $349.99

$60 Microsoft card: Free

Forza Horizon 2: Free

Forza Limited Edition controller: $39.99

The selection of "free games" was sucky, only 4 of them. I figure this will give him time to put Forza 6 on his birthday list (March). The selection of discounted controllers was quite impressive.

So I paid $50 more than the Target price, but got the 1TB; still got a $60 gift card, and a comparable price on the controller. And it didn't have to be bundled with games we didn't want. Woot!

• Like 1

Microsoft store:

The selection of "free games" was sucky, only 4 of them. I figure this will give him time to put Forza 6 on his birthday list (March). The selection of discounted controllers was quite impressive.

So I paid $50 more than the Target price, but got the 1TB; still got a $60 gift card, and a comparable price on the controller. And it didn't have to be bundled with games we didn't want. Woot!

You talked me into it. I went with the 1TB MS Store deal over Target as well.  Now I don't have to go to Target at all :)

Microsoft store:

I ended up at the MS store too.  A bundle for everyone, right?

Xbox One 1TB Holiday Bundle Unit price: $399.00
$60 Microsoft Store gift code Unit price: $60.00
Sunset Overdrive for Xbox One: Unit price: $29.99
Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Wireless Controller: Unit price: $69.99

Discount: $169.99
Subtotal: $388.99
Sales tax: $0.00

Total: $388.99

Plus (hopefully) 5% cashback from Discover.

I ended up at the MS store too.  A bundle for everyone, right?

Xbox One 1TB Holiday Bundle Unit price: $399.00
$60 Microsoft Store gift code Unit price: $60.00
Sunset Overdrive for Xbox One: Unit price: $29.99
Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Wireless Controller: Unit price: $69.99

Discount: $169.99
Subtotal: $388.99
Sales tax: $0.00

Total: $388.99

Plus (hopefully) 5% cashback from Discover.

YES! That was the best thing about it. Really was not fond of having to get a game he'd never play - seemed like everywhere just wanted to clear out their old 500gb models.

Microsoft store:

I opted for the Microsoft store too; Lego movie game 500 gb console with a $60 gift card and I chose Rare Replay for the free game. This is DS8's big gift this year. I paid $319.93 and I'm getting $ back from ebates and still have the gift card coming.

BTW, if you want more controllers or games, head over to amazon.com.  Best four person games for the xbox one are Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (FPS), Minecraft (adventure), and Rayman Legends (Platformer).  Controllers are $39 for the new version, Rayman Legends is $23.99, Minecraft is $16.37, and Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is $24.99.

Happy Thanksgiving!

YES! That was the best thing about it. Really was not fond of having to get a game he'd never play - seemed like everywhere just wanted to clear out their old 500gb models.

That was the trick, wasn't it?  LOL.  I had alerts set up for xbox and my mailbox was full this morning.  I really wanted the Master Chiefs Bundle, but I can add the game for what I saved at the MS store.  The $60 gift code is like throwing in Battlefront -- which is why we are buying an Xbox One.  Sunset Overdrive looks amazing.  Gears of War is a great split screen shooter.  Ori and the Blind forest is one of those games players like more than critics (who liked it a lot), and Rare Replay...well, Replay is a throw in.  Still the $50 premium over the GoW Ultimate gets you the 1t disk, Ori, and Replay.

My second choice was the Fallout 4 Bundle.  It was close except that FO4 did not include Sunset Overdrive as a free game option.

I would have been happy with either.

• Like 1

Anyone seeing delays in receiving their items from Microsoft? I have received my console, but the games I purchased two days later are still showing as processing. Two phone calls to Microsoft yielded someone I couldn't understand, and disconnections.

Have to love outsourced support :)