Official Black Friday VIDEO GAMES Discussion Thread

Brad

As always, we have several dedicated threads for the hotter items each Black Friday. Please try to keep all discussion related to these items in their official threads. Other threads posted will likely be merged into this main thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am in a position where I need to upgrade my Xbox 360 4GB.  My intention is to sell it on eBay instead of accepting "peanuts" from GameStop or Best Buy via trade-in.  Would it be best to pull the trigger now or see if any deals are available on BF?  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You know they are coming out with awesome bundles like they have a all blue xbox it comes out 9/15/15 and of course the white one the halo master chief I would say put one in layaway so you will already have it and I know for sure there is going to be a awesome bundle deal on black Friday

You don't see the latest consoles go on sale on BF, however you will see good bundles like an extra game or 2. Perhaps an extra controller or Xbox or PSN credit. If you look hard enough now, you will find Xbox one deals for around $300-$320 on a daily basis complete with a game.

Xb1 and PS4 should never be paid at full retail with Amazon, Newegg, and EBay discounting them daily. Avoid Walmart, BB, or Target unless they are giving you an extra game, controller, or a year of Xbox live or PSN. Look for good bundles including Madden in a couple weeks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If its a special bundle Halo Blue xbox white xbox and you want it grab it. Don't wait 99% of the time its the basic bundle controller, game or games that have been out awhile. Look at the current bundle offerings those will be the games unless they allow you to customize the bundle and take $10 or $15 off per game if you purchase two or three.  Also don't forget about the normal 50 % off games sale around the holidays and the buy 2 get one free etc.  Bottom line if you are ok with any console and games wait, if you have to have a special XBOX One, buy it lay away or just to have.  They are counting on the demand for them units, and most won't be put on sale. They will always put the generic consoles on sale to increase game demands etc. Madden and all yearly games go on sale as a way to sale most of them out while they can, after the release they cut their losses on the games and still get $30 a pop instead of the normal $60 on BF.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who replied! I was able to grab the Halo Xbox One bundle with a 40 inch TV from BB several weeks ago for $499. Now I just have to sell my XBOX 360 and the plethora of games and accessories.

XBox 360 games will work on the Xbox one soon. With the next update they are adding backwards compatibility.

• Like 2

Ok, decided to up-size DD request for PS3 and are getting her a PS4. However, the game that she wants is still not available on 4.  I have heard rumors that it will be on 4 - can anyone tell me if they know if it will be out or out by Christmas?

Tittle - Beyond Two Souls

Ok, decided to up-size DD request for PS3 and are getting her a PS4. However, the game that she wants is still not available on 4. I have heard rumors that it will be on 4 - can anyone tell me if they know if it will be out or out by Christmas?

Tittle - Beyond Two Souls

I googled it looks like only in Europe and pal regions

• 3 weeks later...

Good question.  Looking at an XBOX ONE for my son before he goes to college.....think I will wait.

While its not likely there will be any particularly price drops on Xbox One consoles during the holiday season, a lot of retailers will offer gift cards and game/controller bundle incentives.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you have to pre order the call of duty black ops 3 to get all the old zombie maps and if so is it like a special one I need to ask for

It will not have all of the old maps, only Der Riese from World at War's nazi zombies mode.  And you will need to buy either the Juggernog edition, Hardened edition, or the Deluxe Digital edition.  

Personal opinion? Not worth an extra $20 or more for just a single map. Chances are good it will be released with later DLC at a lower price, anyway.

Has anyone played Lego Dimensions yet??  Thinking of getting in for my 8 year old, but he doesn't play Skylanders or Infinity anymore.  He does enjoy playing his lego games, though.  Reviews are kind of all over the place on Amazon...some love it and some say it's a complete waste of money.  Opinions??