Roll call of who our early birds of August are...

Peppermint

MEEEEE!

This year will be very different from years past!  My husband just started teaching art part time in our local public school and in the local christian school.  He is making less yearly, but it is steady income instead of a variable one.  He is also back in school himself to finish his art education degree.  We will use some of the leftover financial aid to buy Christmas for our kids this year.  So I am really hoping to find some good BF deals!

I always check in before the end of August.  This should be an interesting Christmas shopping season.  People have been talking about all the drones being imported.  Is this on anyone's shopping list?  Is anyone still shopping for PCs?  Windows 10 is supposed to boost performance 20-30% on the same hardware.  I haven't felt that, but I haven't played any games since upgrading.  Amazon is supposed to release a new streamer.  Apple too.  Anyone care?  Anyone going to fork over $200 for Apple TV?  Is this the year of wearables?  Anyone shopping for an iWatch?  

I think we are going to be talking about TV again this year.  With the demise of plasma and 4k hitting its stride, we might see some really irresistible deals.  Looks like there may be a new TiVo lineup coming for Christmas.  I expect to see eye popping 4k demos in the stores as well as 4k discs and players.  

Cord cutters may want to check into the TiVo OTA RIGHT NOW as TiVo is offering one for $300 with lifetime service.  Last year Channel Master put their DVR+ on sale for $175 shipped.  Expect that again this year and look for Sling TV on that box as well.  

Anyone shopping for a new phone?  Nothing exciting in the mobile arena except that data is getting cheaper and contracts are going away.  We switched from Verizon to AT&T last BF.  Got three new phones, $150 credit per line, 15g of shared data, and rollover minutes for $140/month plus the cost of the phones.

I have to go work on my haiku!

• Like 1

Won't pay $200 for the new AppleTV if that's what it comes out as. Rumors have it either $199 or $149 both I think are too much.

I would like a 4K TV but it may end up the one in our bedroom if there is a great sale since we just got a 70" for the living room after we moved into the new house. That one will last a while.

I have a TiVo Roamio Pro in the livingroom with a TiVo mini with lifetime in the bedroom. Nice setup. I always watch what they bring out, have been a customer since the year the original one came out.

I'm interested in the I watch; for myself though. Also considering upgrading all of the kids bedroom tv's; 4k not necessary for those.

Also will be getting a new gaming system; this will be the 2nd Xbox one that I am purchasing. DS19 received his the year they were released; it is his only. DS8 will be getting one this year to go in the finished basement. Those things are it as far as pricey electronics are concerned.